A positive perspective on last nights ***-hattery...

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When was the last time you guys got done watching a game and couldn't get it out of your head how frustrating it was to blow it. How long has it been since you genuinely EXPECTED to win, felt you had the better talent, and that the game was your team's to lose? I'll be honest, guys. It's been a while for me. But last night, I was beyond aggravated because we should have won and we are better than they are.

I guess my point is a bit tenuous... what I'm really trying to say is we've been this young, mistake prone team the last few years. I go into every game a true skeptic. While last night would likely do nothing to squelch that skepticism, it actually did the opposite. We shot ourselves in the foot. We beat ourselves. And THAT is completely correctable. The Bears didn't beat us so much as they took advantage of the SEVERAL mistakes we made.

I think we'll come back next week playing possessed. I think they clearly have a little more confidence in the run game, but I also think they're gonna realize that they got scared in the second half where they should have taken charge and played to win and not to "not lose".

It's encouraging. You gotta figure we'd lose sometime this year. And now we did. And now we get to see what we're made of. These guys aren't stupid. They know what they did. They know they let it go. And they'll be hungry next week. Mark my words. :pop:

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good post. i have to agree with you last nights game didnt show our teams true colors, we didn't lose because they are a better team than us, it was because we didn't play like we did all season long in the 2nd half.
i guess it was just one of those days...

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When was the last time you guys got done watching a game and couldn't get it out of your head how frustrating it was to blow it. How long has it been since you genuinely EXPECTED to win, felt you had the better talent, and that the game was your team's to lose? I'll be honest, guys. It's been a while for me. But last night, I was beyond aggravated because we should have won and we are better than they are.

I guess my point is a bit tenuous... what I'm really trying to say is we've been this young, mistake prone team the last few years. I go into every game a true skeptic. While last night would likely do nothing to squelch that skepticism, it actually did the opposite. We shot ourselves in the foot. We beat ourselves. And THAT is completely correctable. The Bears didn't beat us so much as they took advantage of the SEVERAL mistakes we made.

I think we'll come back next week playing possessed. I think they clearly have a little more confidence in the run game, but I also think they're gonna realize that they got scared in the second half where they should have taken charge and played to win and not to "not lose".

It's encouraging. You gotta figure we'd lose sometime this year. And now we did. And now we get to see what we're made of. These guys aren't stupid. They know what they did. They know they let it go. And they'll be hungry next week. Mark my words. :pop:

that is pretty much verbatim what I said when talking to my dad on the phone last night and my brother this morning. We're a better team than the Bears. I feel ****** about how we played, but i feel great about our team.

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully this loss also takes away that air of arogance that undefeated teams can get. What I mean by that is like going into games expecting to win and playing half assed. Hopefully they dont just go into next game completely determined but the rest of the games like that.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully, the closer we get to playoff time, the closer these boys get to playing at 100% of their potential ability. They haven't come close in 5 games, but they're still somehow 4-1. They could be an elite, dominant team if they'd all play and execute as well as they are able to.

Reaction score
I agree with boss, I was a bit skeptical about whether or not we could compete with the class of the NFC (whoever that may be).

Even though we loss, I came out knowing we can go toe to toe for 4 full quarters with the best our conference has to offer.

I'm just worried about Gregorious. Darn his tender hamstring. *shakes fist*