Aaron Rodgers update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly..what purpose does it serve to say he will be evaluated on Weds just to rule him out onFriday? it's not fooling the other team so what purpose does it serve? I think MM and co. already knows Rodgers won't be back but they are waiting until the last second to rule him out because they don't have to give a report until Friday smh. In the meantime pissing off the fan base is the only thing this is doing.

Patience grasshopper...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

"I want to know who gave out my cell number and who the hell is this rodell that keeps calling me morning, noon and night."

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly..what purpose does it serve to say he will be evaluated on Weds just to rule him out onFriday? it's not fooling the other team so what purpose does it serve? I think MM and co. already knows Rodgers won't be back but they are waiting until the last second to rule him out because they don't have to give a report until Friday smh. In the meantime pissing off the fan base is the only thing this is doing.
I'm not pissed. I think if there are any fans pissed off because he's being evaluated on Wednesdays and the injury report isn't due until Friday then maybe there are some anger issues going on there.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
Then why would they be spending money on weekly evaluations? That just makes no sense.
I think that using a scan machine that they already own to evaluate a $120 million dollar man is chump change. I mean how much could the electricity cost? Even if they made AR sit in a waiting room for emergeny care, it would be cheap relative to the downside of not doing it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As previously posted, they could of at least done a scan of the fractured area. If not healed, why waste the reps. In hindsight, it was clearly wasted reps. AR took reps, AR isn't playing. Wasted reps. What's not to get?
Based on this logic then teams shouldn't be practicing a few days every week during losing streaks.
Because those are just wasted reps. Right?
Rodgers is taking reps to make sure that he is in playing shape for his return, whenever that could be.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im getting tired of the same old song and dance every week. If he is not cleared today Im sure he wont be cleared on Friday either. Cmon Mm just come out and say it. Maybe he will be cleared by September.
Just for the moment, let's suppose that the Packers are hiding something that is part of their strategy.
Do you really want them to be giving away anything that may give the other team the edge just to satisfy your own curiosities?

This is a broken bone that they have to carefully look over every week to make sure that it won't get broken again so quickly or at all.
I dunno why you guys can't understand that this is medical science and sports medicine.
This is not like repairing a flat tire on a bicycle. Sometimes things take time to heal and need to be evaluated every week.

If the Packers are hiding something. I'm fine with that.
If they are waiting for Rodgers to be fully healed before putting him out there, I'm fine with that too.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mr. Bonejangles here is willing to donate his collar bone for a transplant if needed.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Bus Cook

Reaction score
Based on this logic then teams shouldn't be practicing a few days every week during losing streaks.
Because those are just wasted reps. Right?
Rodgers is taking reps to make sure that he is in playing shape for his return, whenever that could be.
The two examples are not even close to being similar. We are fighting for a playoff spot and have a QB (Flynn) who is new to the team and not in full command of the offense. HE needs to win. He stands the best chance of winning, by getting reps. If there were unlimited reps I would agree, but there are not. First team reps are few and far between. Itsa zero sum game. Every rep AR gets is one less for Matty (sorry). If AR isn't cleared to play, what's the point of giving him valuable reps. One more loss by Flynn might mean that we go home and golf. When AR was taking the reps, THE TEAM FULLY KNEW THAT HE WAS NOT CLEARED TO PLAY. Let AR take snaps from tretter and hand off to a B back, with the PS. I hope AR gets all the practice that he needs so that when and if he comes back, he is in game shape. That does not preclude Matty (sorry again) from taking 1st string snaps and AR taking the ball from Tretter. There must be some logic to this, as it is exactly what has happened so far this week.

Bus Cook

Reaction score
If the Packers are hiding something. I'm fine with that.
If they are waiting for Rodgers to be fully healed before putting him out there, I'm fine with that too.

Me too, but don't play your bluff out so far that you sit Matty while MM tries to fool the NFL, which is what they'd be doing by giving him starter reps

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The two examples are not even close to being similar. We are fighting for a playoff spot and have a QB (Flynn) who is new to the team and not in full command of the offense. HE needs to win. He stands the best chance of winning, by getting reps. If there were unlimited reps I would agree, but there are not. First team reps are few and far between. Itsa zero sum game. Every rep AR gets is one less for Matty (sorry). If AR isn't cleared to play, what's the point of giving him valuable reps. One more loss by Flynn might mean that we go home and golf. When AR was taking the reps, THE TEAM FULLY KNEW THAT HE WAS NOT CLEARED TO PLAY. Let AR take snaps from tretter and hand off to a B back, with the PS. I hope AR gets all the practice that he needs so that when and if he comes back, he is in game shape. That does not preclude Matty (sorry again) from taking 1st string snaps and AR taking the ball from Tretter. There must be some logic to this, as it is exactly what has happened so far this week.
OK thank your for the clarification.
I understand your frustration now.

I agree that it would make more sense for AR to be taking reps with others than the 1st team.

Question for you or anyone else who can answer: So the practice squad (PS) is not made up of players who play in games?
Are these guys back ups if needed?
What is the PS for?
Do they ever intermingle with the 1st team in practices?

Narveson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK thank your for the clarification.
I understand your frustration now.

I agree that it would make more sense for AR to be taking reps with others than the 1st team.

Question for you or anyone else who can answer: So the practice squad (PS) is not made up of players who play in games?
Are these guys back ups if needed?
What is the PS for?
Do they ever intermingle with the 1st team in practices?
Report is that Rodgers took only 2nd string reps today while Flynn took 1st string reps so he may have a point now.

Packers_16-0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can Mike McCarthy do all packers fans a favor by just telling us if Aaron will play or not. I get that they don't want him to reinjure himself but I also do get that we need him so we could go to playoffs and then go to the Super Bowl and win it all.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
We can do ourselves one great big favor by assuming that Rodgers will not play ... because this weekly "will he or won't he" thing that we do to ourselves and allow the media to do to us, is not a healthy thing if you're anxious for him to get back.

The thing we need to bear in mind that the Green Bay Packers are a business and have no obligation to NOT manipulate the media if it serves their best interests. :)

I really believe that we need Rodgers to beat Pittsburgh even though they're having the same type of issues that the Pack are. In the last 5 (?) games, #7 has 12 TD's and 1 INT ... that is the kind of hot hand that could negate any perceived home field advantage that the Pack may have.

JacobInFlorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why everyone assumed "evaluated" meant there was a declaration coming on his status for the game. I always took it to mean that the evaluation would see where he was physically as far as pain and range of motion since he hadn't really been evaluated since last friday. I doubt there was a scan on a wednesday when he just had one last thursday. From the radio show, it sounded like there really wasn't a need for a scan this week. I think it's pretty clear at this point Rodgers is not going to get cleared because he's as healed as they'd like but rather because they've decided it's worth the risk.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Practice!? We talkin about practice! Not a game we talkin about practice!

Matt Flynn is the Allen Iverson of the NFL, the man practices like crap but slings it come gametime. He don't need no stinkin practice reps.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Maybe.... Arod is taking some reps to help knock the rust off ? He takes the reps before the doctors give him the weekly "NO" he can't play.... better to be ready if they were to say "yes", right?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not pissed. I think if there are any fans pissed off because he's being evaluated on Wednesdays and the injury report isn't due until Friday then maybe there are some anger issues going on there.

I don't have anger issues bro, impatient at times?? yea maybe so but i'm not an angry person..life is good.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Doing scans every week might be extra radiation on his body?

When I had the clots in my lungs I had 2 or 3 in one week,...Then the following week they didnt want to do another as they told me that was to much.

Not saying it is the same for Rodgers...Or even same scan, just a consideration???

JacobInFlorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doing scans every week might be extra radiation on his body?

When I had the clots in my lungs I had 2 or 3 in one week,...Then the following week they didnt want to do another as they told me that was to much.

Not saying it is the same for Rodgers...Or even same scan, just a consideration???

definitely a factor Rodgers mentioned and Rodgers said they didn't necessarily need to do one as they can project where it's at based on previous one.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really doesn't look like he's going to play this week.. based off of everyone's comment't. Zero reason to give Flynn nearly all of the reps if Rodgers expects to be cleared. And Rodgers himself said that he's got a pretty good idea of what's going to happen. I don't expect him to be out there come Sunday at 3:30

Sucks, because I have tickets to this game lol... Oh well, I'll be there yelling regardless (though there's no telling what exactly I'll be yelling yet)..

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just watched MM talking about Rodgers and seems to me the way he is talking and his mannerisms, it is almost like he expects Rodgers to play on Sunday even though they are game planning for the opposite.

Of course that might just be me and I am certainly not getting my hopes up bases on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.