Charles Woodson wins honor as top defensive player

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Packers cornerback Charles Woodson will get a nice consolation prize after his team lost over the weekend.In a mild surprise (to us, anyway), Woodson was named the Associated Press Defensive Player of the Year, winning the award over Jets cornerback...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

bear7625

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson, DOP!

Just saw on ESPN that Woodson has been named defencive player of the year. Let me be one of the first to congratulate him on a great season.

tfrentz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4818624"]Green Bay Packers' Charles Woodson named defensive player of the year - ESPN[/ame]

Woodson named top defensive player

Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Green Bay cornerback Charles Woodson has won The Associated Press 2009 NFL Defensive Player of the Year award.
The versatile Woodson tied for the league lead with nine interceptions, returning three for touchdowns, and was a key to the Packers' turnaround on defense.
His role in Green Bay's performance -- second in the league in overall defense, first in interceptions (30), takeaways (40) and turnover margin (plus-24) -- earned Woodson 28 votes from a nationwide panel of 50 sportswriters and broadcasters who cover the NFL.
He doubled the number of votes for New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis in becoming the first Green Bay winner since Reggie White in 1998 and just the second Packer in the 36-year history of the award.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very dubious honor to Charles Woodson and congrats to him. in his reaction to it you know that he is very humbled to get it but at the same time he thinks its bittersweet. He would give up this award any day just to get a superbowl ring.

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what they say, 3/4 of the world is covered by water and the other 1/4 is by Woodson! =D

Congrats Woodson, crazy as his gameplay has picked up later in his career. . .he's a stud in all aspects.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope with this award he renews his spirit and comes out swinging next year, because we'll need him in full force...

And congratulations, very well deserved.

don_frosto

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yay Charles!! Congrats on a wonderful season. You have helped our team in numerous ways since you got here. We are very proud to have you here.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What a classless clown. I feel bad for Revis in that he has to play for this crybaby. The Pack should adopt him.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Very dubious honor to Charles Woodson and congrats to him. in his reaction to it you know that he is very humbled to get it but at the same time he thinks its bittersweet. He would give up this award any day just to get a superbowl ring.
I'm not particularly sure you know what that word means. :lol:

Main Entry: du·bi·ous
Pronunciation: \ˈdü-bē-əs also dyü-\
1 : giving rise to uncertainty: as a : of doubtful promise or outcome <a dubious plan> b : questionable or suspect as to true nature or quality <the practice is of dubious legality>
2 : unsettled in opinion : doubtful <I was dubious about the plan>

Anywho, congrats to Woodson. He certainly deserved it. I shudder to think where we would've been without him.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rex Ryan is a bigger pile of **** than I thought he was.

Rex Ryan surprisingly unimpressed with DPOY vote | ProFootballTalk.com

Rex Ryan surprisingly unimpressed with DPOY vote

"I wasn't going to comment on it," said Ryan. "You know what I would like? I would like to congratulate the people who voted for Darrelle Revis, those guys obviously really know the game."

What a fat worthless pile of **** that he cannot give any respect for what he has done for so long and finallyh gets some recognition for it. He has earned some respect and that fat *** cannot even give him that.

Never liked any of the Ryans. Thought they were all turds including Buddy Ryan. He's just a fat little Wee man look alike from *******. His lunge trying to punch Kevin Gilbride when they were part of the Oilers was just pathetic.

Members online

Latest posts