Your team would be crazy

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well we have bigger needs. but it is really tempting we could runa 2 TE lineup or use him as a deep threat. Then trade Javon for something. And it would help with Favre coming back.

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favorite book: The Bible

Seems like he has his head on straight. Even though I'm not religious at all, that is one of the things I like to see in a college player coming to the big leagues.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't expect Mario to be there at 5...But if he is, I'd take him over Davis.

I'm sure Mario's film is just as striking as Davis.

After that...well...Hmmmmm. You'd have to consider it. Personally, I think I'd stay with Franks, and take Hawk. None of this TE at WR stuff.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MajicMan said:
I don't expect Mario to be there at 5...But if he is, I'd take him over Davis.

I'm sure Mario's film is just as striking as Davis.

After that...well...Hmmmmm. You'd have to consider it. Personally, I think I'd stay with Franks, and take Hawk. None of this TE at WR stuff.

:D Mario has moved up to #3 in the draft list, while Young ,as I predicted in another post, has fallen to number 10 and Jay Cutler up to 11. TE Vernon Davis now listed at 7 right behine HUff while hawk stays at 5. And sadly there atre no WR's in the first couple of rounds with any size. There is one listed at50th; a Maurice Stovall from Notre dame at 6 - 5 and 222
lbs.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson has added Pickett, Manuel, Taylor, and possibly Charles Woodson on D. I think the possibility of drafting Hawk is becoming less likely, although Hawk and Barnett together would be rather entertaining.

I too like Davis & Franks in double TE sets. It kind of brings a nostalgia from the mid 90's.

Between Hawk, Davis, and Huff, I don't think there is a bad pick. But if Ferguson or Mario drop to us, we have to take that player. Please just say no to a quarterback Uncle Ted.

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
PackerTraxx said:
If we can't get Mario at #5 I hope we can trade down about 5 spots and get an extra #2.

That's not a bad idea...trade down to 10-ish and get Chad Greenway

Greenway would be a big reach anywhere in the top 15. If we were to trade down we could get huff who TT is interested in

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popcynical said:
Scout.com has Davis ranked as the 5th best player in the draft. We've got the 5th pick. Our new OC loves to make use of the TE. Interesting.

but he also has Mario Williams ranked as the 3rd best player in the draft, and btw Davis is ranked as the 7th best player... Hawk and Huff are ranked ahead of him!

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way we will trade dow, we will trade our 5th overall for a bunch of 4ths and 5th rounders for this draft and the upcoming ones, TT likes cheap players and I dont think he will keep that fifth..

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dannychau22 said:
JavonWalker084 said:
PackerTraxx said:
If we can't get Mario at #5 I hope we can trade down about 5 spots and get an extra #2.

That's not a bad idea...trade down to 10-ish and get Chad Greenway

Greenway would be a big reach anywhere in the top 15. If we were to trade down we could get huff who TT is interested in

Huff would go to either SF at 6 or Detroit at 9...Wow I wasn't aware that Greenway's stock fell like it did

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take OL Ferguson over Davis. This guy is reportedly best tackle to come out since Pace and our two tackles are getting older. Tauscher could play guard also and put Ferguson at tackle.
At number 5 my first pick would be Hawk, the only decent linebacker we have now is Barnett.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts