Another smart person made a list of future HOF's

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Check this list out
Which active players are destined for Hall of Fame? - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Bailey is before Woodson, Rodgers is below Vick.

I need some of what that guy is smoking!:boredom:

I agree with the list at first glance. Bailey has been to more pro bowls than any other CB. He has a more consistent career than charles.

Vick? When he is on, he is the best player I have ever seen in my life. He has a much longer career than Rodgers and while he wont go in as of right now, if you were going to compare shots at getting in as of today I think you would be more likely to give that to vick.

Rodgers has only started 3 years, no way he could go in off that no matter how good his numbers.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well.................maybe if he was to win a couple of Superbowls or something..........which probably won't happen as long as he is an iggle.

maybe...but do you guys realize what kind of sh*t storm would erupt if he is even in consideration for the HOF? I understand he did his time, and thats fine, but there are many people that wont ever forgive him (PETA). I just don't see the HOF wanting to take on that kind of baggage. there are plenty of guys that have made the SB or NFL Championships, won it and aren't in the HOF and were much better people than Vick has shown himself to be.

That said, I don't agree with people being down on Vick more than guys like Pacman Jones and Ray Lewis and Rothelsiberger who have been accused of doing something to Humans, but I get the feelings that they have.

OP
OP
rawalabhay

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vick damaged his image a lot, I don't think he has done enough to improve it. Also, yes he has more years than Rodgers but Rodgers has done more in those three years!

Yes he is an exciting player but is Barry Bonds every going to the baseball HOF?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vick damaged his image a lot, I don't think he has done enough to improve it. Also, yes he has more years than Rodgers but Rodgers has done more in those three years!

Yes he is an exciting player but is Barry Bonds every going to the baseball HOF?

Bonds is going to struggle to get in because he is viewed as a roids guy. Totally different deal.

Your sounding like a TD fan trying to argue he belongs in the HOF. No one is saying Rodgers wont have a better career, they are just saying Vick has more years in and its easier to judge where he belongs. I hope to god after 8 years of starting Rodgers is farther along than vick as far as HOF status.

The NFC south changed everything they did to stop vick. He wont be a HOFer but he will be one player people talk about for decades to come.

OP
OP
rawalabhay

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bonds is going to struggle to get in because he is viewed as a roids guy. Totally different deal.

Your sounding like a TD fan trying to argue he belongs in the HOF. No one is saying Rodgers wont have a better career, they are just saying Vick has more years in and its easier to judge where he belongs. I hope to god after 8 years of starting Rodgers is farther along than vick as far as HOF status.

The NFC south changed everything they did to stop vick. He wont be a HOFer but he will be one player people talk about for decades to come.

Yup that is my point Bonds is viewed as a roids guy, Vick is associated with killing dogs and dog fighting! They have both maligned their image and that does matter!

Vick also has not won anything yet and I am just saying how can Vick be that high without winning anything. It has been proven time and again winning matters to get in the HOF (look at Chris Carter).

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is there seriously a debate about Tomlinsons place in the hall? while someone else complains Jerry Kramer isnt in? AHHH too many homers!

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cris Carter is a word I don't use... (pick first one that comes to mind.) should he be in the hall? yeah... (just gagged)

Woodson should get in with 2 or 3 more solid seasons.
Rodgers, should he stay on the same track for 10 years or more and win another SB :) , will get in for sure.
Jennings, should he be Rodgers #1 option for the next 10 years or so and win another SB :) , will be considered (Hall doesnt favor WRs kindly)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This list is twisted. Larry Fitzgerald isn't a lock? Yet Moss, and TO are? C'mon man.

Moss - best WR on the 2 best offenses of all time. 153 career TDs, including an nfl record 23 in one year. 14,858 yards

TO - 153 Career TDs. 7 times 13 or more TDs. 15,934 yards

Fitz - 65 Career TDs. 1 time 13 or more TDs. 8,204

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cris Carter is a word I don't use... (pick first one that comes to mind.) should he be in the hall? yeah... (just gagged)

Woodson should get in with 2 or 3 more solid seasons.
Rodgers, should he stay on the same track for 10 years or more and win another SB :) , will get in for sure.
Jennings, should he be Rodgers #1 option for the next 10 years or so and win another SB :) , will be considered (Hall doesnt favor WRs kindly)

Hall will be kind to Jennings if he plays in 2 more SBs like he played in the last one.

Woodson is nearly in like you said. He had his SB moment even though it wasnt anything on the field, it was him being hurt and the defense struggling when he left that voters will remember.

I would like to see us pass the Bears for most HOFers soon.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Moss - best WR on the 2 best offenses of all time. 153 career TDs, including an nfl record 23 in one year. 14,858 yards

TO - 153 Career TDs. 7 times 13 or more TDs. 15,934 yards

Fitz - 65 Career TDs. 1 time 13 or more TDs. 8,204

I guess I just have more respect for Fitzgerald than either of the other two. But the numbers here definitely show a difference.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I just have more respect for Fitzgerald than either of the other two. But the numbers here definitely show a difference.

if Fitz gets a WR he will have similar numbers when its all finished I bet. And Im with ya on fitz just being a better overall person. Even if he is a vikings fan.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
That list is total garbage, why I don't read yahoo very often.

To see Polamalu over Drew Brees was a bit sad, and as always, it's VERY sad when Peyton Manning is always the number 1 person to make it into the HoF since the media has no other *** to kiss.

As far as Vick making it before Rodgers, that is a dream that will never happen. We got the rings baby, I don't ever see Philly winning a Super Bowl just to be honest with you.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss and Owens are not locks. Moss especially has burned a lot of bridges, and when something like the HOF-- that's a popularity vote-- his behavior could easily come back to haunt him. Remember Hack Wilson? Cinch HOF credentials not in baseball's Hall. Writers of the time hated him.

Skarecrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read this and was looking for some place to vent about it. There is only UP TO 5 modern day players enshrined a year, and alot of great wr's aren't in yet. Moss and Owens a lock? I think not. It is the hall of FAME, not the hall of good players. Very few of those listed will even sniff the hall.

As a great man once said " Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Members online

Latest posts