Again

Some will hate and say a reach

Some will be okay but think could taken someone else

Others will be eh

And rest will love it

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had him as my tenth best on big board so I cannot be mad. I wanted Karlaftis, Hill or Pickens but this again just made us a lot better in the defensive trenches.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I really like Wyatt. But his age is the fly in the ointment.

The issue isn’t so much about him not having a super long career (potentially) as much as the concern over his game not hitting a high level in college until he was older than the competition.

That said, he’s the best pure interior disruptor on tape in this class and they clearly coveted one. The class as a whole is also really shallow, so if they wanted that skill set for this season, it really had to be early.

So if it translates, and he’s good, I don’t care that he’s old.

If these two guys hit, and they’ve achieved a huge upgrade next to Campbell and a legit interior rush, this defense could be phenomenal.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly not a reach; anyone claiming it was a reach has not watched him play football. I’m really excited to see what he and Clark can do on the dline.

D

Deleted member 6794

I feel the same about Wyatt as I do about Walker. He addresses a need on defense, therefore I like the pick. WR still needs to be improved desperately.

Looks like for sure we will sign Julio, AJ, Sanders, Fuller, etc one of those guys and WR in 2nd round

For the umpteenth time, A.J. Green re-signed with the Cardinals.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Apparently Wyatt's arrest in 2020 resulted from an altercation with his live-in girlfriend. She locked him out of their apartment, and he kicked the door until it broke.

Gutekunst said last night that he never put his hands on anyone, and that's why they felt comfortable with his character. Also mentioned that they don't have patience for that sort of thing-- they evidently feel Wyatt has matured.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I moved every post that did not discuss the player in the title to the live draft thread. Try to stay on topic. [/moderation]
I expected a trench player. Did not know which would fall. Run on WR's made bolstering the defense a no brainer.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Can't believe I took Wyatt off my contest list. A few weeks ago I thought he was one of the two likely candidates to be taken at 22. Then I started listening to our forum draft experts. I'm such an idiot!

Southside

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wyatt is a really good talent and will be a great addition to the Packers. Eric Stokes was drafted out of Georgia last year and turned out to be a really good rookie. Maybe the Packers are trying to bring in as many Georgia guys as possible. Who's that Georgia wide receiver thats still available? :)

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Stokes pick certainly influenced last night's picks. Stokes turned out better than hoped which helps indicate that Georgie defensive players are individually good and not just part of a superior unit. That said, the elite RAS scores by Walker and Wyat probably convinced Gute that they needed to be picked as much or more so than Stokes great rookie year.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Pickens there I'm not full go on this one. If he can play DE I'm a bit more at ease because we need to upgrade there. If he's a DT ONLY I'm full go against this pick.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't believe I took Wyatt off my contest list. A few weeks ago I thought he was one of the two likely candidates to be taken at 22. Then I started listening to our forum draft experts. I'm such an idiot!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the Packers select three players from the same college with three first round picks in consecutive drafts. Has something like this ever happened before?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
6'3" 304 lbs
32.5" arms, 10" hands, 78" wing

4.77 forty (97th%)
1.66 ten split (93rd%)
29" vertical (46th%)
111" broad (82nd%)
4.62 shuttle (50th%)
7.45 three cone (75th%)

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who plays outside? Wyatt or Clark. Obviously talking about when the 3-4. Is there somewhere to seen what % they were in what formation?

D

Deleted member 6794

With Pickens there I'm not full go on this one. If he can play DE I'm a bit more at ease because we need to upgrade there. If he's a DT ONLY I'm full go against this pick.

Wyatt is most likely best suited to line up as a three-technique next to Clark.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the Packers select three players from the same college with three first round picks in consecutive drafts. Has something like this ever happened before?

I don't know, but I like the idea of getting guys off of a national championship team.

Stokes had a pretty good rookie season, hopefully that's an indicator of what to expect from Walker & Wyatt.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who plays outside? Wyatt or Clark. Obviously talking about when the 3-4. Is there somewhere to seen what % they were in what formation?

In base 3-4, you can consider all three linemen as "interior" defenders. When 3-4s shade (I think Caper's playbook called it Eagle), the NT goes 0 -> 1 technique (probably Clark) and the Weakside 5 -> 3. I'd presume Wyatt is that 3.