2023 Wildcard game at Dallas

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greetings Packers fans. I look forward to our matchup in a few days. It should be a good one. I think you guys have a very solid team. I think Lafleur is a really good head coach.

The player I am the most worried about is Aaron Jones, by far.

The Cowboys are a team designed to score first, and then line up our four best pass rushers while the other team tries to play catch-up. The Cowboys are difficult to beat when a team is down by a couple scores and they have to try to throw the ball against Micah, Lawrence, Fowler and Armstrong. Those guys just get to the QB.

However, Dallas has problems when the opposition comes out swinging, scores first, and then runs the ball down our throats. That’s exactly what Buffalo did to beat us. That’s one of the reasons why the 49ers own us.

I really like Dallas’ chances if they score a couple TDs early and don’t let Jones go crazy. But if that doesn’t happen, it might be an uncomfortable game in Arlington.

Here’s hoping for a good game with no injuries!
Well isn't this interesting. A visitor from outside our universe. Not something you see everyday. Certainly a first for me.

Appreciate your comments and win or lose I think we all agree a game without any serious injuries would be a welcome change from how things have been.

Reaction score
I also look at like opponents.

We went to Ford Field late November.. No Wicks, No Aaron Jones, No J’aire and we beat Detroit 29-22.
A month later Detroit went to Dallas and went toe to toe. Detroit beat Dallas in total yards, yards per play, yards rushing .. I watched the entire game and Detroit won. Dallas got out lucky with a technicality, but it was 21-20 Detroit with :23 seconds gameclock to kickoff and no TO, until the refs got stupid. Detroit did such a good job causing confusion on Eligible OL that they literally confused the Refs. Ended 19-20

GB needs to bring their A game. If our Defense slows down Dak reasonable?, The Packers should be near full health on Offense. Musgrave barely played Sunday, if he picks up where he left off we have an arsenal.
Musgrave, Kraft, Jones, Reed, Wicks, Melton, Heath and possibly Watson, Doubs or Dillon.

We are 9-8, but playing 11-6 ball. We play good historically at Dallas, for whatever reason idk. We also have the personnel to go into Dallas. We are an underdog that better not be underestimated with the hottest QB in the league over the last 8 weeks. 18TD 1 INT

Now I don’t know if he stays hot, but Jordan is on an absolute tear right now.

Last edited:

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also look at like opponents.

We went to Ford Field late November.. No Wicks, No Aaron Jones, No J’aire and we beat Detroit 29-22.
A month later Detroit went to Dallas and went toe to toe. Detroit beat Dallas in total yards, yards per play, yards rushing .. I watched the entire game and Detroit won. Dallas got out lucky with a technicality, but it was 21-20 Detroit with :23 seconds gameclock to kickoff and no TO, until the refs got stupid. Detroit did such a good job causing confusion on Eligible OL that they literally confused the Refs. Ended 19-20

GB needs to bring their A game. If our Defense slows down Dak reasonable?, The Packers should be near full health on Offense. Musgrave barely played Sunday, if he picks up where he left off we have an arsenal.
Musgrave, Kraft, Jones, Reed, Wicks, Melton, Heath and possibly Watson, Doubs or Dillon.

We are 9-8, but playing 11-6 ball. We play good historically at Dallas, for whatever reason idk. We also have the personnel to go into Dallas. We are an underdog that better not be underestimated with the hottest QB in the league over the last 8 weeks. 18TD 1 INT

Now I don’t know if he stays hot, but Jordan is on an absolute tear right now.
That's a good way look at it, same opponent for Det/GB.
From my POV packers seem to be hitting their stride on both sides of ball at just the right time.

Reaction score
That's a good way look at it, same opponent for Det/GB.
From my POV packers seem to be hitting their stride on both sides of ball at just the right time.
Exactly. Also relatively healthy. If we get Watson and either Dillon or Doubs back, we’re going to be fully stocked on Offense. If we can beat Detroit on the Road? Imo we can beat Dallas on the Road. Detroit is a very sound football team this season. That wasn’t the usual Detroit team we beat in November. Dan Campbell looked frustrated playing the Packers as I think teams continue to underestimate us. He had that look like he realized we weren’t who he thought we were.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greetings Packers fans. I look forward to our matchup in a few days. It should be a good one. I think you guys have a very solid team. I think Lafleur is a really good head coach.

The player I am the most worried about is Aaron Jones, by far.

The Cowboys are a team designed to score first, and then line up our four best pass rushers while the other team tries to play catch-up. The Cowboys are difficult to beat when a team is down by a couple scores and they have to try to throw the ball against Micah, Lawrence, Fowler and Armstrong. Those guys just get to the QB.

However, Dallas has problems when the opposition comes out swinging, scores first, and then runs the ball down our throats. That’s exactly what Buffalo did to beat us. That’s one of the reasons why the 49ers own us.

I really like Dallas’ chances if they score a couple TDs early and don’t let Jones go crazy. But if that doesn’t happen, it might be an uncomfortable game in Arlington.

Here’s hoping for a good game with no injuries!
I like your game plan for us and agree it is important for us to start off strong. But I think to keep the pedal to the metal; we need to keep mixing it up. Run and pass.

Reaction score
Cowboys Defense
#5 scoring (18.6 allowed)
#5 yards (299 per)
#13 Sacks (Tied 2.7 per)
#8 INT (tied 1.0 per)
#5 Passing (187 yards per)
#10 (tied) Pass TD
#17 Rushing per
#20 Redzone TD
#18 4th Down%
#14 3rd Down%
Packers Defense
#10 scoring (20.5 allowed)
#17 yards (335 per)
#16 Sacks (Tied 2.6 per)
#31 INT (tied 0.4 per)
#9 Passing (207 per)
#10 (tied) Pass TD
#28 Rushing per (128 yards)
#9 Redzone TD %
#8 4th Down %
#25 3rd down%

Last edited:

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. Also relatively healthy. If we get Watson and either Dillon or Doubs back, we’re going to be fully stocked on Offense. If we can beat Detroit on the Road? Imo we can beat Dallas on the Road. Detroit is a very sound football team this season. That wasn’t the usual Detroit team we beat in November. Dan Campbell looked frustrated playing the Packers as I think teams continue to underestimate us. He had that look like he realized we weren’t who he thought we were.
I feel we can get by dallas, at least I hope we do because I really want to get to the 49rs and derail them like they did to us a few years back with that blocked punt.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want the ball first.
Normally I would prefer to defer if we win the toss but this time around I agree with you. As our new cowboys fan friend pointed out Dallas plays their best when getting out to an early lead. A nice 65 yard drive (Nixon returns it from 3 yards deep to the 35)with Love going 5/5 and Jones getting 6 touches for 25 yards and an 8 yard TD scamper and carlson nailing the extra point for a quick and efficient 7 point lead would be great.

Fantasy I know but Carlson COULD make the extra point.

Then again our STs tackling their returner at the 12 followed by Clark stuffing Pollard for a 3 yard loss, a sack by Gary and a pick 6 by Jaire with Carlson nailing the extra point to give us a quick and efficient 7 point lead would be great too.

Another Fantasy I know but...

Just thought of a third fantasy. Why not both for a 14 point lead.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching Get Up this morning, and Dan Orlovsky commented that the Packers do a lot of motion and play action. He then said that those two things give the Cowboys defense a lot of trouble. This could get interesting.

ClutchLove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean can you imagine playing against MM in essentially MLF's season without the "he relied on Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams" crap....

I mean seriously it couldn't have been a better match up here lol

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we can slow Dallas offence, so it's imperative that our O keeps things tight. Prioritize getting lanes open for Jones and get the TEs into play more.

Big part of this game is the mental pressure...and as long as we don't fall behind 2 scores in 1Q, we'll have a good game.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sunday 3:30 LFT
vs old coach Mike McCarthy.
I expect CeeDee Lamb to eat Valentine alive. They saw where Chicago lined up vs the Packers zone.
Lamb lit up a lot of teams this season. And Dak did a good job of finding him. Similar to Jefferson. He will get his yards. We have to try and stop the others. Prescott had a good game against the Capers defense in that playoff game years back. We have to try and put up points against a very good defense. The teams that have beaten the Boys forced turnovers. Not easy.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we can slow Dallas offence, so it's imperative that our O keeps things tight. Prioritize getting lanes open for Jones and get the TEs into play more.

Big part of this game is the mental pressure...and as long as we don't fall behind 2 scores in 1Q, we'll have a good game.
Like the famous 34-31 game winner by Crosby. About the only way you can win a game like this. Instead of Elliot they have Pollard. Instead of Dez Bryant they have Cee Dee. And Aubrey is even better than Bailey.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a good game to get the mistakes out of the way. Now they know what they have to clean up. There were still wrs wide open yesterday..good thing fields is terrible.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a good game to get the mistakes out of the way. Now they know what they have to clean up. There were still wrs wide open yesterday..good thing fields is terrible.
But surprisingly they stopped Fields from putting up the rushing yards. That is a must when you play him.