2006 Packers Lineup

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I'm done talking with your old ignorant ***. The bitterness of some of these old folks is ridiculous.

You were wrong, let it go.

Can't say I blame you. You weren't exactly overwhelming anybody with facts to back up your argument :roll:

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to argue with 100 tackles, DePack!

And, for what it is worth, teams are BUILT around guys like Ben Taylor...with a few superstars thrown in for good measure.

I like his signing...he will either push to start or he will be quality backup.

No lose situation at his pay.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ummm...I believe I have......

Compete for starter (while young prospects develop a year, perhaps) or quality backup.

I cannot be more clear. Should you continue to lack understanding of my position, it is by choice....you stubborn, recalcitrant bastard!!!!! LOL

Notice how, if you only attach an "LOL" at the end...you can pretty much **** on anyone and get away with it??!! LOL

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those weren't my questions LOL. But forget about it LOL because you don't really have to support your opinion LOL you can just make blanket statements LOL like "you're wrong" LOL and then run LOL.

You're right. Now everything is fine!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL...*****.....LOL......

How's things, DePack?

Have a strong feeling that Hawkins, in the end, beats out Carroll for more playing time as the season progresses.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cool... did you read that scouting report I posted about Colledge? WTF...I've never heard that he was such a **** before. Do you think PFW just has an axe to grind?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey depack (our lil spat seems to be over...spat #936 will begin at a later date)

Did you listen to colledges audio conference and read his blog? He seems honest. I think that description of colledge was a little out of line. And even if he IS a little cocky, the NFL will humble him. He will learn in the NFL, nobody calls an offensive linemans name unless he does something wrong. He wont WANT attention.

Im not worried about colledge.

Also, Spitz audio conference seemed more..'questionable' than colledges. he seemed very...'confident'

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea I listened to Colledge...that's why I was surprised at what PFW wrote. Sometimes one scout will read something wrong in a guy and next thing you know someone runs with it. I can't imagine TT picking a head case so I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt.

spat over. It's all good.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I would rather they have a little too much confidence than too little. Getting knocked down a few pegs has a way of inspiring competitive people...and Spitz/Colledge both appear to be highly competitive guys.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Personally, I would rather they have a little too much confidence than too little. Getting knocked down a few pegs has a way of inspiring competitive people...and Spitz/Colledge both appear to be highly competitive guys.

Yea I agree but PFW made it look like he was all about himself and not a team player....but F---- them......for now!

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
gado35 said:
PackerLegend said:
With Driver now 31 and Walker, Murphy, Chatman gone I think the pack will pick up a WR around June Cuts. Ashley Lelie is probably as good as gone becuase he is now #3 on depth chart to add to the problems, and he already didnt want to play for the broncos and now that he is #3 he really doesnt want to play, and i think we should try and get him. Other possible WR's that might get wacked include Donte Stallworth, Tyrone Calico, Charles Rodgers, Marcus Robinson. I think we should look at Donte if we dont get Lelie.

Chatman was never any good, and murphy wasnt that good either.

Actually Chatman outperformed Fergy who's still on the roster. He also was Mr. Sure Hands in the return game. He wasn't a game breaker as a returner, but you need a reliable returner catching frozen balls at Lambeau in December.

As for Murphy, he showed great promise but never got a chance to really contribute. The loss here was his potential.

saying that chatman outperformed fergy isnt saying much at all. I grant he wasnt a zero on a 10 scale, but also he was below your average #2 receiver and should have been replaced with better receivers even if he stayed.
As far as murphy goes, i agree with you that the defenatly had potential, i just think he never maximized it as much as he should of with a quarterback like favre.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And so many other articles pretty much presented him as a team leader. A little contrary to this recent nugget.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the interviewer is just mad Colledge didnt sign him an autograph or something. lol. bitter

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
tromadz said:
I still think Hodge could possibly beat out Taylor for the job..

but "Taylor sucks" and "Nobody wanted him" are just lies...and it does this forum a disservice.

trom, I realize you have a problem with me for making you look stupid so many times. And I realize that Ben Taylor is the next coming of #66 for the Packers since TT signed him but don't start making **** up. Please explain to me who else made him an offer. Please explain to me why TT only signed him to a one year contract for what he signed for? If Ben Taylor becomes some superstar then TT's an idiot. He becomes a free agent after one year. While your at it, please explain to me why we spent 2 of our first 3 picks on linebackers if TT thought Taylor was the answer.

I'll wait for your response, after school is let out.

Browns wanted to retain him. Whether they made an offer I can not verify.

I can't say I know the reason Ted(I'm not Ted, I'm Kevin) gave him a one year offer. Perhaps it was to evaluate him in our system for a year without smashing the bank. If he does well and enjoys GB, you can bet he will be retained. As per making a mistake if Ben turns out to be a huge star, what happened the last time a player exceeded his contract? Didn't go over too well. (Walker, McKenzie).

Ted chose two out of our first three picks on LB because it is our weekest shallowest depth and wanted to create as much competition with as much talent as he could. Also Hodge was not expected to be available where we took him. I do believe most mock drafts had him being selected much earlier. (I could be wrong, thats only based on what I've heard an read)

I was going to wait until School was out, but I figured 8:30 this evening would be too long and considering I just got home from work I hope this time is sufficient for you.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it possible that we, as Packer fans, could cut back on all the personal sniping going on here? It's not fun reading that back-biting crap. Frankly, I believe it's degrading this forum. JMO.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:
tromadz said:
I still think Hodge could possibly beat out Taylor for the job..

but "Taylor sucks" and "Nobody wanted him" are just lies...and it does this forum a disservice.

trom, I realize you have a problem with me for making you look stupid so many times. And I realize that Ben Taylor is the next coming of #66 for the Packers since TT signed him but don't start making **** up. Please explain to me who else made him an offer. Please explain to me why TT only signed him to a one year contract for what he signed for? If Ben Taylor becomes some superstar then TT's an idiot. He becomes a free agent after one year. While your at it, please explain to me why we spent 2 of our first 3 picks on linebackers if TT thought Taylor was the answer.

I'll wait for your response, after school is let out.

Browns wanted to retain him. Whether they made an offer I can not verify.

I can't say I know the reason Ted(I'm not Ted, I'm Kevin) gave him a one year offer. Perhaps it was to evaluate him in our system for a year without smashing the bank. If he does well and enjoys GB, you can bet he will be retained. As per making a mistake if Ben turns out to be a huge star, what happened the last time a player exceeded his contract? Didn't go over too well. (Walker, McKenzie).

Ted chose two out of our first three picks on LB because it is our weekest shallowest depth and wanted to create as much competition with as much talent as he could. Also Hodge was not expected to be available where we took him. I do believe most mock drafts had him being selected much earlier. (I could be wrong, thats only based on what I've heard an read)

I was going to wait until School was out, but I figured 8:30 this evening would be too long and considering I just got home from work I hope this time is sufficient for you.

Now THOSE are answers.....not good ones but answers nonetheless :lol:

Thanks

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:
Is it possible that we, as Packer fans, could cut back on all the personal sniping going on here? It's not fun reading that back-biting crap. Frankly, I believe it's degrading this forum. JMO.

I agree...it's p1ssing me off! Actually most of it's tongue in cheek....I think!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I told you, depack.

When I hear things, i dont remember the source most of the time, or i dont remember the date i heard it. I have knack for remembering interesting(to me) facts..

and when we signed that no-name Ben taylor LB i researched him a bit, and tried to see what his story is.

you can believe what I say most of the time. I really dont like spreading lies as facts.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I told you, depack.

When I hear things, i dont remember the source most of the time, or i dont remember the date i heard it. I have knack for remembering interesting(to me) facts..

and when we signed that no-name Ben taylor LB i researched him a bit, and tried to see what his story is.

you can believe what I say most of the time. I really dont like spreading lies as facts.

I'm sure Cleveland tried to keep him...when I think of free agents, I think of other teams but Cleveland must not have offered much. Anyway, I thought we were over this.

Members online

Latest posts