Anyone else think Tramon Williams looked really good last week?

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon Williams basically shut down DeSean Jackson last week. He looked shaky in the preseason, but looked great last Sunday. Should have had a couple of picks, but hey, he didn't give up too many yards. Boosts my confidence in the secondary a bit. Three cheers for Tramon!

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I would agree Williams looked good and should ease a lot of peoples minds about how he played in the preseason vs the regular season opener also the other guy I liked out there (which some may not agree with) was Sam Sheilds. Yes he did let up a TD and got a bit turned around but one thing about this kid is that he is fast and he can tackle I dont know if you all saw it but he did make some pretty good open field tackles.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing to remember about Shields is he went undrafted and is a very raw natural talent. I have no doubt he will get there, but in he's gonna give up some things in the meantime. One thing I really like about the kid is how he shadows Woodson, asking him to watch film together and just tries to improve. The strong work ethic is promising.

RE: Tramon, I too feel he did exceptionally well. Here's hoping he continues that trend for the remainder of the season.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Might have been something to do with the QB too. Not trying to take anything away from him but Im more of the wait and see on this.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a HUGE Tramon Williams doubter. I NEVER saw anything that made me thing this kid was the future starter. Yes, he got some nice ints, but was beaten at least as much as he made plays.

That being said, he was a MONSTER last game. A MONSTER. He played very well on ST (calling for fair catch and sprinting to the ball to avoid any of his teammates from making contact, NICE PLAY), and he BLANKETED DeSean Jackson, one of the hardest receivers to cover. He even jumped routes 2 times, and almost had an int in each.

Last year, when Al Harris was active, Capers' strategy was to put Harris on the opposing #1, and let Woodson roam free. When Harris went down, Capers tried to do the same with Tramon, but he didn't handle the job, so DC had to put Woodson on the #1.

If Tramon can repeat what he did against the Eagles, Woodson will be allowed to roam free, Capers will be able to utilize the whole playbook as it's supposed to, and I GUARANTEE, WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP THE SAME KIND OF YARDAGE WE GAVE AGAINST PITT, MN AND ARI.

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may agree, but i've seen way more Tramon Messups than good things out of him. Would gladly change my opionion if I seen more better things out of him, but i'm still waiting.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yep, I wanted his head several times, but against Philly he was aggressive and was making plays!!! Here's hoping he has turned the corner and the game is slowing down for him and he's relaxed out there. Less thinking, more just reacting. I'm really hoping we got a true NFL DB out there now.

here's hoping his has a standout year. If so, GB has a GREAT GREAT shot as going deep in the playoffs.

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, I wanted his head several times, but against Philly he was aggressive and was making plays!!! Here's hoping he has turned the corner and the game is slowing down for him and he's relaxed out there. Less thinking, more just reacting. I'm really hoping we got a true NFL DB out there now.

here's hoping his has a standout year. If so, GB has a GREAT GREAT shot as going deep in the playoffs.

It's not his aggresivness, he just gets beats quite a bit on routs. Deffiently those long passes, alot of times he gets left in the dust.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to admit I wasn't feelin this one until the Eagles game where for the first time he really impressed me. Trying to catch D Jackson is like trying to catch the wind at times. I can only hope that was a precedent of what is to come this year and not a one time, best game of his career kind of thing.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he is agressive thats what capers want, the thing is hes a long stride runner and its hard for him to shadow. Hes the fastes runner in the secondary besides shields.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon looked great last week. He seemed much more comfortable in the defense than he did last year. I wouldn't trade for a corner yet. Harris is back in week 6 and our schedule up to then isn't so bad. Take it week to week.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again today, Tramon was solid. Lee Evans didn't have a single catch (though Tramon wasn't on him the whole game).

I'm liking it. We'll see against the speedy Chicago receivers.