Chillar cut due to off-season injury

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The loss of Chillar actually hurt my heart! I love this guy and I will miss him terribly!. As to the LB question, I don't know if I'd hit the panic button just yet. Wait and see how they do. Look at this team last year, all the areas we thought were thin actually had a lot more heart than we ever could of imagined. I have faith in the players we do have. I think if it becomes an issue, TT will fix it in trade/draft.

OP
OP
slaughter25

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not quite hitting the panic button yet. Still a very long way to go until Sept 8th but after seeing the array of our big name starters go down like flies last year it is just a bit unnerving to know that there really isn't anyone worth talking about behind the two guys right up the middle of our defense. But in the end you are right In Ted We Trust

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not quite hitting the panic button yet. Still a very long way to go until Sept 8th but after seeing the array of our big name starters go down like flies last year it is just a bit unnerving to know that there really isn't anyone worth talking about behind the two guys right up the middle of our defense. But in the end you are right In Ted We Trust

Maybe Brad Jones, Frank Zombo, or Erik Walden can prove versatile or one of the rookies will surprise, similar to Zombo.

Reaction score
I think TT has to have a lot of faith in Eric Walden, Brad Jones, and Frank Zombo. If you think about it, we still have pretty good depth in the LB position.

All have exceptional talent and pro bowl caliber skills
Clay Matthews
A.J. Hawk
Desmond Bishop

Filled in a roll and excelled at it
Eric Walden (Chicago game Week 17 anybody?)
Brad Jones (Started as a rookie)
Frank Zombo (Decent at pass rush and coverage and best friends with CM3)

Others
D.J. Smith (TT will always make room for another rookie)
Diyral Briggs (Might get released to make room for an undrafted free agent)

OP
OP
slaughter25

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think TT has to have a lot of faith in Eric Walden, Brad Jones, and Frank Zombo. If you think about it, we still have pretty good depth in the LB position.

All have exceptional talent and pro bowl caliber skills
Clay Matthews
A.J. Hawk
Desmond Bishop

Filled in a roll and excelled at it
Eric Walden (Chicago game Week 17 anybody?)
Brad Jones (Started as a rookie)
Frank Zombo (Decent at pass rush and coverage and best friends with CM3)

Others
D.J. Smith (TT will always make room for another rookie)
Diyral Briggs (Might get released to make room for an undrafted free agent)

i liked some of the flashes shown by Walden Jones and Zombo but those were all at OLB a very very very different position in the 3-4 than ILB. I'd like to think that one of them could step up if needed but none of them has the skill set of Hawk Bishop or Chillar for that matter

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The loss of Chillar actually hurt my heart! I love this guy and I will miss him terribly!.QUOTE]

I agree 100%. It was one of my favs. If not top favorite. Such a nice guy. I hope he can find good team and keep his injury probelms incheck.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
It's actually kind of strange, as a fan I really have never thought so much about the depth of a team until after this year. You expect some injuries but nothing like last year. All I know is that every time someone went down, someone else stepped up and got it done.
Even Howard Green came along well into the year. Now he's on the team. With teams scrambling this year releasing players and grabbing free agents it's a nut house. You have to believe there's someone out there who Ted would call on if it's a problem.
To be honest, I'm more scared of our CB depth than ILB. But you know Whitt will have House playing dime within a month, lol.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The loss of Chillar actually hurt my heart! I love this guy and I will miss him terribly!.QUOTE]

I agree 100%. It was one of my favs. If not top favorite. Such a nice guy. I hope he can find good team and keep his injury probelms incheck.

I'm still holding out distant hope that he somehow lands up back with the Pack. That is if he is healthy, nobody else scoops him up, and the Pack still has room for him (roster/cap). I also hope he can find a good team if he doesn't come back here, I'd still cheer for him, not so much the other team. In that respect, it's like when Harris went to the Phins, I still remained a Harris fan. It would be nice to see Chillar retire as a Packer and I'm thankful he got his SB ring with us.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe im just indifferent about it, but i never thought he was good at all and thought he was paid WAYY too much.. he blew so many plays when they had him in that stupid safety role.. and he was just flat out invisible on the field.. he never did much for me at all and im glad hes gone

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe im just indifferent about it, but i never thought he was good at all and thought he was paid WAYY too much.. he blew so many plays when they had him in that stupid safety role.. and he was just flat out invisible on the field.. he never did much for me at all and im glad hes gone

I have to agree with you on one point. Moving him to safety was a real bad idea. I hate to think that idea came from the mind of Capers. It just didn't work out for him or the line as a whole.