2005 NFC playoff teams

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does this guy ever end?

Steel Wheels said:
We will see how good the Packers look in pre-season. Don't forget pre-season is important.

Yeah it is, Wheels. Important to see how your rookies and draft picks perform under the pressure of a pseudo-game that means absolutely nothing in the greater scheme of things. :roll: That's why it is called PRE-season and not regular season.

Anyone know off hand how many pre-season games the Pack won last year?

Go Pack!

Robert C. Hedley

OP
OP
S

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
we've already been through this. preseason means absolutely nothing..ask Greg Dempson what happened in Spurrier's first regular season with the Redskins. he went 4-0 in the preseason all won in huge blowout fashion. just one small example.

preseason is a great way to see how your second team plays against the opposing second team though. whoopee!

You have it backwards and have missed the point about pre-season.

Teams who play well in pre-season don't always win the Super Bowl but teams who are under .500 in pre-season rarely do.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:

Teams who play well in pre-season don't always win the Super Bowl but teams who are under .500 in pre-season rarely do.

No he didn't, he pointed out the awkwardness of your post.

Tell the 1-3 Patriots that they weren't supposed to win the superbowl and see how far you get.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
arrowgargantuan said:
we've already been through this. preseason means absolutely nothing..ask Greg Dempson what happened in Spurrier's first regular season with the Redskins. he went 4-0 in the preseason all won in huge blowout fashion. just one small example.

preseason is a great way to see how your second team plays against the opposing second team though. whoopee!

i'd say the key word in that sentence is rarely.

what you seem to not be grasping is that the pre-season is simply not an accurate reflection of the regular season...nor is it a peek into what to expect from your team.

by this logic, if the Pack goes 2-2 in August we would still have a shot at the big game. it's obvious why right? the Rams did it in '99! i almost packed it in for a second there until i checked my stats! now if we went 1-3 in pre-season it sure does present quite a quandary. the pats did it last year..but obviously they were the defending superbowl champs so they had the neccesary willpower to put that telltale pre-season behind them and muster up a 14-2 season.

pre-season means ****. i personally don't think Green Bay is going to the big dance this season, but i know better then to pack it in after a lousy pre-season...for the simple fact that NFL teams don't place enough importance in it.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:

So that you are saying that if the Pack used their starting lineup all four pre-season games and blew the opposition's rookies away for a 4-0 sweep, we'd have an awesome chance of bringing home the Lombardi?

Nice try, Chase.

Go Pack!

Robert C. Hedley

OP
OP
S

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
now if we went 1-3 in pre-season it sure does present quite a quandary. the pats did it last year..but obviously they were the defending superbowl champs so they had the neccesary willpower to put that telltale pre-season behind them and muster up a 14-2 season.

No not willpower, TALENT! Their 1-3 pre-season record was a fluke.

In case you forgot the New England Patriots won 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
arrowgargantuan said:
now if we went 1-3 in pre-season it sure does present quite a quandary. the pats did it last year..but obviously they were the defending superbowl champs so they had the neccesary willpower to put that telltale pre-season behind them and muster up a 14-2 season.

No not willpower, TALENT! Their 1-3 pre-season record was a fluke.

In case you forgot the New England Patriots won 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls.

no..it wasn't a fluke. it was the pre-season! you know, those 4 games before the regular season where teams pit their back-ups against each other in a viscious display of bench ball!?!

i dont even know why we're having this conversation. if the Packers have an outstanding pre-season that still won't change your outlook on them one bit. which to me means you don't place that much faith in that article you posted as well.

correct me if im wrong.

Members online

Latest posts