1st Half impressions

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyle said /
Resorting to attacking kids is pretty pathetic.

Hiding behind kids when someone personally attacks you is even more pathetic.

go cheer for someother team, your "services are no longer needed here"

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pyle is right. The Pack did suck. I don't think we stuffed any run. I remember two 10 yard running plays back to back by cinci. At that point, I thought... "Oh boy..." I don't care if it is a preseason game. You guys are talking about the Bengals and Carson Palmer... Who? yeah, Carson Palmer, as if he is somebody.

Brett Favre didn't look good dropped passes or not, and how many times does he have to throw high heat over the middle and have it tipped for INT before he learns? At least McCarthy is aware of this. Hopefully he'll get him away from it. Btw, he damn near missed the wide open TD pass. He was throwing with accuracy in Green Bay last week and throwing with urgency this week.

Najeh needs to lower the boom on every run.

Harris rocks.

Woodson sucks.

Manuel, I didn't even see him. Did he do anything? He and Woodson better step it up. If their performances continue, I hope they get benched to light a fire.

What happened to establishing a running game?

I liked that they went for it on 4th and short and the on side kick.

I've learned from this preseason game that the Packers can't get motivated to enter hostile territory and punch the other team in the mouth.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Timmons said,

Brett Favre didn't look good dropped passes or not, and how many times does he have to throw high heat over the middle and have it tipped for INT before he learns? At least McCarthy is aware of this. Hopefully he'll get him away from it. Btw, he damn near missed the wide open TD pass. He was throwing with accuracy in Green Bay last week and throwing with urgency this week.

This is hysterical. Criticize the one good thing that happened, the TD pass he threw to Driver.

And oh Brett, don't throw the ball so hard, even though it hits your own receiver right in the hands, don't you know it's going to be interpreted by the "fans" as your fault?

"Throwing with urgency"?

You'd be throwing with urgency too when it's a damn jail break by the defensive line on every play, and your offensive line is running around like it's a ****ing Chinese fire-drill.....

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carson Palmer is a heisman winning QB, and one of the leagues top 5 QBs

he is somebody and he showed that monday night.....

Dont you guys remember the Oakland game, bretts 5 td's, its just one of them days. everything goes wrong, the other team has everything going for them... they are playing for something (bretts dad, Carsons knee) the home crowd was hyped for their heros return. i mean we looked terrible, but we had a bad opening and things just went downhill.... this time... we were the raiders.

im not writing it off as just a preseason game who cares... we got some things to fix for sure... but i dont think it was as bad as it seemed. it was just one of them days.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

Dont you guys remember the Oakland game, bretts 5 td's, its just one of them days. everything goes wrong, the other team has everything going for them... they are playing for something (bretts dad, Carsons knee) the home crowd was hyped for their heros return. i mean we looked terrible, but we had a bad opening and things just went downhill.... this time... we were the raiders.

im not writing it off as just a preseason game who cares... we got some things to fix for sure... but i dont think it was as bad as it seemed. it was just one of them days.

Bad days seem to be very frequent with the team lately. The truth is the lack of Talent on this team is glaring. The Bengals were faster, tougher, and more athletic than us. It was obvious. The lack of playmaking on this team stuck out like a sore thumb.

We never get a good pass rush, our blitzes don't work, the coverage was just pathetic by the corners, except Harris, the LB's were constantly out of position and could not cover anyone in pass coverage, The Safties were slow and late every on everyplay, it was a disaster.

The Offense wasn't any better. Running behind Spitz seems impossible, Wells didn't look good,Clifton struggled, the WR's look like high school guys, Jennings couldn't catch a cold, Martin dropped a gimme, Fergie stunk it up, Favre had pressure constantly, it was ineffective.

To me one of the biggest problems was Favre looked very uncomforatable in the pocket. He had really happy feet because he knew if he didn't throw it he was going to get nailed.

We were completely outcoached, the onside kick with 45 seconds left in the first half was boneheaded. McCarthy looked like he just got ran over by a freight train. This team has a long way to go

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Yeah, the Packers are having a rough game....I haven't said anything else about it being positive. I still like the team though and have good reason to question if you do.

We all like the Packers, and that's why we are here. However, pretending that there are not serious problems on this team is going to do absolutely squat towards solving them.

If you want to look at the team through green and gold glasses, that is your right (I do not specifically mean you NDPackerFan). However, this forum is for discussing ALL aspects of the team. That does not only mean making positive posts for when they win, it also means crtiticism when they completely drop the ball (pun intended).

Questioning people's loyalty as fans because they criticize abysmal play is one of the big reasons I have been spending less and less time on this forum as of late. True, Harris shut down Johnson, our punting was good and Favre was... well Favre. However, calling someone an idiot, ******* or questioning their loyalty as a fan because they point out that Favre, Harris and the punter are not going to win us games by themselves is ludicrous.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
first of all .... i think chad "gap tooth" clifton was the worst offensive linemen all night, he made spitz look like a 3rd year pro.

and finally, your right.... the green bay packers suck uncontrollably. they are the worst team in football. TT is an idiot. MM is the worst coach imaginable. Favre... well he sucks too. now go have fun beating off about being right.

does anyone else get the feeling that pyle is going to go home tonight, print out that i said he was right... like 1000 copies of it... mix in some newspaper clippings about how the packers suck and then lay them out on his bed. then proceeds to roll around in it. tossing it in the air and gleefully chanting oh god the packers suck, they really really suck.

if it looks like a vikings fan, smells like one, talks like one.... it must be one.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Packnic said:

Bad days seem to be very frequent with the team lately. The truth is the lack of Talent on this team is glaring. The Bengals were faster, tougher, and more athletic than us. It was obvious. The lack of playmaking on this team stuck out like a sore thumb.

We never get a good pass rush, our blitzes don't work, the coverage was just pathetic by the corners, except Harris, the LB's were constantly out of position and could not cover anyone in pass coverage, The Safties were slow and late every on everyplay, it was a disaster.

The Offense wasn't any better. Running behind Spitz seems impossible, Wells didn't look good,Clifton struggled, the WR's look like high school guys, Jennings couldn't catch a cold, Martin dropped a gimme, Fergie stunk it up, Favre had pressure constantly, it was ineffective.

To me one of the biggest problems was Favre looked very uncomforatable in the pocket. He had really happy feet because he knew if he didn't throw it he was going to get nailed.

We were completely outcoached, the onside kick with 45 seconds left in the first half was boneheaded. McCarthy looked like he just got ran over by a freight train. This team has a long way to go

Exactly Pyle..

and to add insult to injury, don't you think Al Harris is going to get increasingly pissed the Woodson making quite a bit more coin than he is this year? Another problem.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
Questioning people's loyalty as fans because they criticize abysmal play is one of the big reasons I have been spending less and less time on this forum as of late. True, Harris shut down Johnson, our punting was good and Favre was... well Favre. However, calling someone an idiot, ******* or questioning their loyalty as a fan because they point out that Favre, Harris and the punter are not going to win us games by themselves is ludicrous.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Great post bud. I don't mind the questioning, let them do so. I have nothing to prove to these internet nobodies. Believe me Robert, you are not the only one getting fed-up with these guys. I have an inbox of PM's with other people who don't much like these guys either.

In the end, they always make themselves look silly. Look at Trom's positives about this game. It's almost laughable. Look at Packnic's overreaction just a few posts up. Instead of debating the facts he explodes into some mumbled garbage about me sitting on my bed...blah,blah,blah.

It's sad, but in the end they look like morons and lose thier credibility. They can't accept being wrong and have no dog in the fight after a GB loss in which they were totally destroyed, so thats there only option to save face. To me, it transparent and quite funny

Reaction score

Well said Anubis, the reason for this forum is to discuss the many different views, and because one has such a different view on the Pack doesn't make them any less of a packer fan than someone else.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
What game did you people watch..are you crazy?

Packers @ Bengals Are you unstable?

Did you see how many drops there were, and the guy was hurried all night..The o-line made the Bengals D look like the '85 bears.

Did you see the fumble and the forced throws?

He wasn't great, but he wasn't awful either. That interception was right in Driver's hands....

Actually the throw was thrown way behind him and if Driver would of caught the ball it would of probably of been the catch of the year so far. It was a very poorly thrown pass that was forced in between 3 defenders. Maybe if you take off your green and gold #4 glasses you would see when a guy makes a mistake. He's only human and only 37.

Coupla more catches and his completion % is 65-70%....

With 2 turnovers that gave the Bengals 10 points in 7 minutes.
Yeah, but he sucked, right. Let's blame it all on him like last year!

You over exaggerate everything anyone says about Favre. If it's not Favre is the greatest you think we're blaming him for everything. Nobody blamed Favre for a year ago. I never said that. You seem to think I said that. Probably because you read what you want to see but that's not how things work. I said Favre played bad last year and he should be blamed along with everyone else who was a part of the Packers. The coaching, players, and the front office.

Do you guys finally see what real receivers look like? They play for Cincinnati...

You see what a potential MVP QB looks like? He plays in Cincy as well. Favre looked a lot like he did a year ago. He needs to improve as well as everyone else if this team is to do anything this year. Everyone including Favre has some work to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts