Charlie Peprah is back in the fold

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
He burned Gutler pretty good in in wk 16 with a pick in the endzone. He's a good starter/backup.

Interestingly, it says he had the 2nd most number of tackles in the postseason! And led the team in tackles in the SB!

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Good for him. Cut three different times and works his way back and gets a multi-year deal worth a couple million.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Feel good story. Plays hard every week. I like him a lot. Real Blue Collar guy. Perfect Pack.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is why I have admired TT's player decisions since he first started in GB. He knows the importance of defense. Defense wins championships as we witnessed recently. Not taking anything away from A Rod and our excellent O.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peprah was a HUGE reason the Packers won the SB. He stepped in great for Burnett/Martin/Bigby. I'm really, really glad he's back.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Who do you guys think wins the starting strong safety position next season?

Sometimes the obvious answer is the correct one: Burnett. Thompson didn’t trade up for him for noth’n. I thought he was really coming on before he got hurt. More speed and athleticism than Peprah but he’s got to work on his “thump” as a safety. And having Peprah as depth is a luxury few teams will have.

Like Poppa San, I wouldn’t mind seeing Woodson line up at safety in the base D with Shields and Williams at CB and then have Burnett come on at safety in the nickel. Since Capers had the Packers in the nickel more than base, Burnett would still get a lot of snaps. I think Shields has a good chance to continue to develop making it difficult to keep him off the field.

Riley82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is lots of ghana people at my work and they love charlie pepprah i like him to he is better than bigby i think pepprah never had a fair chance in the past.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I kinda miss Bigby. Anybody know Peprah is allegedly the grandson of the former military president of Ghana, general Ignatius Kutu Acheampong?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I kinda miss Bigby. Anybody know Peprah is allegedly the grandson of the former military president of Ghana, general Ignatius Kutu Acheampong?
So? His grandfather led a coup that put him in power over a democratically elected government.
I know... African politics is hard to figure out but it's not like he was some benevolent lord. He was later deposed in a coup himself.
I'm a descendant of King George myself. I don't care about lineage, I just want him to play the game well.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
So? His grandfather led a coup that put him in power over a democratically elected government.
I know... African politics is hard to figure out but it's not like he was some benevolent lord. He was later deposed in a coup himself.
I'm a descendant of King George myself. I don't care about lineage, I just want him to play the game well.
You'd think a guy from that kind of lineage would tackle better

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Why would you think that? I"d think a guy from a nothing background like Donald Driver would have more motivation.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Why would you think that? I"d think a guy from a nothing background like Donald Driver would have more motivation.
I'm not talking motivation, more like... bloodlust? I hate having to explain my witticisms, sucks the fun out of making them

Members online