2023 Division round at the SF

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm to the point where I think we should *probably* be going for 2 after touchdowns and obviously a kicker who is under 88% on PATs does not help.
This season, the Packers have only converted 40% of their 2 point tries, so I would factor that into the decision as well.

JFay05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First things first. Respect.
We’ve got our hands full with a very well-rounded 49ers team that has been the most consistent team in the NFC. They have weapons and game changers at nearly every level, Led by a young and dynamic QB that has over exceeded every possible expectation. LAST PART Sound familiar?
Last 11 games ___
Purdy 22 TD 11 INT (7-4 record)
Love 24 TD 3INT (8-3 record)

That said, the 49ers are not unbeatable. The best examples to look to are the last 3 QB’s who led their teams to Wins over SF earlier this season. Jackson, Cousins and Burrows. It’s another example of what a condition of beating the SF49ers is… a similarly good to great QB who has dynamic Receiving weapons.

While GB may not have a Chase or Jefferson or Andrews, we do have a nice, deep roster of above average to good talent and 3 separate 100 yard receivers (Doubs, Reed, Melton) producing over the last 3 weeks, not to mention Wicks putting up 97 yards 2 weeks prior. We also now have healthy, 2 versatile TE’s who thus far have flown under radar due to being rookies. Each TE pacing between 550-675 yards across a season with adequate sample size of 9 and 12 contests respectively.

Kraft 359yds 2 TD’s ~11.5 per
Musgrave 404yds 2 TD’s ~11.0 per

Add to that, we look to see more of our #33 overall draft selection from last year. He’s just getting healthy after missing 5 weeks and got his warm up in Dallas. It’s time to bust loose and take some deep shots and crossers in stride and match Speed with more Speed.
The Packers have shown they don't need a Chase, Jefferson, or Davante Adams to win, it is what has made this offense so dangerous since Thanksgiving. The DCs across the field can't focus on taking away one player, when there has been someone else stepping up.

The Pack has the offense to make this a game, it just depends on whether the D and ST screw it all up for us.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to see Barry go out and be a junkball pitcher. Throw things at SF that aren’t on tape. Blitz corners, drop linemen, mug fronts, play some man, whatever. Stupid stuff. Get weird.

The defense is going to give up drives and points today. Personnel wise, they’re outclassed. So get funky and see if you can steal a possession or two.
Fritz Shurmur - Let's win one for Fritz!

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gonna nitpick. If you would not have put "just" in there (2x); I would have liked it.
I put just it in there because I didn't see the playoffs in this team's future at the start of the season. I was hoping for 5-6 wins, so no matter what, I'm happy with how they have performed. I'm super proud of this team and what we have accomplished.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm all for going for any 4th and under 5 past midfield all the way down to the 15. Situation dependent, of course. Partly because it's generally correct analytically and partly because I don't particularly trust our kicker from 32-50.

I'm to the point where I think we should *probably* be going for 2 after touchdowns and obviously a kicker who is under 88% on PATs does not help.

Going for 2pts would be dependent on what the current game state is. They are around 40% on 2PT tries this season, if the game is fairly close I would just try and hope Carlson can make the XP.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) Is it 4th & inches or a first down on a crucial drive. Catch or not? DPI or letting them play? But we called it the other way when the defense' team had the ball. How do the zebras call it?
2) Star / stud player has been ruled out for the game with a stinger / some leg injury.
The ref crew were getting today leads the league in calling penalties averaging 15 a game. Like you said let's just hope they let them play

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This season, the Packers have only converted 40% of their 2 point tries, so I would factor that into the decision as well.
40% is 2/5, a pretty small sample size. However, an expected return of .87 points on a kick and .8 points on a 2 pointer still pretty much leaves it up to a coin toss and situation.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Raise your hand if 6 months ago, you thought you would still be watching the Packers playing on Jan 20th.

Go Pack Go! Let's Do This!!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish we had the earlier game. I'm getting nervous waiting all this time, it's probably worse for the athletes.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ultimate playing with house money game.

I’d like to see some short yardage play action and go deep plays

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anything is possible!! Stick to the plan!! Watch Barry's defense play lights out and shut them out..that would be something!