Antonio Cromartie

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God I would love a Hawk-for-cromartie trade, but why would SD want Hawk, I know they don't have great ILB's, but he isn't really an upgrade for them. I would trade them a 3rd rounder for sure.

Cromartie is not a proven commodity but has potential, Hawk is durable and a veteran which a new system may suit him better. Both those players have a certain risk factor on how the rest of their careers pan out.

The Chargers are not going to get a star player for Cromartie, a player like Hawk is probably the best they can do. I would rate Hawk's value at a third round pick, so they would be of equal value.

I think a thing that is missed here is that Cromartie is one of few available corners available on the Market, had a new CBA been in place a few more corners would be available and Cromartie would be low on that list getting very little attention. He is only getting the attention because of lack of supply. This has to be factored in.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's talk that if they can't trade Cromartie they might very well cut him.

With his off-field issues and lack of run support, I doubt any team will give them more than a 3rd rounder.

And let's remember, Hawk was a pro bowl alternate. Some teams will still have him high.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's talk that if they can't trade Cromartie they might very well cut him.

With his off-field issues and lack of run support, I doubt any team will give them more than a 3rd rounder.

And let's remember, Hawk was a pro bowl alternate. Some teams will still have him high.

Regardless of Cromartie, I feel it is in the Packers best interest to trade Hawk this season, getting some value for him before we release him next year. We are going to pay a premium price for a player who really does not fit the system with no long term commitment/prospect.

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regardless of Cromartie, I feel it is in the Packers best interest to trade Hawk this season, getting some value for him before we release him next year. We are going to pay a premium price for a player who really does not fit the system with no long term commitment/prospect.

That's what Im saying. Hawk is going to be gone either this year or the next, why not ship him off and get something that we need in return. He can hopefully be motivated by his new team and coaches and turn his career around, if not it's not that big of a loss. It also gives us the need to draft an ILB to replace him and truly see what we can get out of these other guys. Or possibly get Dansby, that would be sweet.

A. Rodgers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the way I see it, I think that it could potentially be a great pickup fo the packers since we DO need someone to at least temporarily step in for Harris. Also, I genuinely think that him being around al and Charles (Charles especially) could show him how being devoted to the game in it's entirity can make you a great player. As I said it would be a good pickup

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cromartie is not a proven commodity but has potential, Hawk is durable and a veteran which a new system may suit him better. Both those players have a certain risk factor on how the rest of their careers pan out.

The Chargers are not going to get a star player for Cromartie, a player like Hawk is probably the best they can do. I would rate Hawk's value at a third round pick, so they would be of equal value.

I think a thing that is missed here is that Cromartie is one of few available corners available on the Market, had a new CBA been in place a few more corners would be available and Cromartie would be low on that list getting very little attention. He is only getting the attention because of lack of supply. This has to be factored in.

The Chargers ran a 3-4 defense this season. Hawk would even change positions or roles for their type of scheme. He'd pretty much be the same player moving from one team to the next.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which is still better than what they have. Their ILB are TERRIBLE at run support (see AFCC game, Vs. Jets).

Which coincidentally is Hawk's greatest asset.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which is still better than what they have. Their ILB are TERRIBLE at run support (see AFCC game, Vs. Jets).

Which coincidentally is Hawk's greatest asset.

Well it all depends on whether they consider ILB as a future need. Their coaches see tons of potential in Brandon Siler so he'll be affixed in that spot for the coming seasons. Stephen Cooper has anchored the ILB spot for years. He's had an off year this season with the new defense but they don't see him going anywhere for the next couple of years, to sum it up he's like their Nick Barnett. Throw in Kevin Burnett who was signed last year from Dallas with plenty of 3-4 experience and the reasons for obtaining Hawk seem quite limited.

A. Rodgers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about moving him to safety?

yea but the safeties need to help in run support also. i mean, with AP in our division (i know he fumbles a lot, but still) our safeties are gonna need to be able to tackle well

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I just got off reading the story about Ladainian getting released and one of the chargers fans wrote in a comment "Like Cromartie trying to tackle someone, I will miss him badly"....OUCH!

Latest posts