2023 UDFA Tracker

D

Deleted member 6794

Salty fans. Much like the Packers fans who hated Favre for choosing to go to the Vikings after the Packers traded him to the Jets and less than a year later, the Jets released him from his contract.

Favre forced his release from the Jets by retiring once again to have a chance to sign with the Vikings. It's strange that you defend him for doing that while being salty about Rodgers saying some stuff you didn't like on a podcast.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Favre went to Minnesota just to spite Green Bay after telling management he was retiring and not coming back. I don't resent him for changing his mind, but I still resent that knucklehead for going to the Vikings.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Favre went to Minnesota just to spite Green Bay after telling management he was retiring and not coming back. I don't resent him for changing his mind, but I still resent that knucklehead for going to the Vikings.
Do you think Aaron Rodgers would play for the Vikings, Lions or Bears, if given the opportunity?
Favre was the ultra competitor, as is Rodgers, I know how I would answer the question.

Reaction score
Then he did the whole

“Pants on the Ground Pants on the Ground and he was lookin’ like fool with pants on the ground”
It was a very fitting chant for Favrey, kinda represented his ability to act a pfool. :tup:

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Kenneth Odumegwu, the player we were awarded through the International Player Pathway program from Nigeria is 6'5", 266 lbs., ran a 4.8 40. Another EDGE guy added to the room. He doesn't count toward the 90 man roster, so one extra body for camp.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kenneth Odumegwu, the player we were awarded through the International Player Pathway program from Nigeria is 6'5", 266 lbs., ran a 4.8 40. Another EDGE guy added to the room. He doesn't count toward the 90 man roster, so one extra body for camp.
Definitely has the right size. 33.5" vertical would've tied-14th at the combine for Edge Rushers. Will be interesting to see if he progresses with NFL coaching & being in the same room with Gary, Smith, Enagbare, Van Ness & Cox(?).

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Definitely has the right size. 33.5" vertical would've tied-14th at the combine for Edge Rushers. Will be interesting to see if he progresses with NFL coaching & being in the same room with Gary, Smith, Enagbare, Van Ness & Cox(?).
Long shot, but I hope the best for him. Time and again, the NFL has seen very athletic guys, with very little high level football experience try to make it and they don't.

Not sure how many here remember a guy named Moritz Böhringer. He was a WR from Germany that the Vikings drafted in the 6th round of the 2016 draft. The media was all excited at his size, athleticism and what he had done playing in the German Football League. He didn't make the roster. Then in 2018, he was signed by the Bengals as part of the IPP program as a TE this time. Same results.

Really cool program and some players have broken through and become productive players in the NFL, I hope Kenneth Odumegwu becomes one of them .

D

Deleted member 6794

As far as I know Odumegwu has never played a game of organized football. Therefore he's an extreme longshot to make the team, definitely don't expect it to happen.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Might be some truth to that but Minihaha had a really good team. W/O the Favre patented interception against New Orleans; they could have gone to the superbowl. So he had a chance to play with a contender.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Might be some truth to that but Minihaha had a really good team. W/O the Favre patented interception against New Orleans; they could have gone to the superbowl. So he had a chance to play with a contender.
Not sure why people were angry or surprised that Favre ended up with the Vikings. Ultra competitor, that wanted to beat his old team and get to another Super Bowl. Wouldn't shock me or irritate me one bit, if Rodgers somehow took the same path.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The pressures Cox exhibited in his time at Georgia and Florida is honestly just hard to believe given he wasn't a high RAS type guy...not bad, but this man seriously moves lineman and pressures QBs at an insane level. Not sure I've prayed harder for a young man to keep his head clear and straight....everyone knows how high I was on Enagbare (was a Day 1 borderline guy for me early that cycle) and I strongly think Cox could leap frog Enagbare by season's end on chart...if not mid way.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
The pressures Cox exhibited in his time at Georgia and Florida is honestly just hard to believe given he wasn't a high RAS type guy...not bad, but this man seriously moves lineman and pressures QBs at an insane level. Not sure I've prayed harder for a young man to keep his head clear and straight....everyone knows how high I was on Enagbare (was a Day 1 borderline guy for me early that cycle) and I strongly think Cox could leap frog Enagbare by season's end on chart...if not mid way.
Yeah, he was dismissed from both Georgia and Florida. Dudes gotta have some head issues. I did read that he is ready to move on and just focus on football. I'm skeptical that he will have the ability to get out of his own way. Generally, people don't just wake up and be a different person. It would be an awesome land and good story if it works out.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Generally that is very very true, however when it does click there are some awesome stories which come out of it. Fingers crossed we get one such story...

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Agree.

When I watched "the tape" on this guy, I was floored. He might have been a first round guy, had he not had the 2 distractions. I knew nothing about him, until the Packers snagged him. IF he has learned by his 2 strikes and able to put that crap behind, there is no doubt in my mind that we will see him become a dominant player in the NFL in a year or two.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree.

When I watched "the tape" on this guy, I was floored. He might have been a first round guy, had he not had the 2 distractions. I knew nothing about him, until the Packers snagged him. IF he has learned by his 2 strikes and able to put that crap behind, there is no doubt in my mind that we will see him become a dominant player in the NFL in a year or two.

Even with his character RED FLAG I had a 5th round grade on him. Honestly, had we heard him slide into late day 2 from some team taking a massive gamble head wise I'd have understood. Yes, I believe there is that caliber player in him physically....dude is a his ONLY hurdle.

D

Deleted member 6794

The pressures Cox exhibited in his time at Georgia and Florida is honestly just hard to believe given he wasn't a high RAS type guy...not bad, but this man seriously moves lineman and pressures QBs at an insane level.

According to PFF Cox was a decent pass rusher for most of his college career but didn't pressure quarterbacks all that much compared to other edge rushers.

Krabs

Reaction score
Another "Deuce" signed. EDGE Keshawn Banks. Haven't found a lot on him, but he looks like he got shot out of a cannon on this play.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I was digging into our UDFAs a bit and found this on Banks. To me, he looks the best bet to make the roster.

"Played defensive end with Aztecs. … Four-year starter. … Named All-Mountain West four times (second team in 2019 and ’21, honorable mention in 2020 and ’22). … Had 40 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks in 2022. … Finished with 42 TFL and 13 sacks in games he started. … Dane Brugler of The Athletic listed him as the 56th-best edge rusher in the draft. "

I know Cox is listed higher and on paper probably has more potential. As discussed already, he's a head case.

Chuc Filiaga was 3rd team All-Big Ten. At 6'6" and 341 lbs, I think he could make the practice squad. He's a mountain of a man. Maybe push for a backup on the 53 in the future.

Heath might have a shot as well. He was 3rd team All-SEC 3rd team as well. He's 6'2" and 213 lbs. He's pretty much right in the wheelhouse for size in at the WR position. Another good candidate for a practice squad guy. He's not overly fast, but I guess he has really good hands and led Ole Miss in receiving.

Those are the guys I like. The rest of the guys are kind of meh. A team needs those guys too. Not everyone is going to be an all star. Gotta fill up the roster.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
For some added insight on the Packers UDFA's, this was a relative decent podcast to listen to by Jon Meerdink.

Krabs

Reaction score
For some added insight on the Packers UDFA's, this was a relative decent podcast to listen to by Jon Meerdink.

Thanks, pretty solid breakdown. As expected, he too doesn't think many of them have a change.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to PFF Cox was a decent pass rusher for most of his college career but didn't pressure quarterbacks all that much compared to other edge rushers.

Breakdown his pressures per snap - he was one of the most disruptive in hurries and such that year in Georgia. Again, Cox is just as likely to not get himself in check and never be on an active roster as he is to be a starter within three years IMO. He truly is the definition of a mental coin flip.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Breakdown his pressures per snap - he was one of the most disruptive in hurries and such that year in Georgia. Again, Cox is just as likely to not get himself in check and never be on an active roster as he is to be a starter within three years IMO. He truly is the definition of a mental coin flip.
I see him as ALL upside and very little downsize. No draft pick invested in him, probably minimal money. If he can make it through training camp and preseason, with a good work ethic and a changed attitude, this guy could surprise a ton of people. He excelled at run defense, which the Packers need and has all the tools to become a good pass rusher. Anyone that hasn't watched film on him, will understand why some of us are excited about him.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean just look at the playing time he got EARLY in Georgia…now look at that Georgia roster….that alone screams hold up….

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't we have several Georgia players from his time there that know him and also know what it takes to be a pro? Hopefully if he's all that, they can help him grow up. In Walker's case after he grows up.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Don't we have several Georgia players from his time there that know him and also know what it takes to be a pro? Hopefully if he's all that, they can help him grow up. In Walker's case after he grows up.
I was thinking the same and never checked until now.

Stokes and Walker were both Freshman in 2018, as was Cox. Wyatt was a sophomore. So yes, those 3 Packers were teammates of Cox's for his 1 year at Georgia. Now the question is, did they all get along in a good way or a...non-productive way? Cox was booted for a marijuana arrest and reported as "being a bad apple" in the locker room.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts