2023 game 14 vs Tampa: Bay of pigs edition

dziga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
7 of 10 on 3rd downs for Tampa and many of them have been either 3rd and long or a huge play on 3rd down

Baker Mayfield with a pretty much perfect rating

Yuck

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, that sour look on MLF's face on the sideline. Looks like he has indigestion from all the lunches Barry has been buying him.

dziga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So absolutely fitting that they go for it on 4th and easily get it

Yes, rub it in Joe Barry's face. Go for the TD, Tampa

Reaction score
I really don’t think we can do any worse on Defense.

The Packers have given up 65 yards more than Chargers gave up to the Raiders. But we’re not done

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Raiders had 378 yards of offense against the chargers and won 63-21. That ended up getting both the chargers HC and GM fired the very next day.

We just gave up 452 yards of offense to the Bucs. Think a single thing will change?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Raiders had 378 yards of offense against the chargers and won 63-21. That ended up getting both the chargers HC and GM fired the very next day.

We just gave up 452 yards of offense to the Bucs. Think a single thing will change?
Nope. MLF has already said he prioritizes "continuity" in coaches rather than performance. Making Baker Mayfield look like a HOF the logical result of that kind of thinking. Lots of blame to go around includes Gute. How in the world do you go into an NFL game starting a 7th round pick and an UDFA as your cb's? Recipe for disaster.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ah, what's an extra 74 yards between friends.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope. MLF has already said he prioritizes "continuity" in coaches rather than performance. Making Baker Mayfield look like a HOF the logical result of that kind of thinking. Lots of blame to go around includes Gute. How in the world do you go into an NFL game starting a 7th round pick and an UDFA as your cb's? Recipe for disaster.
Ive said it before but I’ve long felt like this team would always rather err on the side of sticking with “the devil you know”. They’d look at the 31st-ranked rush defense and instead of thinking “someone else could probably do better than 31st with this roster” they’ll tell themselves “but the replacement could have us end up with the 32nd-ranked rush defense”

Catamount1971

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive said it before but I’ve long felt like this team would always rather err on the side of sticking with “the devil you know”. They’d look at the 31st-ranked rush defense and instead of thinking “someone else could probably do better than 31st with this roster” they’ll tell themselves “but the replacement could have us end up with the 32nd-ranked rush defense”
Why not hire a competent DC? If we end up with a 32nd ranked rush defense, then you fire the GM for not doing his job.

Reaction score
I guess we threw the towel in by selling off Rasul and holding out J’aire to the point of exhaustion.
Its almost like we tried to lose.

Winning this was key if we were going anywhere. I’d be totally ok if we lose 1-2 more of the last 3 games. I’m thinking draft pick and a 7-10 record should get us in that top 8-14 range in each round (if I’m not mistaken?) That and the Jets are stinking us up some serious draft firepower.
I pray Savage doesn’t get signed for a $1 dollar over 3-$4mil annual. I’m not a fan but with all our needs if he’d take a cheaper 2-year 7.5mil type deal, he’d allow us to focus on other positions.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess we threw the towel in by selling off Rasul and holding out J’aire to the point of exhaustion.
Its almost like we tried to lose.

Winning this was key if we were going anywhere. I’d be totally ok if we lose 1-2 more of the last 3 games. I’m thinking draft pick and a 7-10 record should get us in that top 8-14 range in each round (if I’m not mistaken?) That and the Jets are stinking us up some serious draft firepower.
I pray Savage doesn’t get signed for a $1 dollar over 3-$4mil annual. I’m not a fan but with all our needs if he’d take a cheaper 2-year 7.5mil type deal, he’d allow us to focus on other positions.
You are correct. Right now GB should continue to play hard and try to make the playoffs for the experience of the youth on this team. However, they will get smoked again defensively in the playoffs no matter who they play.

A top draft pick will be good if it's used the right way. A few years ago I was praying for GB to draft Derwin James when they needed a Safety, but of course they messed that up by trading down with New Orleans to pick up an extra 1st round pick and the trading a 4th round pick to get back up in the 1st round to get Darnell Savage. Another corner back sized Safety.

The Packers need to get rid of Barry and hire a Defensive Coordinator who will bring in a physical brand of defense. Don't go looking at any team other then those teams like Baltimore, San Francisco, or the Jets. If we're going to lose games then at least teams will know they were in a football game.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
A top draft pick will be good if it's used the right way. A few years ago I was praying for GB to draft Derwin James when they needed a Safety, but of course they messed that up by trading down with New Orleans to pick up an extra 1st round pick and the trading a 4th round pick to get back up in the 1st round to get Darnell Savage. Another corner back sized Safety.
The Derwin James trade out and back up netted us Jaire in that draft and Savage the following year with the extra 1st.

Members online

Latest posts