2007 Pack???

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My dream 2007 Packers Lineup: With available players that are eigther Restricted Free Agents, Unresricted Free Agents, or on the Trading Block....

QB: Brett Favre
RB: Clinton Portis/Ricky Willaims/Willias Magahee/Ahman Green(One of the 4)
WR: Randy Moss
WR: Donald Driver
WR: Greg Jennings
TE: Jeremy Shockey
LT: Chad Clifton
LG: Daryn Colledge
C: Scott Wells
RG: Jason Spitz
RT: Mark Tauscher

DE: Dwight Freeney
DT: Ryan Pickett
DT: Vonnie Holliday
DE: Aaron Kampman/ Kabeer Gbaja Biamila
SLB: Nick Barnett
MLB: London Fletcher-Baker
WLB: AJ Hawk
CB: Charles Woodson
CB: Al Harris
CB: Asante Samuel
SS/FS: Ken Hamlin

Yes I know its impossible.....

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dwighty Freeney would be a great catch. He's got a ring now, maybe he'll want to go to an up and coming team. Who knows. I'm loving this Clinton Portis talk.

OP
OP
R

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you should pass me some of the weed your smoking, lol jk. That would be a nice line up though.

HAHAHA thered be alot of smoke coming out of the locker room...ohwell itd just add to the fog they put out before the team runs on to the feild. LOL

tank72

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Portis sounds real nice if he can get over his injuries from this past season. I think GB could use a versatile back and who can not only gash defenses but be an air threat out of the backfield.

OP
OP
R

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Portis sounds real nice if he can get over his injuries from this past season. I think GB could use a versatile back and who can not only gash defenses but be an air threat out of the backfield.

Agree...I just think we could get ricky for less...also ricky really hasnt experienced the injuries portis and magahee have... know he likes pot, but before he got suspended he was a top 3 back and everyone was talkin about the fins foin deep in the playoffs...

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My dream 2007 Packers Lineup: With available players that are eigther Restricted Free Agents, Unresricted Free Agents, or on the Trading Block....

I actually think we're fine at RB with Green/Morency/draft pick.

I won't change the LB core either, nor would I change the DL. I'm liking Jenkins/KGB on one side and Kampman on the other.

Everything else you're saying sounds good to me.

OP
OP
R

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
refpacker said:

I actually think we're fine at RB with Green/Morency/draft pick.

I won't change the LB core either, nor would I change the DL. I'm liking Jenkins/KGB on one side and Kampman on the other.

Everything else you're saying sounds good to me.
So ur saying we'd be better off without freeney, fletcher, or portis??? HUH??? :doh:

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too bad Samuel won't come here to be a nickel DB.

He'll either stay in NE or cash in somewhere else where he can start.

Edit- Vonnie Holliday? Is that a joke? We have 4 DT's on our roster right now that are better than he is.

This isn't 1999. He's old and slow.

OP
OP
R

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Too bad Samuel won't come here to be a nickel DB.

He'll either stay in NE or cash in somewhere else where he can start.

Edit- Vonnie Holliday? Is that a joke? We have 4 DT's on our roster right now that are better than he is.

This isn't 1999. He's old and slow.

LOL i was just tryin to bring back some old school... He prolly wouldnt start, but he might help lead..

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m a realists so here is my dream lineup would be one that might be somewhat possible…

RB: Marshawn Lynch/Ahman Green
WR: Donald Driver/Greg Jennings (Maybe Moss pending what the compensation for him would be)
TE: Daniel Graham/Zach Miller

DE: Aaron Kampman/Cullen Jenkins
DE: Justin Smith/Cullen Jenkins
DT: Ryan Pickett/Corey Williams/Cullen Jenkins/Colin Cole/Johnny Jolley
LB: Brady Popping
LB: Nick Barnett
LB: A.J. Hawk
CB: Al Harris/Charles Woodson/Nick Harper
FS: Nick Collins
SS: Marvel Underwood (maybe a Mike Doss or Ken Hamlin instead)

I only gave key guys and I gave what I thought would be a solid D-line Rotation. Yes KGB is not on here for obvious reasons. I don’t think he is anywhere near a 8 to 10 sack guy even playing on fresh legs.

OP
OP
R

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynch is unproven...we are putting to many eggs in our basket...How many rookies, besides reggie bush contribute to an offense as a starter should in their first year.....

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynch is unproven...we are putting to many eggs in our basket...How many rookies, besides reggie bush contribute to an offense as a starter should in their first year.....
Lawrence Maroney, Joseph Addai, and DeAngelo Williams :roll:

Technically, they didn't all start, but Maroney and Addai essentially did, with Addai going over 1000 yards. Chances are, all 3 will be getting the majority of the carries for their teams next season. With Morencey/Other wild card back in the mix, a rookie can certainly carry the load.

OP
OP
R

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
refpacker said:

Yes they helped out..... but they werent the full time back....Im not saying he couldnt help, but he has him listed in front of Ahman, theres no way....Maybe a split back like the others........

All im sayin is that Id rather have Portis as my full time back than a split backfield of Ahman and Lynch who we dont even know will contribute...

But they didnt carry the load!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
refpacker said:

Yes they helped out..... but they werent the full time back....Im not saying he couldnt help, but he has him listed in front of Ahman, theres no way....Maybe a split back like the others........

All im sayin is that Id rather have Portis as my full time back than a split backfield of Ahman and Lynch who we dont even know will contribute...

LT

Carnell Williams

Clinton Portis

Fred Taylor

Edgerrin James

Jamal Lewis

Eddie George

Want anymore?

You realize how much it would take to get Portis out of Washington? I rather have Portis as well but your lineup my friend is good enough to start in the NFC Pro Bowl with Moss, Shockey, Favre, Driver, and Portis. When I made my list I was trying to be semi realistic. I have no problem with anyone having a dream lineup or making one but I’m targeting a Lynch and Green duo because I feel that’s a realistic possibility. Just my two cents on it.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
refpacker said:

Technically, they didn't all start, but Maroney and Addai essentially did, with Addai going over 1000 yards. Chances are, all 3 will be getting the majority of the carries for their teams next season. With Morencey/Other wild card back in the mix, a rookie can certainly carry the load.

MAURICE JONES-DREW

OP
OP
R

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
refpacker said:
kmac said:
refpacker said:

LT

Carnell Williams

Clinton Portis

Fred Taylor

Edgerrin James

Jamal Lewis

Eddie George

Want anymore?

You realize how much it would take to get Portis out of Washington? I rather have Portis as well but your lineup my friend is good enough to start in the NFC Pro Bowl with Moss, Shockey, Favre, Driver, and Portis. When I made my list I was trying to be semi realistic. I have no problem with anyone having a dream lineup or making one but I’m targeting a Lynch and Green duo because I feel that’s a realistic possibility. Just my two cents on it.

Glad that u could give me some, but I bet I could make a list that would blow that one out of the water with players that didnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For sure, a rookie is an unproven commodity. You can't hope that he can carry the load. It usually doesn't work out that way.
It CAN work sometimes, but i'd rather have a proven talent in such an important area as RB.
Rickey Williams has talent, but man, he loves weed more then anything it seems. I'd be afraid, wondering, "Which week will he implode?" I don't have any trust for the guy. He scares me alot more then the prospect of Randy Moss at WR.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
refpacker said:

MAURICE JONES-DREW

GALE SAYERS!!!!!!!!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Glad that u could give me some, but I bet I could make a list that would blow that one out of the water with players that didnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really, think about that comment there. Truly put some thought into it.

1,696 thats how many players are in the NFL.
250 or so players get drafted EVERY year
20-30 undrafted players (rough guess)
20 conditional draft picks (rough guess)

That's around 300 new players into the NFL every year.

Consider this. Brett Favre was the 33rd overall in the 1991 draft. Do you think if he had any other HC other than Holmgren he would have became who is he now? Holmgren on more than one occasion wanted to yank him an sit him, but ultimately didn't. I'm confident that if Favre would have stayed with the Falcons, he'd have been considered a bust. That staff couldn't develop him, nor would have had the patience or intelligence to tap the mans plethora of talent.

The point I'm making is its not so much the player thats drafted, its the staff that assists him into transisitioning into a worthy NFL player. That's the bigger agenda.

My Opinion
Sherman's drafted projects, but didn't have the staff to develop them.

Ted is drafting players, football players, not athletes who COULD become football players and has the staff to develop them into worthy NFL players.

This is pure speculation, but using Shermans' track record at drafting. He would have drafted Vernon Davis (who has great potential, but needs a lot of polishing <-- thats from the 49ers staff themselves) instead of A.J. Hawk (who is a tough hard nosed football player) but isn't the freak of an athlete that Davis is.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
refpacker said:
kmac said:
refpacker said:

LT

Carnell Williams

Clinton Portis

Fred Taylor

Edgerrin James

Jamal Lewis

Eddie George

Want anymore?

There are always more busts than successes. For every good player at a position there are 2 or 3 busts. That's how the NFL Draft works. It's a constant hit and miss game.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tend to agree with Zero, he made a great post and a great point. AJ Hawk was a 1st round talent, and Jennings and Colledge were 2nd round talents, but they were both picked while more naturally talented players, both overall and at their position, were on the board. As a result, TT is going to have very few straight up busts, but is also unlikely to hit on the next big superstar. (Think the drafting of Shawne Merriman over proven Derrick Johnson and David Pollack in 2005.)

However, TT isn't afraid to take a risk occasionally. Some are good risks (Nick Collins), others are not (Cory Rogers.) I'm not a huge TT fan, but I like his draft philosophy.

OP
OP
R

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
refpacker said:

Really, think about that comment there. Truly put some thought into it.

1,696 thats how many players are in the NFL.
250 or so players get drafted EVERY year
20-30 undrafted players (rough guess)
20 conditional draft picks (rough guess)

That's around 300 new players into the NFL every year.

Consider this. Brett Favre was the 33rd overall in the 1991 draft. Do you think if he had any other HC other than Holmgren he would have became who is he now? Holmgren on more than one occasion wanted to yank him an sit him, but ultimately didn't. I'm confident that if Favre would have stayed with the Falcons, he'd have been considered a bust. That staff couldn't develop him, nor would have had the patience or intelligence to tap the mans plethora of talent.

The point I'm making is its not so much the player thats drafted, its the staff that assists him into transisitioning into a worthy NFL player. That's the bigger agenda.

My Opinion
Sherman's drafted projects, but didn't have the staff to develop them.

Ted is drafting players, football players, not athletes who COULD become football players and has the staff to develop them into worthy NFL players.

This is pure speculation, but using Shermans' track record at drafting. He would have drafted Vernon Davis (who has great potential, but needs a lot of polishing <-- thats from the 49ers staff themselves) instead of A.J. Hawk (who is a tough hard nosed football player) but isn't the freak of an athlete that Davis is.

I mean just juding from the running back position, and just judgin from #5 pick in the draft and up.......

Members online

Latest posts