2023 Division round at the SF

TG5557

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holly ****, what a game. Hats off to the Packers on a hard-fought game you should have won. Love is one hell of a QB. You all should be proud. Everything about your team is fantastic. Heads up! I have no doubt the niners and Packers will be seeing each other in the playoffs for years to come. It's been a pleasure talking with you all.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They didn't cut it in relief of Jones.
Wilson was fine.

We did not lose this game because of our running game. We did not lose this game because Mr 3.4 YPC was inactive.

Dillon is a plodder. He is the definition of "just a guy". Will he find work next season, probably, but I'm guessing he's played his last game as a Packer.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilson was fine.

We did not lose this game because of our running game. We did not lose this game because Mr 3.4 YPC was inactive.

Dillon is a plodder.
Dillon is a guy who gets the one tough yard when you need it. There were 2 or 3 situations where we really could have used him.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They actually had me fooled when they were up 21-14 with the ball near midfield in the 4th. I really believed they were going to finish the job against this team for once.
That is why young teams are young and vet teams are vets.

OP
OP
OldSchool101
Reaction score
I think they're both going.
I think the Packers were 49ers biggest remaining threat in the NFC.
The Packers definitely weren’t 10 point underdogs. Those odds were completely not logical unless you just looked at our final record and didn’t follow football.
If you were an investment broker and stuck by those odds after watching this? You’d be looking for a job in another field pretty quickly.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Taylor and Wilson have been doing it for over a month. Dillon wasn't setting the field afire this season anyway. Taylor can get tackled 3 yards down field just as easily as Dillon.
We could have used Dillon on that 3rd and 1 and then the 4th and 1. We have seen him get hit behind the line and drive tacklers several yards.

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could have used Dillon on that 3rd and 1 and then the 4th and 1. We have seen him get hit behind the line and drive tacklers several yards.
A great game, a great season for such a young team.
Some things went our way, some did not. Same can be said for 49rs.
It was back and forth and either team could have won. That is what a playoff game should look like.
You could say carlson missed FG hurt us, but SF had FG blocked too. Everything balanced out for both.
Our guys got a lot of experience from this game. Maybe next year this experience will help them to be better when they have the final drive with a little over a minute left in the clock.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dillon is a guy who gets the one tough yard when you need it. There were 2 or 3 situations where we really could have used him.

That's the perception of who we drafted him to be, but he has not actually been that guy.

Aaron Jones is actually far better in 3rd/4th and short situations.

OUpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great game and season by the packers. This young team will learn from that experience and be more prepared for another run next season.
Few turning points in my eyes, 2 dropped interception opportunities with one quite possibly being a pick six. 4th and 1, I still believe was a bad spot but was so close I don’t think a challenge would be won.
Fumble by Jones on toss sweep, and the missed mid range field goal.
You have to give SF credit, ball game on the line and they drove the field for the win. That came from experience of being in that position as veterans.
Future is bright for the Pack. Can’t wait until the new season begins.
One last thing, the announcers were awful. I finally muted them and synced the broadcast with radio broadcast. We have the best radio broadcast in the NFL, not even close

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I think they're both going.
You and me, both. It'll be an interesting SB if that comes to fruition. Along the same vein, it'll be fun watching two "after-the-whistle-type" teams gouging away at each other.

I have to say that I can't remember being as proud of a Packers team as I am of this group of guys - and even though I can only remember bits and pieces of the '67-'68 team (I would have been 10 years old), these guys MADE me like and remember them. I'm sure they'll be gratified to know I said that.

That an entire irritating season with really .. ZERO expectations at the outset, ends THIS way, doesn't surprise me. It breaks my heart for these young guys. I'm not talking about the relative average age of the team here, they're all young guys. However, even before the game I could think of no reason that the Pack wouldn't win - except for the nagging mental image of a FG sailing wide - and lo and behold, these guys were on the cusp of legend and didn't (notice I did not say couldn't) produce.

I just want to add one singular GET OFF MY LAWN oriented old guy comment. In the playoffs, you take points. Now granted, when you have a wobbly-legged rookie, you play the averages ... but, you take the points and put them on the board. (This doesn't apply to video games though). Defense is a mixed bag of "f--- around" in my book ... they're not closers, just refuse the slam the damned door. Barry can't put stickem on 26's hands to be sure but these little things when taken in the cumulative made the ending somewhat predictable.

Thus, the 2023-24 season will forever be titled "Missed and unused opportunities". Niners wanted to give the Pack this game, the Pack were all too willing to refuse delivery.

OkieCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers were 49ers biggest remaining threat in the NFC.
The Packers definitely weren’t 10 point underdogs. Those odds were completely not logical unless you just looked at our final record and didn’t follow football.
If you were an investment broker and stuck by those odds after watching this? You’d be looking for a job in another field pretty quickly.
San Fran will smoke Tampa or Detroit. Had we went to the NFCCG I truly think we would have went to the Super Bowl.

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Detroit is a lot tougher than a lot of posters think.
Since we are out...of the remaining teams to root for I'm looking for a feel good story, so kind of leaning toward the lions. Never won a SB, been 30 yrs since fans had anything to root for and they do represent our North division.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Since we are out...of the remaining teams to root for I'm looking for a feel good story, so kind of leaning toward the lions. Never won a SB, been 30 yrs since fans had anything to root for and they do represent our North division.
The definite non-NFCN emotional favorite.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) Lions- I guess it would be cool or whatever given how overdue they are. Bonus point for making the NFC North look strong

2) Bills- Same as most of above, would be nice to see them finish it one of these times

3) Bucs - Because underdog, or Baker Mayfield, or whatever I guess

4) Ravens - Just next here by default

5) 49ers - No

6) Chiefs - Oh please no

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) Lions- I guess it would be cool or whatever given how overdue they are. Bonus point for making the NFC North look strong

2) Bills- Same as most of above, would be nice to see them finish it one of these times

3) Bucs - Because underdog, or Baker Mayfield, or whatever I guess

4) Ravens - Just next here by default

5) 49ers - No

6) Chiefs - Oh please no
Would be nice to see bills and lions make it. At least one of those cities will have something to celebrate for the first time.
They are 2 of the 3 teams that never won a SB. Other is Texans.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would be nice to see bills and lions make it. At least one of those cities will have something to celebrate for the first time.
They are 2 of the 3 teams that never won a SB. Other is Texans.
I assume we're just not counting the Vikings because we don't consider that to be a mathematically possible scenario anyway.

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I assume we're just not counting the Vikings because we don't consider that to be a mathematically possible scenario anyway.
You are correct. The wording on the web site was misleading which led me to research this a little deeper....
There are actually 12 teams that Never did it,
Bills,
Lions
Texans
Bengals
Browns
La chargers
Jaguars
Titans
Panthers
Falcons
Vikes
Cardinals

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Young team, up and down virtually every game during the season; many positives, a lot of negatives and needs throughout the roster for 2024-25. Love decision making needs to improve quite a bit (last pass was terrible decision- throw away for another play saves time); kicking - what do you do with Carlson who was fair (at best) during the season and below avg. by NFL definition- pretty good idea it cost GB the game); Def. up and down, played well for 3 qtrs. then what? Missed changes on INT. JBarry calls? Players tired? tackling again was below avg. throughout the game; Off. line ok PB, ok on RB but seemed a drop-off when Njiman came in the game. Overall, lot to work with, lots to work on and still have lots of questions throughout the roster to find better players or those who are game changers. Coaching: Some play calls by MLF???? and on both sides of the ball; Oh and NFL needs to look at their referrees in this game, the Balt game and throughout the year. The one linesman last night was AWFUL; bad spots, poor calls (tried to call GB for ILProc when it was clearly D offsides- these folks should be relegated to USFL before they get to ref an NFL game.

Members online

Latest posts