Anyone else looking forward to Thurs. night?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Fumbler is only 2 away from the all-time (regular season) record of 161 fumbles in a career, held by Warren Moon. Moon also holds the record for fumble recoveries with 56--all his own. Of the 159 fumbles by Favre, only 40 were recovered, so he already holds the record of 119 giveaways by fumble. Add those to his record 317 interceptions and he is responsible for 436 gifts to the opposition in his 289 regular season games--just over 1.5 turnovers per game. It is amazing that his teams have risen above these turnovers to give him a winning record.

I can't find his playoff fumble record. He has the all time mark of 30 playoff interceptions.

His 9 multiple interception playoff games led to a 1 and 8 record.

What a guy.

he is also going to beat out Elway for the most career sacks this season

Wolvi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope its CM3 that sets the record for sacks on him! It would be great if he gets a peice of his ankle at the same time too:)

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game tonight is going to be SICK! The entire state of Louisiana is just amped. It is going to be a long night for anyone wearing purple.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I pretty much expected this kind of game from Brett, if he could played a little better, they woulda won that game

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

And if the pack wins Sunday the packers will be in the lead for the NFC North.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Viqueens lose. We're off to a good start.
Yup.
Pretty much what I expected from Burnt Fart.
An overated has been.
What a loser.

Drew Brees is a better QB. Didn't throw one INT and took his team down field to score 2 TDs.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And if the pack wins Sunday the packers will be in the lead for the NFC North.
Right, TIED with the Lions or Bears, whoever wins their game in Chicago.

But we NEED to beat Philly.

Seeing the Vikings and Saints defenses bottle up the opposing offenses like that tonight, in a game with no wind, sleet, rain, etc..... it reminds us that even great offenses can be slowed down. And that was despite Jared Allen not causing chaos, and with the Vikings depleted supposedly horrible secondary.

Both secondaries covered better than ours did last year.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The vikings D is nothing to laugh at. I dont think people are giving them enough credit tongiht

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
The vikings D is nothing to laugh at. I dont think people are giving them enough credit tongiht

Yeah, their pass defense makes ours from last year look like lamers and the vikings had what, rookies out there or something!?? WTF!

But, their run defense was about as BAD as it's gets and it cost them the game. The William's Wall was more like the William's 8 lane super highway. Guess that is what happens when you can't get your juice in the off season and you start to look...human.

Pat Williams 2 Tackles
Kevin Willams 1 Assist

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just looked, I'm surprised Peterson had only 19 carries... It seemed like he was tearing it up.

Though, throughout the game I was like man, the Queens play calling seems terrible.. Like Childress was playing for Brent not to get hurt or have to stand in the pocket too long.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't see a great D-Fence coming from the Viqueens.
I did from the Saints though.
At least one sack, the only INT of the game against, guess who, and tons of incompletions from BrINT as well.

The ViQueens, along with Burnt Fail, got owned tonight.
Expect more of the same the rest of the season.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Brunno Favor looked old and tired at the Presser. Like, "WTF am I doing here". Almost felt sorry for the guy...err Traitor...NOT.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
our pass defense last year was so bad because we were working on 1st, 3rd, and like 8th stringers out there with all the injuries to CBs

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brunno Favor looked old and tired at the Presser. Like, "WTF am I doing here". Almost felt sorry for the guy...err Traitor...NOT.
I agree.
I think he looked burnt out and tired.
His morale is down.
That's nobody's choice or fault but his own.
It's gonna be a long 15 weeks for him.
Good. :blackeye:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Like others, I thought the Vikings play calling was poor. I also thought 4 looked fat and slow, although he may work that off in the weeks ahead. I think the Saints could have taken more advantage of that rookie in the secondary. He was burnt repeatedly but Brees missed a couple good ones that would have at least led to TDs. Had Brees connected on those, the score would have been 14 points higher for the Saints. Peterson made a couple of breaks, but got shut down. Pierre Thomas showed us that a punishing inside runner can have his way with the Vikings if he doesn't get scared off after the first couple of stops. Williams was gasping for air by the end of the first half. Thomas kept running at them and they kept getting softer. Bush showed us that trying to run off tackle or around the end, like the Pack does with Grant, isn't going to work.

It's a shame the Packers don't play those guys sooner. Rodgers would tear that rookie apart.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Their favorite excuse? "It was the fault of the referees."

WOW! I feel like a prophet. Guess what Childress is whining about after the loss? "They were mugging our recievers and the referees let them get away with it." :icon_rolleyes:

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Childress looks like a high school science teacher, not a coach. now get back to class chilly!!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't see a great D-Fence coming from the Viqueens.
I did from the Saints though.

? seriously?

Look at the scores from last season. This is a team that put up 38, 48 points a game until late in the season when they shut it down. Holding them to 14 in very impressive. Besides the first drive they pretty much shut down Brees

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's the 2nd str8 year that the Vikings have held Brees in check. In the NFC Champ game, they held him to 17/31 for 197 yards (albeit 3 TDs), and that was one of his least productive games.

This year, he was 27/36 for 237ish and they had safeties playing cornerback. I think the Vikings have a defensive gameplan that works against that system and more teams are going to use it... They win that game if Childress didn't abandon the running game in the third quarter. Really badly coached game from both sides, although I give credit to Payton for going to the running game at the end.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They win that game if Childress didn't abandon the running game in the third quarter. Really badly coached game from both sides, although I give credit to Payton for going to the running game at the end.

So Bretts no completed passes in 3rd q didnt factor in anything?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
? seriously?

Look at the scores from last season. This is a team that put up 38, 48 points a game until late in the season when they shut it down. Holding them to 14 in very impressive. Besides the first drive they pretty much shut down Brees

Actually it seemed Brees was a tad rusty too. Had he connected on two different passes, which he seemed to make regularly last year, the score would have been at least 28. He just overthrew his receiver who clearly had the defense beat.

Members online

Latest posts