BF trade happened 20 years ago today: 2/11/92

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Check out the vid: "Brett Favre's first pass in the NFL was a touchdown. But not for the Falcons."
I'm not surprised.
And his first completion as a Packer was to himself.
Again, it figures.
And his last plays as a Packer and a Jet were interceptions and as a Viking he gets sacked.
What a way to end his careers with those teams.
Brett Favre. The bookend losing QB.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great trade by Wolf. Too bad Favre turned into a prima donna and dissed the organization. But I agree it was a pivotal day. As one who suffered for so many years I finally had hope. Then came Reggie and the rest is history.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre was always what I considered a "Team Guy". He did everything right, restructured contracts, resigned with the team, never even thought about leaving Green Bay in Free Agency, made the game fun to watch.

That is till the Rams playoff game...then the 2008 post season. I lost a lot of respect for the guy and an individual, but will not ever lose respect for what he did for the Organization between 92-07. He's one of the Greatest players in GB history, brought the team back to prominence, only 1 losing season and 2 SB trips and lead it to one of the best 16 years in NFL history.

Even though I'm not looking forward to his induction into the Packer and NFL HOF's like I once did, the guy deserves it.

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wolf made the single greatest trade in franchise history and, in the end, arguably one of the most lopsided in NFL history.
Honorable mention: Lombardi trades A.D. Williams to the Browns in 1960 for Willie Davis, and in 1959 he gives the Browns a 4th round draft choice in 1960 for Henry Jordan.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wolf made the single greatest trade in franchise history and, in the end, arguably one of the most lopsided in NFL history.
Honorable mention: Lombardi trades A.D. Williams to the Browns in 1960 for Willie Davis, and in 1959 he gives the Browns a 4th round draft choice in 1960 for Henry Jordan.
If I could go into an alternative universe where I could watch Lombardi and Favre on the same team, sign me up for that trip.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Favre was always what I considered a "Team Guy". He did everything right, restructured contracts, resigned with the team, never even thought about leaving Green Bay in Free Agency, made the game fun to watch.

That is till the Rams playoff game...then the 2008 post season. I lost a lot of respect for the guy and an individual, but will not ever lose respect for what he did for the Organization between 92-07. He's one of the Greatest players in GB history, brought the team back to prominence, only 1 losing season and 2 SB trips and lead it to one of the best 16 years in NFL history.

Even though I'm not looking forward to his induction into the Packer and NFL HOF's like I once did, the guy deserves it.

I think lot of people feel the same, in fact I know I do

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Check out the vid: "Brett Favre's first pass in the NFL was a touchdown. But not for the Falcons."
I'm not surprised.
And his first completion as a Packer was to himself.
Again, it figures.
And his last plays as a Packer and a Jet were interceptions and as a Viking he gets sacked.
What a way to end his careers with those teams.
Brett Favre. The bookend losing QB.

He is still an all time great and a HOF QB. I enjoyed watching him when I was younger and I was a fan and actually felt bad for him against the Saints in that title game in 2009. I was rooting for the Vikings because I felt if the Colts were to lose the SB I would rather it had been to Favre to see him go out on top.

He did become a bit of a pain in the *** though I admit. He got a bit strange. But, still an all time exciting player to watch and he never bored me.

I am a bigger fan of Aaron though.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Anyone made a bet 20 years ago that this would all pan out? Two Super Bowl appearances with one win, several playoff games, and accurately guess how many times he would retire. He did a lot of good for the Packers. Glad we had him, hate how he left us, god dang he knew how to entertain.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
This is what I love about this forum. Balance! A lot of the comments posted are from people who don't like how things turned out with Brett but in this discussion you can see the history clearly. Not like another forum that I got kicked off of. You all are real and I appreciate that.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what I love about this forum. Balance! A lot of the comments posted are from people who don't like how things turned out with Brett but in this discussion you can see the history clearly. Not like another forum that I got kicked off of. You all are real and I appreciate that.
Probably the same one I left. It was non stop Favre. Even after last years Super Bowl win it was a major topic.

I rooted for Favre because he wore a Packer uniform. After decades of mediocrity it was a good ride. But in the end I rooted just as hard against him. I viewed him as a traitor.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks!!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if Bills forums honor OJ....
I will never know if he committed those murders since I was not an eye witness and both scenarios imo are plausible.
(Having racist cops didn't help. He beat Nicole. Etc.)
But I still can't believe that he is in prison.
Probably because he got acquitted the first time.
He is a sociopath thinking that he could get away with it with a gun and witnesses.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably the same one I left. It was non stop Favre. Even after last years Super Bowl win it was a major topic.
They posted a news article about the win against the Stealers.
But here's the kicker.
It quoted fans praising Favre but no where are the names at all, if I remember right, of Aaron Rodgers or even Reggie White.
Those schmucks are in such denial.

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He sure murdered the Packers chances in alot of playoff games.

BOOM
This is true.
Nonetheless, it's astonishing how often a thread gets hijacked and devolves into a "Favre sure sucked" kind of discussion. The hold that guy has over some people is kind of, well, creepy. But I suppose we could find some 90-yr-old fans who still curse Lambeau...

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Devine's trade for a broken down John Hadl? Very lopsided - just not in the Packers favor...

Ahman Green for Fred Vinson?

Yes, I too was a huge Favre fan. Now I find myself siding - very closely in feelings twards Favre and what he has done, with IVO. As much as I can no longer stand seeing his face or listening to him babble about himself, you cannot discount what he had done for the Packers and his accomplishments or the teams accomplishments during his playing days. Again, I was a fan during the Hunter, Tagge, Hadl, old Starr, Del Gazo, Campbell, and Whitehurst days, so having a strong quarterback each game was refreshing and entertaining.

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Devine's trade for a broken down John Hadl? Very lopsided - just not in the Packers favor...

Ahman Green for Fred Vinson?

Yes, I too was a huge Favre fan. Now I find myself siding - very closely in feelings twards Favre and what he has done, with IVO. As much as I can no longer stand seeing his face or listening to him babble about himself, you cannot discount what he had done for the Packers and his accomplishments or the teams accomplishments during his playing days. Again, I was a fan during the Hunter, Tagge, Hadl, old Starr, Del Gazo, Campbell, and Whitehurst days, so having a strong quarterback each game was refreshing and entertaining.
Same here; as a little kid I was a fan of Hunter--and even Tagge (albeit for only a few games)--for awhile. I had the feeling though that the Packers wouldn't get anywhere without someone like a Bradshaw or Staubach.
Unrelated aside: Did you pick up any lids from the MEARS auction?

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
I am a huge Favre fan myself but I must admit that I cringed a great number of time when he dropped back to pass especially during the playoffs. It seemed like it was inevitable. Even when he was with the Vikings that first year against the Saints. They could have won the game if he would have ran instead of the INT. I have to admit that I was not a happy camper.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am a huge Favre fan myself but I must admit that I cringed a great number of time when he dropped back to pass especially during the playoffs. It seemed like it was inevitable. Even when he was with the Vikings that first year against the Saints. They could have won the game if he would have ran instead of the INT. I have to admit that I was not a happy camper.

He was tired so he couldnt run for the extra yards...Yet he ran about 10 yards to the side before throwing it..

At least that was one excuse I read from fans

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I will never know if he committed those murders since I was not an eye witness and both scenarios imo are plausible.
You've got to be the only one who doesn't know. The evidence admitted in the criminal trial was overwhelming. Add in the evidence not admitted and it's even more overwhelming. Circumstantial evidence is often more reliable than eye witness testimony. If you give the jurors the benefit of the doubt, what happened in the jury room is called "jury nullification" and it was based upon the legacy of race relations between cops and the black community in LA.

Check out this analysis of what IMO can only be reasonably called OJ's confession: http://www.statementanalysis.com/oj-simpson/

If you still don't know, check out the evidence introduced by a competent attorney in the civil trial which found him liable.

And if that doesn't do it, consider the fact the murderer wrote a book titled, "If I did it". How likely would it be for an innocent man accused of such a heinous crime writing that book?