are you kidding

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to know if anybody thinks TT has made a mistake by not signing a F/a RB or WR? If DD is hurt, and Morency is hurt, we have no experience at the RB, & WR position. If we are under the salary cap, why not get a decent offensive player?

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say no regarding the FA's that were available this past offseason. When you look at the money paid and the age of the players and potential impact I do not fault him for not addressing these needs through FA.

Could he have ensured that a Moss trade happened prior to NE coming into the picture - maybe. Could he have made moves to ensure that he was able to select Lynch - maybe. Should he have upped his offer for Green - no.

So yes there is blame to lay at his feet. However, the roster has yet to be finished he still has the capability to add average veteran depthtalent at both positions following cuts, or through a trade.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I would like to know if anybody thinks TT has made a mistake by not signing a F/a RB or WR? If DD is hurt, and Morency is hurt, we have no experience at the RB, & WR position. If we are under the salary cap, why not get a decent offensive player?

In my opinion, Yes I agree and have said previous that we should have at least one proven veteran at RB. This player may come here in the next two weeks with cutdown, but I share your belief. Mo has proven to be fragile in his career so banking on him is a gamble. After Jackson and Herron, we don't look very strong.... Wynn or White may develop into something but shouldn't be counted on this season, IMO.

Until we know more whether Robinson will be comming back and the showing of Jones in the preseason, WR might be okay at this point. If Driver is going to be out for an extented period, an addition might be a wise idea, but that isn't known at this moment, in my opinion.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Travis Henry would look great in Green and Gold. :p

Right now though there isn't anything out there. I'm so tired of these "*****ing" threads about how we didn't sign anyone. Where was everyone in March and April? I think the only thing the Pack can do is wait to see whats up with Driver. The doctor said he wasn't to concerned where as Morency I didn't hear McCarthy anything on what the doctor said. So for the most part I'm hoping Driver is ok.

Overall though complaining about not signing a guy in March or April is getting old and boring. We know what happen. I am upset about it as well but this is the hand the Pack have been dealt and this is what we got to live with. Complaining about not signing anyone right now it's pretty ridiculous cause nobody is out there when each team has nearly 90 guys on their roster.

Pack93z

Reaction score

That was the one guy in the FA pool at running back that was worth the money he got and would have been a impact add. Amen. Alas he isn't here or didn't get out of Denver to make a visit here.

But I still think that we should add a veteran to the backfield... we need someone to count on in the clutch situations. IMO.

There will be a guy or two worth a year contract cut in the next two weeks... hoping we can land him.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We do not play a real game until 9/9 and we do not know the status of DD at this point.

I do not see anybody stepping in here now, learning the system in a week, and contributing much. If we didn't have enough room for Martin or Holliday than keep them on the roster. They know the playbook and will contribute more now than a new guy could.

Jackson and Herron will carry it until Mo get's back which will probably be close to the first game anyhow.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

That was the one guy in the FA pool at running back that was worth the money he got and would have been a impact add. Amen.

But I still think that we should add a veteran to the backfield... we need someone to count on in the clutch situations. IMO.

There will be a guy or two worth a year contract cut in the next two weeks... hoping we can land him.

LaBrandon Toefield looked pretty good against us last night. I heard "rumblings" that he could be on his way here in a trade or something. I think the Packers would be wise to keep Rodgers and Favre only at QB and then keep a 4th RB. Herron, Jackson, Morency, and add a veteran. Not Corey Dillon because he hasn't played in camp and he just wouldn't fit our offense but someone who gets cut off another team because of the depth. Toefield is my example.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Pack93z said:
porky88 said:

That was the one guy in the FA pool at running back that was worth the money he got and would have been a impact add. Amen.

LaBrandon Toefield looked pretty good against us last night. I heard "rumblings" that he could be on his way here in a trade or something. I think the Packers would be wise to keep Rodgers and Favre only at QB and then keep a 4th RB. Herron, Jackson, Morency, and add a veteran. Not Corey Dillon because he hasn't played in camp and he just wouldn't fit our offense but someone who gets cut off another team because of the depth. Toefield is my example.

A couple of weeks ago... on the Packer yellow board I made the same pick for a player that might be available... teach him a little of the playbook at first and insert him into situations... bonus with him is that he is a pretty good KR man.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
porky88 said:

Manuel and Rayner for Toefield and Wrighster?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I agree with Spardo pretty much..However At the time how many WR did we have not including Koren?? More then a handfull have been there for at least a year..

As far as RB, MAYBE a vet could have been brought in, but I think the main issue is that most of the guys prob didnt fit the type of back the coaches wanted.

In hindsight yes it looks silly now, but at the time it didnt look to be that "big" of an issue..

IF they would have picked up a vet wr or rb, then that would have meant another spot would have been filled..

And what if that "other spot" didnt have a capable back up, if an injury happened to the starter..

Then we would be hearing all about how TT was an idiot for not picking up an extra lb, or dl or what ever

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The situation at HB looks to me like Ted's livin' on a prayer, if I can borrow a line from Mr. Bon Jovi. However, I'm more than comfortable going into the season with the WRs we have. I know it's just training camp and preseason, but it sure looking to me like in Jones and Jennings we have two guys who are both better than #3 WRs, maybe not quite #2 WRs yet, with one likely becoming that #2. Hell, maybe both of 'em finish the year playing like quality #2s and we've got one hell of a 3 WR set.

Then there's that guy...you know, Dolald Driver. Sittin' here, maybe thinking crazy, I'm just thinking about how Reggie Wayne and Brandon Stokely emerged pretty quickly to compliment their superstar Marvin Harrison. Now I know Indy's had good pass catching TEs, and Edgerrin James, but who knows? Maybe Driver/Jennings/Jones could one day rival Indy's old trio's kind of success. Throw in Holiday and Martin who are looking more than capable of contributing, and I'm thinking WR is one area Ted Thompson cannot be faulted.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thank God that when Vince was a Packer there was no such thing as the Internet.

Thank God that when Curly put this team together in that small little room there was no Internet.

Thank God that there are a few people here on this forum who actually do not prejudge T.T. and understand that it is a building process and one can not expect immediate results.

Anything that is worth waiting for is special. A farmer who cultivates a field for many many years will produce the greatest crop. The farmer who just plants will get exactly what he put into the effort.

T.T. is my hero right now. He truly is. While so many people are expecting 150 days of rain, doom and gloom for the Packers. T.T. is not listening, he is not caught up in the doom and gloom, no not at all.... what T.T. is doing is building an Ark

(Genesis 7:1 to 10:32.) Big ole smile for the biblical reference.

T.T. Is "The Noha" of this organization and there are so many people who after 150 days of rain (In football terms.) will wish they got on the boat.

Superbowl 2009. Green Bay Packers.

Trust me I am a prophet.

R.P.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
f DD is hurt, we have no experience WR position. If we are under the salary cap, why not get a decent offensive player?

Source

Green Bay - A relieved Ted Thompson left the distinct impression Friday that wide receiver Donald Driver would be available in 15 days when the Green Bay Packers open the regular season against

Driver, who did not meet with reporters, was wearing a boot to protect his sprained right foot. He was examined by team physician Patrick McKenzie, whose best guess is that Driver will play against the Eagles, according to the general manager.

"That's what we think will probably happen," Thompson said. "You never know, but we feel pretty good right now. We're lucky."

If grandma had balls she would be grandpa

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Trust me I am a prophet.

R.P.

Hmmm....Hey RP, do prophets ever "get it" wrong? :p

Prophet Raider Pride said:
I am so confident that this trade (Randy Moss to Green Bay) will happen that I will go out on the line and say.... If it does not happen you can all take a vote, run a poll, and if you vote that Raider Pride is full of crap, well then I will never post another thing on this forum. Never.

:rotflmao:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Trust me I am a prophet.

R.P.

Hmmm....Hey RP, do prophets ever "get it" wrong? :p

Prophet Raider Pride said:
I am so confident that this trade (Randy Moss to Green Bay) will happen that I will go out on the line and say.... If it does not happen you can all take a vote, run a poll, and if you vote that Raider Pride is full of crap, well then I will never post another thing on this forum. Never.

:rotflmao:

....... :pop:

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
f DD is hurt, we have no experience WR position. If we are under the salary cap, why not get a decent offensive player?

Source

Green Bay - A relieved Ted Thompson left the distinct impression Friday that wide receiver Donald Driver would be available in 15 days when the Green Bay Packers open the regular season against

Driver, who did not meet with reporters, was wearing a boot to protect his sprained right foot. He was examined by team physician Patrick McKenzie, whose best guess is that Driver will play against the Eagles, according to the general manager.

"That's what we think will probably happen," Thompson said. "You never know, but we feel pretty good right now. We're lucky."

If grandma had balls she would be grandpa

"Balls! Balls! Balls!", said the Queen, "IF I had two, I'd be King!"

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Right now though there isn't anything out there. I'm so tired of these "*****ing" threads about how we didn't sign anyone. Where was everyone in March and April? I think the only thing the Pack can do is wait to see whats up with Driver. The doctor said he wasn't to concerned where as Morency I didn't hear McCarthy anything on what the doctor said. So for the most part I'm hoping Driver is ok.

Overall though complaining about not signing a guy in March or April is getting old and boring. We know what happen. I am upset about it as well but this is the hand the Pack have been dealt and this is what we got to live with. Complaining about not signing anyone right now it's pretty ridiculous cause nobody is out there when each team has nearly 90 guys on their roster.

Especially since it makes your boy TT look kind of foolish now!

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Thank God that when Vince was a Packer there was no such thing as the Internet.

Thank God that when Curly put this team together in that small little room there was no Internet.

Thank God that there are a few people here on this forum who actually do not prejudge T.T. and understand that it is a building process and one can not expect immediate results.

Anything that is worth waiting for is special. A farmer who cultivates a field for many many years will produce the greatest crop. The farmer who just plants will get exactly what he put into the effort.

T.T. is my hero right now. He truly is. While so many people are expecting 150 days of rain, doom and gloom for the Packers. T.T. is not listening, he is not caught up in the doom and gloom, no not at all.... what T.T. is doing is building an Ark

(Genesis 7:1 to 10:32.) Big ole smile for the biblical reference.

T.T. Is "The Noha" of this organization and there are so many people who after 150 days of rain (In football terms.) will wish they got on the boat.

Superbowl 2009. Green Bay Packers.

Trust me I am a prophet.

R.P.

There is also the possibility of drought, locusts, and frogs, RP, if you recall your bible.

It seems there is alot of idolatry on this forum where TT is concerned, but in my book, he hasn't proven anything yet. Wins and Losses. That's where it matters.

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves" Matthew 7:15

"Where's your God now, Moses/RP"?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Don't get me wrong, I think Thompson has done some good things, but I just wonder/doubt that his philosophy on building the offense can get the Packer over the top.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

you realize that there are fans in every single NFL team message board who are saying that there GM is foolish/stupid/retarded/inept for not picking up this guy or that guy... and one of those same GMs is gonna win the Super Bowl this year.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Hey watching the Bills/Titans game this morning and a kid has been standing out at RB in the second half... Fred Jackson..

Fred Jackson

Sounds like he might not make the squad with Lynch and Thomas there.. Had a couple of nice runs and displayed a couple of nice moves in the open field on a catch.

Might be worth a look if he comes available.

Here a run against the Saints.. TD run vs Saints.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
TT wont pick up any playmakes on offense. He only wants rookies and defensive players........

Right or wrong, his (Ted) theory is you build a team faster with adding FA to defense and growing your offense from within. It's the method he's used and method that many others feel is the best.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

My "boy" TT. What is up with this type of stuff. It really doesn't contribute to the forum one bit.

For one TT is not my boy. I have criticized him in the past. I have been wrong about some of the moves he made. I have been right on some of the bad moves and good moves he made. That's just the way it works. If a GM can get by on about 40% on his moves then he's probably doing an okay job.

I criticized the James Jones pick. I wanted Randy Moss. I criticized him there. Seems like I might be wrong about James Jones. I was even skeptical about Charles Woodson at first.

IF TT was my boy I probably wouldn't be upset with how the Packers handled free agency. I voted a D in most off season grade polls. The highest I would go is a C because I'll give the benefit of the doubt. I actually didn't like some of the Draft but hey TT is my "boy" so I must've.

Actually all I care about is the Green Bay Packers. If Ted Thompson isn't the right guy for the job then i think he needs to go. However I am willing to give him the fair shot because Bob Harlan hired him and he deserves that shot.

Members online

No members online now.