Antonio Brown

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree with the notion that just because someone walks away from A LOT of money they are dumb. I think Brown has issues and he may in fact be dumb but I wouldn't consider the money side as proof of that. I know its cliche to say that some things are more important than money to some people but it is true. Maybe Brown has standards.
Based off his actions and what we've learned in regards to what he did, I question those "standards" if he does indeed have any.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I disagree with the notion that just because someone walks away from A LOT of money they are dumb. I think Brown has issues and he may in fact be dumb but I wouldn't consider the money side as proof of that. I know its cliche to say that some things are more important than money to some people but it is true. Maybe Brown has standards.
I agree with you, however, since he is "dumb" for so many other reasons, the money side doesn't even have to be piled in on top of it. ;)

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Considering at every turn AB has let people know that money (specifically guarenteed money) is extremely important to him the fact that he couldn't hold on to about 40 million worth of guarantees between two contracts over the course of two weeks it's pretty safe to classify him as an idiot

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based off his actions and what we've learned in regards to what he did, I question those "standards" if he does indeed have any.
I agree with you, however, since he is "dumb" for so many other reasons, the money side doesn't even have to be piled in on top of it. ;)
Considering at every turn AB has let people know that money (specifically guarenteed money) is extremely important to him the fact that he couldn't hold on to about 40 million worth of guarantees between two contracts over the course of two weeks it's pretty safe to classify him as an idiot

All points well taken and agreed with but my reply was referring to the claim that AB was dumb for walking away from all that money. Brown has issues but the fact that he did give up that guaranteed money suggests to me those issues go way beyond the money. Something in his mind told him that it wasn't the money even though that was what he said earlier. If all he cared about was the money he would have stayed in Oakland. I don't think that makes him an idiot. Its all the other **** he pulled that makes him an idiot.

As far as the "standards" comment goes I was debating adding something to indicate sarcasm. Maybe setting it off from the rest of the post and adding one of Pokers famous :coffee: but I didn't want to make it too easy.

I just don't think that just because someone walks away from a lot of money it automatically make him dumb.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brown is still suing the Pats for the $9m signing bonus. Would be the highest paid game day ever!

TDF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
saints are going for broke and have worked-out antonio brown. yikes!
Good! It should make for an unwanted distraction and possible locker room problem for them. How do you think the guy that just set the single season receptions record will take this?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It's just so unfortunate, because if AB would just pipe down on all of the theatrics and buy in, he'd be exactly what would put the Packers over the top.

Can't do it, though.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
The Saints have $1.3M for the 2019 season according to "Over the Cap" to sign AB for 1 regular season game. Not bad for one week of work.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good! It should make for an unwanted distraction and possible locker room problem for them. How do you think the guy that just set the single season receptions record will take this?

Very true. I wonder if the hits their defense has taken over the last few weeks is a factor in this. Adding to their already potent offense may offset that and if it pays off...no one will care about a few weeks of POSSIBLE nonsense. The reward is well worth the risk in my opinion at this point when you aren't paying him 20mil.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Goodell could still place AB on the commissioners exempt list if the Saints sign him. Since playoff game checks are paid by the league, the Saints would not be on the hook for much more than one regular season check if signed before Sunday.

TDF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if they win a SB...probably very well.
That’s a big if. Chemistry is a huge factor in team sports. If it works it’s a good move, if not they will be hear about it from the media for months. It did work for GB with Rison though

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
As it stands, the league has not finished its investigation into AB and they aren't giving a timetable for when it will be all over. In Schefter's tweet, he reveals that Brown could be suspended for an undetermined amount of time which means even if he's signed, he won't be able to play this season. The Saints are well aware of this and are only bringing him to the facility to explore future options.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As it stands, the league has not finished its investigation into AB and they aren't giving a timetable for when it will be all over. In Schefter's tweet, he reveals that Brown could be suspended for an undetermined amount of time which means even if he's signed, he won't be able to play this season. The Saints are well aware of this and are only bringing him to the facility to explore future options.

Their need may be more immediate. Michael Thomas has injured hand and only has limited practice this week. And none of their other WRs cut the mustard. If MT is less than fully fit, they're likely to be done in first playoff game. They need Brown or at least another semi-competent WR at minimum.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would be insulted and disappointed by this news if I was a Saints Fan, That disappointment wouldn't change whether they do or don't sign him. Just bringing him in for a workout tells me that the Saints organization would sign him despite his past, but will only sign him if he is in shape and the NFL gives them the answer of "he can play this year." I highly doubt this is a move about next season.

Saints are basically sending the message of "we don't care what this POS has done, its all about winning."

I heard one reporter say something to the effect "The Saints in the back of their minds are probably thinking about fan reaction, but don't really care long term, especially if they win a SB."

Just shakes my head at this mentality.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The idea that one would think AB would be able to buy in for a SB run is pretty hilarious.

Let's just say the Saints sign him and then make the SB for sake of argument for a second.

What part of the last 9 months makes anyone think that media week before the SB wont see AB showing up in drag, calling about half the league for not giving him 40 million and talking like hes the lord and savior of a Saints franchise that only made the big game because of him?

Reaction score
Sure thing. Then next, let’s go out and resign KGB to coach him up! :eek:

Last edited:

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AB is a bomb that I would want on our competitor's roster, and not on the Packers. He is the epitome of a locker room cancer. If you watch the celebrations in our locker room after each game, the guys are genuinely happy for each other. Happier than I've seen in a long time. AB would destroy the chemistry this team has taken a year to develop.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think AB has some serious issues he needs to work out. No way I’d bring him in.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's just so unfortunate, because if AB would just pipe down on all of the theatrics and buy in, he'd be exactly what would put the Packers over the top.
The dude appears to have some sort of mental health issue, so I'm not sure he's capable, even if he wanted to.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.