Brian Calhun going pro??

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is an article from JSonline.com

LINK: ( http://www.jsonline.com/badger/fb/dec05/375882.asp )

saying that there are some postion changes happening (possible) for the up coming bowl game against the Auburn Tigers. One of them is Moving DB (redshirt) Antonio Freeman to RB. That paper suggests that this might be becasue they are looking for a replacement for Calhoun, because he could go pro.

If he goes pro, I hope the packers pick him up. he might be a 3rd down back but that is exactly what we need. I know Bush and Williams would be wonderful but Gado is still pretty good. Have him and Calhoun in the backfield, got a good speed threat with him as well. If he came out after this year, I would expect him to go 3rd round or late 2nd round, no later then 4th.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Calhoun would be ill advised to go pro he has a legitimate shot at the hiesman next year and going pro now would cost him money in the next level

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could see him going pro... And I could also see him in a Packer uniform. Actually I would love to see that. Our running game should be a lot better if we had him.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ChuckSTG said:
There is an article from JSonline.com

LINK: ( http://www.jsonline.com/badger/fb/dec05/375882.asp )

saying that there are some postion changes happening (possible) for the up coming bowl game against the Auburn Tigers. One of them is Moving DB (redshirt) Antonio Freeman to RB. That paper suggests that this might be becasue they are looking for a replacement for Calhoun, because he could go pro.

If he goes pro, I hope the packers pick him up. he might be a 3rd down back but that is exactly what we need. I know Bush and Williams would be wonderful but Gado is still pretty good. Have him and Calhoun in the backfield, got a good speed threat with him as well. If he came out after this year, I would expect him to go 3rd round or late 2nd round, no later then 4th.

I don't mean any disrespect here, but the Packers will be in 3rd and long all season if they don't get better 1st and 2nd down RB's...

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are 2 schools of thought about Calhoun going pro. One is he won't put up any better numbers next year so he should take the money now and get the max number of years as an RB. The other is he should stay another year and prove his durability and consistency, maybe even put on a little weight.

If he is no more than a 3rd or 4th rd pick I think he should stay. Another good year would move him up a round or two and more than make up for the money. Also it gives him a better chance of sticking with a team as a higher draft pick, therefore giving him more time to prove himself. In addition the draft is fickle and he could slide to 5th or 6th and that would be a shame.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An utterly stupid move on Calhoun's part, if he does go pro. He needs another year(behind a better offensive line next year) to get ready.
He would be about a third round pick, and would be roughly what Tony Fisher is with the Packers, a third-down back. He's a smaller version of Michael Bennett.

This is a classic case of too many people whispering in a young man's ear.