OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
tromadz said:
Yeah, he does that.

here is yet another wonderful post about football from another poster. about par for this forum.

You seem to mock the forum in every other post now. I think it might be time for you to find another forum.

If I was only a mod.

well, of course you do, everybody must post the same thing, or else they must leave, no opinions allowed, no doubt, you are from illinois, and a speeling bee champ no doubt.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
Greg C. said:
Thompson has made his choices, the team is showing improvement, the season is about to start, and I for one am looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.
let's talk about your credability

what proof do you have this team is improved?

Let's talk about your creditability...

-Brandon Jackson-does not have the burst
How did Brandon Jackson do?
Brandon Jackson - I thought we got him going there in the third quarter. I don't know if he had a whole lot of running room frankly in the first two quarters. I think he showed what he's capable of doing. He has excellent burst and quickness. He is definitely a threat when he gets to the second level. I thought he had some nice runs. I thought he played physical. From what I've seen, I thought he did a pretty good job in the pass protection, so he's a young man that needs to play
Source Link

I was hopping you would post that pathetic quote from MM about B-Jacks incredible burst against a third string defense.
this shows your credability!
WAKE UP MAN!
THE PACKERS CAN NOT RUN THE BALL. put A-Rod in, please, let's see him QB the team that can not run, and watch teams just Tee off on him.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I was hopping you would post that pathetic quote from MM about B-Jacks incredible burst against a third string defense.
this shows your credability!
WAKE UP MAN!
THE PACKERS CAN NOT RUN THE BALL. put A-Rod in, please, let's see him QB the team that can not run, and watch teams just Tee off on him.

Greg C. said:
Thompson has made his choices, the team is showing improvement, the season is about to start, and I for one am looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.
let's talk about your credability

what proof do you have this team is improved?

Let's talk about your creditability...

Brandon Jackson - I thought we got him going there in the third quarter. I don't know if he had a whole lot of running room frankly in the first two quarters. I think he showed what he's capable of doing. He has excellent burst and quickness. He is definitely a threat when he gets to the second level. I thought he had some nice runs. I thought he played physical. From what I've seen, I thought he did a pretty good job in the pass protection, so he's a young man that needs to play
Source Link

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey zero,
why do you keep posting that quote from MM when b-jack was playing against a third string defense?

even the sports casters in milwaukee stated on TV how slow B-Jack looked on thurs.

can you not add up the way a guy played against a third string defense and a first string defense.

keep posting about this guys burst, it will come back to haunt you.

you are not thinking with your head, you are thinking with your heart.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey zero,
why do you keep posting that quote from MM when b-jack was playing against a third string defense?

even the sports casters in milwaukee stated on TV how slow B-Jack looked on thurs.

can you not add up the way a guy played against a third string defense and a first string defense.

keep posting about this guys burst, it will come back to haunt you.

you are not thinking with your head, you are thinking with your heart.

It might be concerning if Milwaukee sportscasters had a clue but they don't.

"We've got a very minimal part of the running game going......."

"Right now people know we are running a very vanilla run game. Lb's can just fill, fill, fill, and it makes it very easy to stop." D. Colledge.

He went on to say it will be much different when they put in the counters, bootlegs, and, actually start cut blocking people.

But of course your the run game expert and have determined as a result of all that professional training that the Packers run game sucks. Backed by a a real sportscasters comments.

Of course, the previous week, when the run game was solid, you thought the opposite. You must be a die hard Dylan fan because I find your opinion "blowin' in the wind" an awful lot.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
hey zero,
why do you keep posting that quote from MM

Source Link

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It might be concerning if Milwaukee sportscasters had a clue but they don't.

so tom pipens, who has been a sportscaster in milwaukee for 20 years, and has a half hour show dedicated to nothing but the Packers, and his co-workers, who all watch games from the sidelines, and interview the players on the field after the game have no clue?

sorry pal, but i think you are clueless.
Of course, the previous week, when the run game was solid, you thought the opposite. You must be a die hard Dylan fan because I find your opinion "blowin' in the wind" an awful lot.

yes, i love bob dylan, if you do not think there is a problem in GB with the running game, you are blowing hot air dude.

to the forum spelling champ, please correct my errors, and post them, to prove how smart you really are. and to the guy with that silly sig, stalker count 0, do you know how stupid that looks. who is stalking you? can you say paranoid!

and oh yeah, to that other zero, b-jack = bust!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I owe TT an apology. Packers looked pretty good. Open WR, good running game, attacking defense, special teams. all looked good.

Brandon Jackson, J. Jones, Blackmon all looked like they will be major contributors on the 2007 Packers.
I hope we stay healthy and have a great season

B-jack = bust

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my point is... you are fickle, ridiculous and unfounded in most of your comments... you change from one meaningless preseason game to another. and most of the time its just insulting TT.

and my post supported my view about as well as any post in the world could thank you very much.

MY POINT is if your gonna bash TT and be wrong in mostly everything you say ... at least stick with it from week to week so other people dont think your a complete joke.

and quit trying sarcasm, cause you're not very good at it.

how many more post is this guy gonna be allowed to hijack before he gets blocked.
nevermind dont block him ever... hes hallarious

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
lets see..

the head coach who deasls with the players on day to day..isnt a good source, but yet a SPORTSCASTER who has a show is a better source??

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"We've got a very minimal part of the running game going......."

"Right now people know we are running a very vanilla run game. Lb's can just fill, fill, fill, and it makes it very easy to stop." D. Colledge.

He went on to say it will be much different when they put in the counters, bootlegs, and, actually start cut blocking people.

Here is another reason why pre season means absolutely NOTHING even though it’s football and we can get excited about it because it’s football.

Colledge is saying that and he is right. The Packers aren't calling a lot of plays they'll use and they aren't doing what they will do come Week 1 of the regular season and so forth.

Same goes for the other team. You think Pitt, Seattle, and Jacksonville are showing their stuff on offense and defense? Absolutely not.

So that's why the running game is unknown. Now we've seen to many good things on defense to not have the expectations we do. The running game is a concern but I really can't give a fair analysis on it until 2 or 3 weeks into the regular season. It’s just an unknown and it may make or break this season for the Packers.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lets see..

the head coach who deasls with the players on day to day..isnt a good source, but yet a SPORTSCASTER who has a show is a better source??

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh

you mean let's see, you better watch out , or the forum spelling champ will show you how smart he is. anyway,
*edited* , you might be able to recognize the fact that the coach was saying this about Jackson after he played against a THIRD STRING DEFENSE. AFTER THE JAGS GAME MM SAID NOTHING ABOUT B-JACK.

are you so lost in space that you are unable to tell the difference between a 1st string defense and a third string defense
WAKE UP
NOT ONLY THAT WHEN b-JACK was interviewed, he stated
his teammates told him he could do this(start for the packers), and he needed to sieze the oppurtunity.
talk about lack of confidence. Brandon, do you feel you can carry the load for the Pack?
and guess what else, people do change their mind about a player, it happens. a person can say, man this guy looked good, then decide, you know what, I was wrong. only here, on this forum, do you write sometrhing, and you are never allowed to change your mind.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
lets see..

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh

you mean let's see, you better watch out , or the forum spelling champ will show you how smart he is. anyway,
*edited*, you might be able to recognize the fact that the coach was saying this about Jackson after he played against a THIRD STRING DEFENSE. AFTER THE JAGS GAME MM SAID NOTHING ABOUT B-JACK.

are you so lost in space that you are unable to tell the difference between a 1st string defense and a third string defense
WAKE UP
NOT ONLY THAT WHEN b-JACK was interviewed, he stated
his teammates told him he could do this(start for the packers), and he needed to sieze the oppurtunity.
talk about lack of confidence. Brandon, do you feel you can carry the load for the Pack?
and guess what else, people do change their mind about a player, it happens. a person can say, man this guy looked good, then decide, you know what, I was wrong. only here, on this forum, do you write sometrhing, and you are never allowed to change your mind.

you said AND I QUOTE! "the running game looks great" "brandon jackson will be a major contributor to the 2007 Green Bay Packers" then suddenly next week hes a bust. thats not changing your mind... thats being knee jerk retarded.

Brett went 2-14 or something terrible like that... so im guessing Brett Favre is a bust too now right? no wait he did good in game 2 so hes good again... no wait he threw an interception hes bad again. oops i forgot when Brett throws a pick its Ted Thompsons fault.

your making generalizations from week to week about people when you really have to take the whole body of work in. Knee Jerk Fans Suck.

and i love how you label him a bust after 3 preseason games. you really are a valuable football mind and a great asset to this site.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the first game #4 was 2-7, not 14

are you comparing #4 to b-jack?

knee jerk fans suck, but *edited*

label him a bust because of injuries, he is timid, lack of confidence, and he is slow. b-jack reminds me of Tony Fisher. he will be a decent third down back who can catch some balls out of the backfield.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the first game #4 was 2-7, not 14

are you comparing #4 to b-jack?

knee jerk fans suck, *edited*
label him a bust because of injuries, he is timid, lack of confidence, and he is slow. b-jack reminds me of Tony Fisher. he will be a decent third down back who can catch some balls out of the backfield.

label him a bust because you have no idea what your talking about... its the third preseason game.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What part of the pre season are some people missing here?

MM has said there are certain aspects of the passing game he is looking at and has emphasized this in each of the pre season games when the #1's were in there.

Even football challenged people can watch these games and see the Packers have called very basic run plays out of standard run type formations not looking to fool anybody on the other side of the ball.

Couple that with the fact that two of the three teams we have faced so far finished in the top four in all of football last year against the run. Wouldn't it really be something all of football would be talking about if we DID succeed under those circumstances?

When the regular season begins this will be about winning football games. You are not going to beat a Jacksonville trying to run it down their throats right into the teeth of what they do well.

You do just what we did the other night. Chip away at what works and put more points up then the other guy. That's just what our #1's did. Had this been a real game Jacksonville would have HAD to make adjustments to what we were doing that worked. That's usually when the run game starts to gear up.

How many times did we see 20 yards in the first half only for it to open up in the second half and start rolling for some here to figure out how it works?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk
do you feel there is a problem with the running attack of the 2007 Packers?

Because of the way pre season has transpired there's not enough information to make a call one way or the other.

MM has obviously been working on timing with the QB's and receivers with his #1's and has installed about four basic run plays in games thus far.

In addition to this our offense success hinges on QB recognition at the line and making the right call based on the defense he see's. I don't think we have really done this that much so far. I think when MM calls a run BF hands it off and when he calls a pass he throws it.

There's a big difference in trying to win a football game and trying to get as much out of a game as possible. When MM says he would consider a third down run in the red zone in order to give the kickers more game like situations it gives a hint of the process going on.

Every offense has it's strengths and keys to success. We are a West Coast offense thus will try to throw the ball to set up the run and involve the HB and FB in the short passing game with "run-like" plays getting the backs involved in the passing game.

There's no kidding ourselves that this is going to be the Steelers driven by The Bus with a power run game. Our offensive success will come from the qb recognizing what to call and dictating the tempo of the game.

We're a "take what they give us" offense. Not one that's going to cram the ball down peoples throat with a "you know what we're bringin" physical offense.

Once we start "taking" the defense will start "giving" and it will open up the run game for more success than we have seen thus far.

I see more second half success in the run game when BF is running the guys up and hustling to the line of scrimmage and the defense starts guessing. We've hardly even seen the #1's in the second half yet so it's hardly time to grade them now.

Members online

Latest posts