2006 Packers Lineup

Packman5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is how i see our lineup looking at the beginning of the season but i'm an idiot so don't rely on me.

OFFENSE
QB-Brett Favre
RB- Ahman Green
WR-Donald Driver
WR-Rod Gardner
WR- Robert Ferguson
FB- William Henderson
OT-Mark Tausher
OT- Chad Cliffton
OG-Daryn Colledge
OG-Junius Coston
C- Scott Wells
TE- Bubba Franks
TE- Donald Lee

DEFENSE
DE- KGB
DE-Aaron Kampman
DT-Ryan Pickett
DT- Cullen Jenkins
LB- AJ Hawk
LB- Nick Barnett
LB- Abdul Hodge
CB- Charles Woodson
CB- Al Harris
S- Marquand Manuel
S- Nick Collins

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure hope the league let's us run a 13 man offense with triple wideouts and a double TE formation. that would be sweet! :lol:

OP
OP
P

Packman5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
haha yeah ik, i didn't mean all on the field at the same time, i mean with different packages and stuff

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Jennings will have a good shot at beating out Ferguson. I agree with the Taylor for Abdul unless they move Barnett to the outside.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings will beat out Ferguson this year or next unless he really steps up, and Colin Cole is also a main DT, and the RB green, gado, najeh will be pretty split for time. Im not sure about Junius Coston being our starting gaurd tho. I say start Abdul and sub with Taylor But that will be decided after training camp.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be wary of starting Abdul on the outside, him being a rookie and not used to the outside position, so I would lean towards starting Taylor and subbing with Abdul.

NiVeK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the Ben Taylor over Hodge...for now.
Let him sub and learn for a year, then start him in his sophomore year.
Our offensive line doesn't look as bad as everyone is claiming it is.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree with the ben taylor over hodge for now part... and just cause aj seems ready.... hes still gotta fight it out with the other linebackers... im confident hes ready but you never know

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hodge better beat out Taylor. He sucks. There is a reason he signed a one year, near veteran's minimum contract. Nobody wanted him. Hell TT didn't even offer him much but it was his only offer. If Hodge isn't ready I say we go with Poppinga if he's healthy.

Now I know TT signed him but please don't turn this into a "you hate TT" thread. Like I said he didn't spend any money on him. He was meant to be a one year stopgap.....until we drafted Hodge and Hawk. I'm not sure Taylor will make the final roster.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would agree whole heartedly with that, if Barnett moved to outside linebacker. Maybe this is the year they actually make the move. They have mentioned it before, but they didn't really have a person to replace his skills at the middle linebacker position so they held off.

If they keep Barnett at the MLB position then it is asking quite a bit of Hodge, who lacks experience as an outside linebacker, experience that Taylor has. Don't get me wrong, I'm a University of Iowa student and a huge fan of Hodge, but I've only seen him as a middle linebacker.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Hodge better beat out Taylor. He sucks. There is a reason he signed a one year, near veteran's minimum contract. Nobody wanted him. .

You couldnt be more wrong. The browns wanted to keep him and some other teams showed interest. Taylor wanted to come to GB cuz he had a shot to be a starter in a 4-3 defense.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed... trom ben taylor is a solid player who was lookin for somewhere he had a chance to START.

plus hes a hokie :lol:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think Hodge could possibly beat out Taylor for the job..

but "Taylor sucks" and "Nobody wanted him" are just lies...and it does this forum a disservice.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else notice that Ben Taylor is a hard working guy, making the most out of a lack of talent? Anyone notice he had 100 tackles last season?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Driver now 31 and Walker, Murphy, Chatman gone I think the pack will pick up a WR around June Cuts. Ashley Lelie is probably as good as gone becuase he is now #3 on depth chart to add to the problems, and he already didnt want to play for the broncos and now that he is #3 he really doesnt want to play, and i think we should try and get him. Other possible WR's that might get wacked include Donte Stallworth, Tyrone Calico, Charles Rodgers, Marcus Robinson. I think we should look at Donte if we dont get Lelie.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Donte Stallworth and Marcus Robinson are interesting. I've seen Robinson play his whole career, and he is a solid #2 if the QB doesnt suck.

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kinda feel sorry for Taylor. He decided to go with the Pack because he thought he'd be a full time starter here... now it looks like he may be sharing time.

But don't get me wrong.. I love our depth at LB.

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
With Driver now 31 and Walker, Murphy, Chatman gone I think the pack will pick up a WR around June Cuts. Ashley Lelie is probably as good as gone becuase he is now #3 on depth chart to add to the problems, and he already didnt want to play for the broncos and now that he is #3 he really doesnt want to play, and i think we should try and get him. Other possible WR's that might get wacked include Donte Stallworth, Tyrone Calico, Charles Rodgers, Marcus Robinson. I think we should look at Donte if we dont get Lelie.

Chatman was never any good, and murphy wasnt that good either.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gado35 said:
PackerLegend said:

Chatman was never any good, and murphy wasnt that good either.

Actually Chatman outperformed Fergy who's still on the roster. He also was Mr. Sure Hands in the return game. He wasn't a game breaker as a returner, but you need a reliable returner catching frozen balls at Lambeau in December.

As for Murphy, he showed great promise but never got a chance to really contribute. The loss here was his potential.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

but "Taylor sucks" and "Nobody wanted him" are just lies...and it does this forum a disservice.

trom, I realize you have a problem with me for making you look stupid so many times. And I realize that Ben Taylor is the next coming of #66 for the Packers since TT signed him but don't start making **** up. Please explain to me who else made him an offer. Please explain to me why TT only signed him to a one year contract for what he signed for? If Ben Taylor becomes some superstar then TT's an idiot. He becomes a free agent after one year. While your at it, please explain to me why we spent 2 of our first 3 picks on linebackers if TT thought Taylor was the answer.

I'll wait for your response, after school is let out.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
tromadz said:

trom, I realize you have a problem with me for making you look stupid so many times. And I realize that Ben Taylor is the next coming of #66 for the Packers since TT signed him but don't start making **** up. Please explain to me who else made him an offer. Please explain to me why TT only signed him to a one year contract for what he signed for? If Ben Taylor becomes some superstar then TT's an idiot. He becomes a free agent after one year. While your at it, please explain to me why we spent 2 of our first 3 picks on linebackers if TT thought Taylor was the answer.

You were wrong. Let it go. Browns wanted to keep him, and other teams(I don't remember who, but I remember going "great, another guy we might not get") because he is a hard worker. He also got 100 tackles last year. but "he sucks." lol. right. hahaha.

Is it too much for you to look at things from a positive standpoint? What the hell is wrong with you?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
DePack said:
tromadz said:

You were wrong. Let it go. Browns wanted to keep him, and other teams(I don't remember who, but I remember going "great, another guy we might not get") because he is a hard worker. He also got 100 tackles last year. but "he sucks." lol. right. hahaha.

Is it too much for you to look at things from a positive standpoint? What the hell is wrong with you?

SCHOOL'S OUT. I see you avoided every one of my questions. I'm just telling it like it is, not being negative. You want positive....here it is...There is no way Taylor will be a starter for us because Ted Thompson has done such a great job acquiring other linebackers, he can't crack the lineup. Is that better? Now take your time....go back and answer my questions.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm done talking with your old ignorant ***. The bitterness of some of these old folks is ridiculous.

You were wrong, let it go.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts