Your Favorite Player at Each Position

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Not who you think is going to be the best player, not who you think the Packers will take, but your personal favorite at each spot. Be disciplined! Just one player per...

QB- J. McCarthy, Michigan: I love McCarthy. He's a good athlete, he has great pocket feel, he has a plus arm, he makes NFL throws, he was good on money downs... he just didn't throw it a lot because of the team/offense that he was a part of. If you told me that only one QB prospect from this class would be a long-term plus starter and I had to guess, it would be McCarthy.

RB- J. Wright, Tennessee: Wright has juice to break the big run and has the size to do just about whatever you would want. He's only 20 years old, has limited wear on his body, is a talented pass catcher, and seems to be ahead of most prospects in terms of protection.

TE- B. Sinnott, Kansas State: Sinnott is a good athlete with reliable hands who has the strength and desire to block effectively on the move; he would make a great H-Back.

WR- X. Legette, South Carolina: He's not refined, he's a late bloomer, and he's a one year wonder. But Legette is big, powerful, and fast. He's a YAC weapon, a nasty blocker, and he mosses people at the catch point. He's the perfect guy to round out GB's corps if they want a receiver.

OT- B. Fisher, Notre Dame: Fisher is being overlooked because he plays across from Joe Alt, but he has everything you want in a starting tackle-- size, technique, athleticism, length, versatility. He just turned 21 too.

iOL- G. Barton, Duke: The Packers' thresholds work on the OL better than anywhere else and he's the platonic ideal of the perfect GB offensive lineman.

DT- M. Hall Jr, Ohio State: Hall is a little light (290#), but he has a big frame (75th% wingspan) and he rushes with a lot of explosive movement. He's another prospect who is only 20 years old.

LB- C. Gray, LB, North Carolina: I don't think Gray gets enough love in this class. He's a good athlete, he plays the run and the pass equally well relative to the position. He's young but he has a ton of production in the ACC. 30 TFL, 8.5 SACKS, 5 INT, 13 PBU, 6 FF the last three seasons.

CB- M. Melton, CB, Rutgers: When I consider Melton's size, athleticism, production, coaching, and versatility, it's hard for me to imagine a better fit for Green Bay.

S- C. Bishop, S, Utah: In keeping with my theme-- young, high end athlete, multiple years of production. Has the size and mentality to play SS most of the time but could give them snaps deep to keep offenses on their toes.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB - I’ll go Pratt…this is a mixture of the value being a major factor for the chance of a special upside. Pratt has all the intangibles I want from a QB, and some refinement needed with the tangibles could yield a QB that will shock people in a few years with how capable and athletic he is.

RB - I am also a Wright guy but for diversity I’ll go Trey Benson. To me he may be the most well rounded RB across the board…can smash when needed, juice to get outside, strength to stay low and keep his feet, hands in the passing game and capable blocker. I see no trait where he is less than a 7 out of 10 if talking grades.

H Back - Sinnott is my #1 of course but again to add diversity to the post I absolutely am a believer in Jaheim Bell from FSU. Dude was a running back even at South Carolina, willing and capable blocker who excels in receiving too. Athletic smaller framed TE like Sinnott that is not getting enough love. Personally folks would hate it but I see third round value with him.

TE - Theo Johnson. If we wanted to add a third all around athletic freak to Kraft and Musgrave and just have the best young all around style TE Theo is a nearly starting level version of the athletic Simms we already have and is everything folks hoped Tyler Davis would be before injury. He instantly is a third TE that eliminates a big drop in play should one of the top two go down.

WR - Legette…see @Dantés post for reasons.

OT - Roger Rosengarten. Javon Foster has been my Zach Tom of this draft but I’ll give a younger bit more raw OT physical phenom I think could be insanely good if given time not forced into starting. RR is young, tested through the roof and held his own against top flight rushers when they presented themselves.

iOL - Beaux Limmer. I think Limmer could be an all pro center or guard for a team by 2025 and is one reason why I love him for GB. Could be our starter at RG or serve as RG2 and C2 in 2024 with 2025 the planned replacement for Myers. If you want Beaux you better use a Day2 because he is that good IMO.

LB - Jordan Magee only because Gray was already shared about. Magee is an older prospect but for a Day3 guy I think you instantly could have a starting level off ball LB with a ton of athleticism but more importantly high football IQ. High character guy as well which is a GB type trait which doesn’t get talked about enough.

Edge - I’ll go Gabriel Murphy. A late Day2 type prospect that has the body size to be a down edge or stand depending on role and call - pressure machine in a UCLA group of rushers that is hard to stand out in - he did just that often.

DL - Fiske from FSU. He is everything I want and more for a down defensive lineman. Hands are insane, first and second step are insane…his strength and ability to sink hips and plant are excellent. I personally think he is our #2 from day one if drafted by us.

Safety - Cole Bishop was mine as well…so I’ll bring up my favorite late third or fourth rounder - Malik Mustapha from Wake Forest. Dude is built like a safety version of DK Metcalf and checks EVERY Green Bay box. Cannot imagine what he could be for us as he does so so much well.

CB - I’ll bring up Cam Hart here. Big and tall CB that still moves better than many of the smaller and slighter types. Enjoys but is still refining his press man skills - I think sharing a room with Jaire would really help him grow at the next level. Would bring some security to a room with a ton of promise but a lot of uncertainty with Ballantine, Valentine and Stokes all unproven, young or recovering from injury.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay I’ll share a WR as well as I took the easy way out and said just read @Dantés .

I’ll go DEEP guy I love and think could grow into something is Hayden Hatten as a 7th rounder or UDFA priority. He’s from Idaho and has been just a jump ball and yard MONSTER!

He has good short and intermediate speed but doesn’t have the long speed, but that’s fine he isn’t a burner. His footwork and route running shows above average traits and his ability to know his body placement and use his hands to catch make him an excellent possession style receiver. RAS of just under 7 makes him a late rounder type where GB may consider. Use to the cold and a ST contributor if needed for sure.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
QB - I’ll go Pratt…this is a mixture of the value being a major factor for the chance of a special upside. Pratt has all the intangibles I want from a QB, and some refinement needed with the tangibles could yield a QB that will shock people in a few years with how capable and athletic he is.

RB - I am also a Wright guy but for diversity I’ll go Trey Benson. To me he may be the most well rounded RB across the board…can smash when needed, juice to get outside, strength to stay low and keep his feet, hands in the passing game and capable blocker. I see no trait where he is less than a 7 out of 10 if talking grades.

H Back - Sinnott is my #1 of course but again to add diversity to the post I absolutely am a believer in Jaheim Bell from FSU. Dude was a running back even at South Carolina, willing and capable blocker who excels in receiving too. Athletic smaller framed TE like Sinnott that is not getting enough love. Personally folks would hate it but I see third round value with him.

TE - Theo Johnson. If we wanted to add a third all around athletic freak to Kraft and Musgrave and just have the best young all around style TE Theo is a nearly starting level version of the athletic Simms we already have and is everything folks hoped Tyler Davis would be before injury. He instantly is a third TE that eliminates a big drop in play should one of the top two go down.

WR - Legette…see @Dantés post for reasons.

OT - Roger Rosengarten. Javon Foster has been my Zach Tom of this draft but I’ll give a younger bit more raw OT physical phenom I think could be insanely good if given time not forced into starting. RR is young, tested through the roof and held his own against top flight rushers when they presented themselves.

iOL - Beaux Limmer. I think Limmer could be an all pro center or guard for a team by 2025 and is one reason why I love him for GB. Could be our starter at RG or serve as RG2 and C2 in 2024 with 2025 the planned replacement for Myers. If you want Beaux you better use a Day2 because he is that good IMO.

LB - Jordan Magee only because Gray was already shared about. Magee is an older prospect but for a Day3 guy I think you instantly could have a starting level off ball LB with a ton of athleticism but more importantly high football IQ. High character guy as well which is a GB type trait which doesn’t get talked about enough.

Edge - I’ll go Gabriel Murphy. A late Day2 type prospect that has the body size to be a down edge or stand depending on role and call - pressure machine in a UCLA group of rushers that is hard to stand out in - he did just that often.

DL - Fiske from FSU. He is everything I want and more for a down defensive lineman. Hands are insane, first and second step are insane…his strength and ability to sink hips and plant are excellent. I personally think he is our #2 from day one if drafted by us.

Safety - Cole Bishop was mine as well…so I’ll bring up my favorite late third or fourth rounder - Malik Mustapha from Wake Forest. Dude is built like a safety version of DK Metcalf and checks EVERY Green Bay box. Cannot imagine what he could be for us as he does so so much well.

CB - I’ll bring up Cam Hart here. Big and tall CB that still moves better than many of the smaller and slighter types. Enjoys but is still refining his press man skills - I think sharing a room with Jaire would really help him grow at the next level. Would bring some security to a room with a ton of promise but a lot of uncertainty with Ballantine, Valentine and Stokes all unproven, young or recovering from injury.
Is this a better than average draft class in your opinion?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't have a lot of favorites

RB. Wright
S. Cooper DeJean
DL Jenkins
WR Coleman - the 2nd most natural receiver in the draft
TE [H] Sinnot
CB Storm Duck - only because of his name
OL Graham Barton versatility and an attitude. Perfect.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Okay I’ll share a WR as well as I took the easy way out and said just read @Dantés .

I’ll go DEEP guy I love and think could grow into something is Hayden Hatten as a 7th rounder or UDFA priority. He’s from Idaho and has been just a jump ball and yard MONSTER!

He has good short and intermediate speed but doesn’t have the long speed, but that’s fine he isn’t a burner. His footwork and route running shows above average traits and his ability to know his body placement and use his hands to catch make him an excellent possession style receiver. RAS of just under 7 makes him a late rounder type where GB may consider. Use to the cold and a ST contributor if needed for sure.

I've seen Hatten play live and the ball skills are real. I'm not saying he's this player in the pros, but stylistically he's in the mold of James Jones.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen Hatten play live and the ball skills are real. I'm not saying he's this player in the pros, but stylistically he's in the mold of James Jones.

I can see the comp play style wise, especially at the level he played at.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this a better than average draft class in your opinion?

Top shelf talent is not as abundant IMO. However given the experienced and amount of covid year players the depth is solid as ever. There will be guys I love going into UDFA due to just the number of guys with a lot of film and or experience.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Top shelf talent is not as abundant IMO. However given the experienced and amount of covid year players the depth is solid as ever. There will be guys I love going into UDFA due to just the number of guys with a lot of film and or experience.
Ok, well how many of our 11 draft picks do you expect to be starters next season?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, well how many of our 11 draft picks do you expect to be starters next season?
Next as in 2025 or this next season?

Truthfully depending on position I think this year’s draft could bring three at most starters but likely one or two with a couple playing time types.

Honestly too tough to predict without knowing profiles added. Could be zero and be a stellar group of draftees…or could be five and stellar.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I meant 2024. I was thinking three at the max.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I meant 2024. I was thinking three at the max.
I'm thinking there are up to 6 starting spots a rookie could fill that are in play. Opposite JA23, other safety, next to Walker, and 3 on the OL. Tom and Jenkins will be 2 of the starting 5 somewhere on the line. May not take until week 6 for this but barring injuries only up to about 16 spots are locks. I would be mildly surprised if weeks 1-2 it's more than 2 or 3 though. Could also see high rotation snaps at RB, Ed, nickel, HB, DL. All that said, to get 6 rookie starters from one draft means we really were not as good as we thought (5 mins from NFCCG), we lost a lot in FA (we didn't), or Gute should be GM of the year.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I absolutely abhor the thought of playing 3 rookie starters on the offensive line. That would be a complete train wreck. One is plenty enough for me thank you.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CB- M. Melton, CB, Rutgers: When I consider Melton's size, athleticism, production, coaching, and versatility, it's hard for me to imagine a better fit for Green Bay.
Plus, I thnk that intangibles like the way someone is brought up matter. The organization already knows his big brother, and seem to think very highly of him in terns of intangibles like character, work ethic, good teammate, etc. - and they probably feel comfortable assuming that the younger one will be a good egg too.

I love Bo and have high hopes for him, but from what I've seen and heard regarding Max, I can't help thinking his upside at his position may be better than Bo's. If Gute thinks he's a good value at whatever pick, I'd be excited to Packer him up.

S- C. Bishop, S, Utah: In keeping with my theme-- young, high end athlete, multiple years of production. Has the size and mentality to play SS most of the time but could give them snaps deep to keep offenses on their toes.
I love this guy, everything about him. I like the way he rose to the occasion at the combine, and absolutely rocked the house. That was a high-pressure, high stakes moment, and he stepped up to it.

He has a very aggressive attitude, but plays with intelligence and discipline. Maybe not a sideine-to-sideline guy, but has the build and the toughness to work in the box. I think he'd be a perfect fit with McKinney, whose experience and versatility would compliment him and help him learn fast on the job.

Last edited: