Bills sign Bob Sanders (ex-Packer DC)

franchisedotcom

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Former Packers DC Bob Sanders was signed as the Buffalo Bills defensive lines coach.

Now I'm from Buffalo and don't know too much about the guy, so I was wondering if anyone could give me non-biased insight and whether or not he can help the Bills.

Thanks guys, and congrats on the Chunky Soup Contest. (The Bills lost to ya'll in the Super Bowl).

Packerbacker87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll try to be as non-biased as possible...but this is tough...

First of all, I'm sorry.

The Packer's D was the Achilles Heel this year. For as good as the offense was (and it was good)...the D was very porous...often giving up leads in the 4th quarter for no apparent reason. The run defense was deplorable, and our once heralded secondary got blown away on many pass plays (the New Orleans game was hard to watch)...there's a reason why the entire defensive coaching staff was fired in the off season. I just hope for you and the Bill's sake, that it was the entire collective "effort" of the defensive staff that was failing, and not just Sanders.

greenbaypacker80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bob Sanders had too much on his plate as the DC. He is a good coach but some guys are just not cut out to be DC. Sanders is a good coach but DC is too much for him to handle. What amazes me is how Kurt "toast" Schotenheimer got to come back as coach. He was with Bob Slowick when our defense was giving up 50 points every week. Slowick was running the Broncos D this year and it amazes me he gets DC jobs because his defenses get lit up.