Charles Woodson wins honor as top defensive player

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
By the way there was more from a different source
You knew Rex Ryan wouldn't be shy about sharing his thoughts on the NFL Defensive Player of the Year going to Packers CB Charles Woodson -- and he wasn't. "I wasn't going to comment on it, but I was really going to comment on it," he said. "You know what I would like? I would like to congratulate the people who voted for Darrelle Revis, that these guys obviously really know the game. You've got to look at the numbers, not just a number about this or a number about that, this stat or that stat. "A number I think is interesting would be eight, and, no, that's not the amount of touchdown passes that Green Bay gave up against Arizona. That is the number of touchdown passes we gave up all season as the Jets, and the biggest reason for that is Darrelle Revis." Ryan said Revis had the best season by a cornerback that he's ever seen. He also added, "Revis is going for different hardware right now." So take that, Woodson. I was on the panel of 50 voters, and I'm not going to reveal my choice ... well, let's just say it wouldn't be popular among Cheesehead Nation. I put a lot of thought into it, talking to people and studying the numbers, and I felt that Revis' impact on the Jets' defense went beyond pure stats. Without him, they wouldn't have made the playoffs and they probably would've been a sub-.500 team. Woodson captured 28 votes, Revis 14. Read more: The Jets Stream - NY Daily News

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes. I like Ryan's honesty. It's refreshing.

If by refreshing, you mean Ryan took a serious cheap shot at the Pack, and you wanna kick some serious Jets *** next season (Yes we play them, and he just gave us the ammunition to rip his team to shreds) then I hear ya.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
If by refreshing, you mean Ryan took a serious cheap shot at the Pack, and you wanna kick some serious Jets *** next season (Yes we play them, and he just gave us the ammunition to rip his team to shreds) then I hear ya.
Refreshing in the way that any other coach would've said some variant of "You know, Charles Woodson had a great year. I'm disappointed it didn't go our way, but Woodson played well this year and that's just the way it goes sometimes." but Ryan told the truth. He didn't ******** us, he told us how he really felt. I like honesty from coaches. It's better than that canned, boring, politically correct crap that spews from 31 other coach's mouths.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Refreshing in the way that any other coach would've said some variant of "You know, Charles Woodson had a great year. I'm disappointed it didn't go our way, but Woodson played well this year and that's just the way it goes sometimes." but Ryan told the truth. He didn't ******** us, he told us how he really felt. I like honesty from coaches. It's better than that canned, boring, politically correct crap that spews from 31 other coach's mouths.

He's a fat, tactless pile of ****.

He could have said something to support Revis (Who is a great player and had a great year) and still gave Woodson some respect.

See, I did it. :happy0005:

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Corner Back is my Kinda Scum!

Rex Ryan the Hut
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This Corner Back is my Kinda Scum!

Shot of Ginn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wrote a post about it in my blog (which of course has to have a picture of Chuck drinking haha), but I'm so sick and tired of these butthurt Jets fans complaining about the fact that there cornerback who has better CB metrics (which are faulty stats) should have gotten it, then there coach who is comparable to Brett Favre in his doucheiness has to chime in with a well planned out insult on the Packers after saying he "didn't want to comment"

Members online

Latest posts