Cheesehead
Reaction score
East: Philadelphia Eagles

North: Minnesota Vikings

South: New Orleans Saints

West: Seattle Seahawks

Wildcards: Dallas Cowboys, Atlanta Falcons

DePack said:
Brett Favre's play is probably the biggest reason for the last 4 playoff losses.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
East: Philadelphia Eagles

North: Minnesota Vikings

South: New Orleans Saints

West: Seattle Seahawks

Wildcards: Dallas Cowboys, Atlanta Falcons

SHOCKING NEWS!!!! STEEL WHEELS IS READY TO CONCEDE/QUIT BEFORE THE SEASON HAS EVEN BEGUN

Yes, it is true, Steel Wheels aka Chase aka Chicken Little has already begun his annual rendition of "peep, peep, peep, peep ... The Sky is falling."

I know that many of you are thinking, "but doesn't Steel (training) Wheels/Chase/Chicken Little always sing this song. Well, yes, however what is unique about it this time is its timing. He usually reserves the space between mini-camps and training camps to work on his favorite, "buk, buck, buucck, buuuccckk... Sherman Sucks"

Stay tuned for further developments in this breaking story.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL...shocking....isn't it Bruce? I am also honored that he has followed his ****-****** stalking tendencies from one forum to another. He is now using a PARTIAL quote of mine as his signature block. DePack don't go that way........not that there's anything wrong with that.

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels, your picking the Saints over Carolina, and Atlanta? Actually I dont agree with any of your picks, except Philly.

East: Philly

North: Packers (its my duty)

South: Atlanta

West: Rams

Wildcards: Queens, and Panthers

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schmitty said:

every year i do picks for the season, which i take pretty seriously, even though the packers are my team i dont let bias get in the way...had them as a wild card team last year...but its not like i was cheering against them all season just for my pick to come true...

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shooossssssssshhhh!!!!!!!! I feel better now.I was up late last night worrying about when STEEL WHEELS would bless up with his ever so accurate predictions for the NFC.

I actually have been a mess lately pondering what Steel Wheels thinks about the NFL as a whole.Everyday I eagerly run to my computer to check for any new posts that are bubbling over with such thought out rational information.

Honestly this is nothing more than a flame made by an attention starved mongoloid

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My picks

NFC North: Bears
NFC East: Redskins
NFC South: Buccaneers
NFC West: 49ers

Wild Cards: Giants, Saints

AFC North: Browns
AFC East: Dolphins
AFC West: Raiders
AFC South: Titans

Wild Cards: Broncos, Texans

Super Bowl: Browns over 49ers

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
uwbadger12000 said:
My picks

best...predictions...ever!!!

OP
OP
S

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schmitty said:
Steel Wheels, your picking the Saints over Carolina, and Atlanta? Actually I dont agree with any of your picks, except Philly.

East: Philly

South: Atlanta

West: Rams

Wildcards: Queens, and Panthers

New Orleans has good offense. Weak defense played well last 4 games of 2004. If they improve on defense they will be tough.

In Carolina QB Jake Delhomme lost WR Muhsin Muhammad and Steve Smith is questionable with injuries. RB's Steven Davis and DeShaun Foster are ???.

In Atlanta Michael Vick's top receiver in 2004 was TE Alge Crumpler with 48 catches and 6 TD's. WR's Peerless Price, Dez White and Brian Finneran only had 7 TD's between them.

Vick's passing skills and shoulder injury are ???.

Tough division but I'll give the edge to New Orleans.

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree somewhat with Steel Wheels. Though i believe the Falcons will win the south but the Saints will get in as a wildcard. And i think that the Cardianls will win the west and the Seahawks will not get into the playoffs.

East: Eagles
West: Cardinals
North: Packers
South: Falcons

Wild Card: Rams, Saints

Eagles are the best team in the east so they'll win it again. The west is a toss up for me between the Rams and Cardianls but i think the Cards will do it. I have the Packers winning the north because i really believe the Viqueens will stumble because they did what the Redskins did last year, brought in washed up players who they thought would help them and the Lions still need a quarterback, if they start Garcia then i'll view them as a threat, and the Bears will need time, maybe next year. The Falcons will take the south because the Bucs suck, and the Panthers will have no offense with questionable injuries to Smith, Foster, Davis, only good players would be Goings and Colbert, and if the Saints can play consistent ball then they will and could be a threat, so they'll take a wildcard. And well only other team i thought had a chance to make the playoffs would be the Rams but i might change my mind on that pick.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
uwbadger12000 said:
My picks

LOL! You really scraped bottom for this list, didn't you?

Go Pack!

Robert C. Hedley

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
SHOCKING NEWS!!!! STEEL WHEELS IS READY TO CONCEDE/QUIT BEFORE THE SEASON HAS EVEN BEGUN

Not surprising... The guy strikes me as a closet ViQueens fan. :roll:

Go Pack!

Robert C. Hedley

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
NFC North: Packers
NFC East: Eagles
NFC South: Seahawks
NFC West: Falcons

Wild Cards: Vikings, Cowboys

AFC North: Steelers
AFC East: Patriots
AFC South: Colts

Wild Cards: Bengals, Jets

Super Bowl: Packers over Colts

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too many variables to pick any '05 playoff teams in NFL -16 days before Training camp begins. It is all guess work. It is a waste of time. Steel Wheels picks prove it!!

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
really scraped the bottom of the barrel for those picks.

packerchick-

ya gotta use the quote button in situations like this. Slick thought you were talking to him because you posted directly underneath him.

OP
OP
S

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PWT36 said:
Too many variables to pick any '05 playoff teams in NFL -16 days before Training camp begins. It is all guess work. It is a waste of time. Steel Wheels picks prove it!!

We will see how good the Packers look in pre-season. Don't forget pre-season is important.

NFL preseason games are a good gauge for regular season success

By Greg Dempson

The very first nationally published article I wrote (in Winner's Edge magazine) contained a football quote by Bill Parcells, the master at winning and covering preseason contests. Parcells stated, "People who think preseason football is meaningless don't know anything about football."

Preseason success is a remarkably accurate barometer in determining a teams' success during the regular season. Did you know that 30 out of the previous 39 Super Bowl champions (76.9%) won .500 or more of their preseason contests straight up? You do now! Since Super Bowl I, the 39 winning teams had a combined preseason margin of 116 - 68 - 2 or 62.3% straight up. Marv Levy was one coach who didn't take the preseason seriously; he had a losing record in three of the four preseason years that Buffalo advanced to the Super Bowl. Perhaps that is one of the reasons why the Bills went 0 - 4 straight up!

Free agency and parity as well as salary caps have changed the way the game is played since 1993. When reviewing the past decade, I noted the following preseason records with regards to the past 11 Super Bowl champions.

1994 - the 49ers went 3 - 1.
1995 - the Cowboys went 2 - 3.
1996 - the Packers 3 - 1.
1997 - the Broncos went 3 - 2.
1998 - the Broncos went 3 - 1.
1999 - the Rams went 2 - 2.
2000 - the Ravens went 4 - 0.
2001 - the Patriots went 3 - 1.
2002 - the Buccaneers went 3 - 1.
2003 - the Patriots went 4 - 0.
2004 - the Patriots went 1-3

The past 11 Super Bowl winners produced a 31 - 15 or 67.3% preseason record and only the Cowboys (1995) and Patriots (2004) had a losing records in the preseason. Both the Cowboys and Patriots were defending Super Bowl Champions so they were able to overcome their poor pre-season records.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chase,

Though your unending nonsense and self-importance has been duly noted, I still gotta say, PRE-season may be important as a preparatory tool to get READY for the regular season.

Some players need to be LOOKED at, others need to be TESTED and the coaches need to work the bugs out of the team's plans.

If ALL the coaches came into preseason thinking that it is any more than an evaluation process, there wouldn't BE a PRE_SEASON.

By YOUR argument, you are saying that NFL shouldn't even HAVE a regular season, just go straight into playoffs from pre-season.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we've already been through this. preseason means absolutely nothing..ask Greg Dempson what happened in Spurrier's first regular season with the Redskins. he went 4-0 in the preseason all won in huge blowout fashion. just one small example.

preseason is a great way to see how your second team plays against the opposing second team though. whoopee!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
we've already been through this. preseason means absolutely nothing..ask Greg Dempson what happened in Spurrier's first regular season with the Redskins. he went 4-0 in the preseason all won in huge blowout fashion. just one small example.

preseason is a great way to see how your second team plays against the opposing second team though. whoopee!

I think the same can be said for the first 5-7 games of the regular season. It gives decent indication but is very disceiving

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
PackerChick said:
really scraped the bottom of the barrel for those picks.

packerchick-

ya gotta use the quote button in situations like this. Slick thought you were talking to him because you posted directly underneath him.

I guess I was talking to everyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts