49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Missing me yet?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Kaeperpick wont make it through the entire season.......that forrest gumping running fool will get knocked out, bank on that.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
oh, btw 5x49er, why come on a Packers forum and start crap? You wont see us on your boards/forums talking trash.......you just set yourself up for a hard time. So....dish it and take it.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

no

Jeepers that's a response i didn't expect! :roflmao:

Embrace the suck.

Pick a winner, here's what you could have had.:p

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score

no

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA Want some ice for that burrrrrnnn. LOL I dont usually like to congrats opposing teams fans on here but that was pretty good.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mind 5x49er coming on here and saying that he's looking forward to Week 1. I think that we all are. I'm not that sensitive over the losses that San Fran handed to our team. It charges me up - which is ridiculous since I'm not playing in the game! I think that it's a great renewal of a rivalry that started back in the 1990s and has its roots in the Bill Walsh family tree.

I want to see how well our defense handles their QB this season. I want to see if our offense advances. I can't wait for Week 1 either. Bring it on!

OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh, btw 5x49er, why come on a Packers forum and start crap? You wont see us on your boards/forums talking trash.......you just set yourself up for a hard time. So....dish it and take it.

I cant wait?
when did impatience become smack talk?

OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeepers that's a response i didn't expect! :roflmao:

As long as it does'nt come at the expense of the 49ers
I hope AR win tons of super bowls
been a huge AR fan since his days at Cal
I was born in berkely, i bleed blue, go Bears....

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to say it but i think they are the most complete team in football. It's hard to talk smack to a team who embarassed us twice last year.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
All joking aside they are are a good team, there are others i dislike more than them. Harbaugh is a classy guy however, i find some of their fanbase to be utterly fickle and irritating.

OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to be realistic and admit that I am worried about the Packers. They will be gunning for us this season after we dismantled them twice last season. You still have Aaron Rodgers as QB and he will always keep you in games. No two seasons are alike, so for people to say the result will be the same as last year is just plain silly. So many things change...Kaep can slump/kaep can be even better/49ers defense falls off/injuries/Packers get better/Packers D gets better. Just because they didn't do much to bolster their defense this year, it still can get better. Crazy sh*t happens in the NFL all the time.

OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My biggest concern will be Eric Reid starting at free safety. He will have some growing pains, and unfortunately he will playing 2 top offenses the first 2 weeks.
Wk1-GB
Wk-2 @Sea

OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither Can I. I'll be there.
Neither can i. Its also going to be our last opening game in that DUMP called Candlestic.:tup:

The cost this is the best a billion dollars can get you in Northern California.
Realcaliforniacheese you will enjoy the new SC stadium a trillion times more

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
All joking aside they are are a good team, there are others i dislike more than them. Harbaugh is a classy guy however, i find some of their fanbase to be utterly fickle and irritating.
Yeah, I am seeing it first hand here in SO Cal. Haven't seen any 9'ers paraphernalia for almost 20 years. Now its popping up all over the place. Kinda like the Steelers stuff a few years ago. Raiders stuff has always been big here with the gang banger types. But the quiche eating, wine sippers down here are bandwagon types.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
... Just because they didn't do much to bolster their defense this year, it still can get better. Crazy sh*t happens in the NFL all the time.

They actually did quite a bit to bolster the defense. Not big name FA signings, but smaller stuff that you probably wouldn't know about unless you actively follow the team. for example:

1. Erik Walden. You know him as the DE that was chasing the wrong 49er as Kaep ran behind him on his way to a TD. Yeah, him. Career backup that we were starting due to injuries in front of him. He's gone-- which is an upgrade by itself. Some idiot in Indy signed him to a $4M per year contract in FA. Wow. Whatever. Which leads up to #2:

2. Datone Jones. Rookie 1st round DE selection. He is green, but could start on day one and be an immediate upgrade over the guy listed in #1.

3. Johnny Jolly. Ok, long shot here. After four years in prison after a bit of purple drank possession, Johnny has a shot to make the team again. He was good before his transgression. Can he come back? ::shrug:: If he does, he could help add a big talented body in the front 3 (Packers play 3-4) as a DT.

4. Desmond Bishop. ILB. He was injured early last season and put on IR. Our best and toughest hitting LB on the team. He's back.

5. Nick Perry. OLB opposite Clay Matthews. Our 1st round selection a year ago. He was injured and on IR. His backups were not very good. But, he is back from wrist surgery and should be 100%.

6. Charles Woodson. As much as I love this guy, he was a liability at the end of the season. It hurts to say it, but having him gone will be an upgrade. Safety is not our strength area, but the youngster there now is better than a slow and aging Woodson.

7. And lastly, Dom Capers- Defensive Coordinator. I just will not believe that Capers will have the unit as unprepared for the SF Offense scheme as they were last year. It was frustrating to see the defense trying to guess where the ball was while leaving Kaep untouched, rather than smacking BOTH the QB and RB and determining who had the ball later. IMO, Kaep will start getting hit every single time he runs that read option. As long as he looks like a RB, defenders need to plant him on the ground.

8. And lastly lastly, our Offensive unit will be better, IMO, with a real RB threat (Franklin, Lacy combo?). This should keep our offense on the field, and our defensive guys resting on the sidelines. I don't recall, but I think SF owned the possession clock for both games last season. Plus, it should slow down the pass rush a second or two.

So, do we have four Pro-Bowler-potential on our defense like SF had last year? No. But, will the defense be better? I am guessing "yes". Much better. Offense, too (despite losing Jennings).

Doesn't mean I am homer enough to say we are going 16-0. In fact, I already have Game #1 penciled in as a loss.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah, I am seeing it first hand here in SO Cal. Haven't seen any 9'ers paraphernalia for almost 20 years. Now its popping up all over the place. Kinda like the Steelers stuff a few years ago. Raiders stuff has always been big here with the gang banger types. But the quiche eating, wine sippers down here are bandwagon types.

Fair play to them at least the Raiders fans are sticking with their team, you have confirmed what i have always thought. Although not all of them are flaky, i've always had the impression that alot of them were. Nothing i cant stand more than the poser type bandwagon jumpers. :mad:

OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How's the parking/tailgating situation at Candlesitck? See photo below for the tailgate I threw in San Diego. May be time for Lambeau west part deux.

The parking is crazy at candlestick. You will spend HOURS in your car trying to exit after the game.
its one way in and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.