YEh its another mock but its good

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Round one, pick 5. AJ Hawk- Defense wins championships and this guy could help us become that dominant defense that a super bowl team needs. With a pick as high as number five you have to take an impact player like Hawk, not a guy like D’brickashaw.

Round two, pick 36. D’Qwell Jackson- His only cut may be his size. However he has good pass coverage skills and a nose for the ball. (He led the NCAA in tackles with 137). We could then keep Barnett in the middle and have AJ and him on the outside. Now that is one good line backing core.

Round two, pick 67. Chris Chester- We need help on the offensive line and this guy could be a long term answer at center. He has good size at 6’3 and 303 lbs. He is smart but doesn’t have all that much strength. In a blocking scheme like ours he may flourish.

Round four, pick 104. Brandon Williams- The Packers haven’t had a decent return game for a while and this guy could end that. The Badgers have produced some good wide receivers (see Chris chambers) and with this guy they could be sending out another pro bowler.

Round five, pick 139. Mark Setterstrom- At 6’3 and 295 this could be great in our zone blocking scheme. He has started all 38 games in collage and they ran a zone blocking scheme there as well. This guy could be a great late round pick.

Round five, pick 165. I’m going to go with another wide out from Wisconsin here, Brandon Orr. He is a 6’3 190lb blazing fast wide receiver, what’s not to like. I don’t think that this position is the most needed; however I think that this kids potential is very high.

Round seven, pick 253. We need one more corner at least so with the final pick the packers select Dee McCann of California. He has good size (5’11) and 200lbs and decent speed for a CB. We absolutely need to rid ourselves of Ahmad.

OP
OP
G

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Round one, pick 5. AJ Hawk- Defense wins championships and this guy could help us become that dominant defense that a super bowl team needs. With a pick as high as number five you have to take an impact player like Hawk, not a guy like D’brickashaw.

Round two, pick 36. D’Qwell Jackson- His only cut may be his size. However he has good pass coverage skills and a nose for the ball. (He led the NCAA in tackles with 137). We could then keep Barnett in the middle and have AJ and him on the outside. Now that is one good line backing core.

Round two, pick 67. Chris Chester- We need help on the offensive line and this guy could be a long term answer at center. He has good size at 6’3 and 303 lbs. He is smart but doesn’t have all that much strength. In a blocking scheme like ours he may flourish.

Round four, pick 104. Brandon Williams- The Packers haven’t had a decent return game for a while and this guy could end that. The Badgers have produced some good wide receivers (see Chris chambers) and with this guy they could be sending out another pro bowler.

Round five, pick 139. Mark Setterstrom- At 6’3 and 295 this could be great in our zone blocking scheme. He has started all 38 games in collage and they ran a zone blocking scheme there as well. This guy could be a great late round pick.

Round five, pick 165. I’m going to go with another wide out from Wisconsin here, Brandon Orr. He is a 6’3 190lb blazing fast wide receiver, what’s not to like. I don’t think that this position is the most needed; however I think that this kids potential is very high.

Round seven, pick 253. We need one more corner at least so with the final pick the packers select Dee McCann of California. He has good size (5’11) and 200lbs and decent speed for a CB. We absolutely need to rid ourselves of Ahmad.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom told me I should post mine, so here goes.

1st round (5th overall): OLB A.J. Hawk, Ohio State University.

A.J. Hawk has had a brilliant career at Ohio State, making 1st team all Big Ten twice and first team all America last season. He has exceptional speed and incredible tenacity. He would step in immediately as the starter in Green Bay.

2nd round (36th overall): OG Davin Joseph, University of Oklahoma.

It's obvious we need a Guard, with the sub-par play of Whitticker and Klemm last season. Joseph will probably be the best interior lineman available at this spot. At 310 pounds and a 40 time just over 5 seconds, plus considerable strength, Joseph can slim down a bit and be a terrific athletic lineman, or bulk up a bit and be a big, strong, inside run blocker.

3rd round (67th overall): WR Demetrius Williams, University of Oregon.

With Javon Walker a question mark, and Rod Gardner and Robert Ferguson never playing up to their potential, the Pack would like to add another WR. At 6'2", Williams has good size, and his 4.46 40 time is solid. Williams has been a mediocre route runner in his college career, and he lacks elite speed, but he still has great potential for a 3rd rounder.

4th round (104th overall): C Patrick Ross, Boston College.

With the departure of Mike Flanagan, the Packers lack a legitimate starting center. While the 4th round of the NFL draft isn't the best place to get one, Ross is a player that could be a legitimate NFL starter. He needs to bulk up, but his sub 5 second 40 time is impressive for a day 2 lineman. In addition, he comes from a program known to produce excellent lineman, and the scouting report says that he always gives 110%.

5th round (139th overall): HB Mike Bell, University of Arizona.

With Ahman Green and Najeh Davenport coming off injuries, and Samkon Gado making no secrets about his desire to go to med school, the Packers could stand to take a HB for insurance reason. Bell is very good between the tackles, and his 4.55 speed isn't great, but damn good for a day 2 HB with his power.

5th round (165th overall): DT Montavious Stanley, Louisville University.

Let's not lie. Grady Jackson isn't getting any younger, and Colin Cole isn't that good. Why not add a little depth and put some pressure on these 2? Stanley is a big guy that has shown the ability to stuff the run and provide an occasional pass rush. He has slowly but surely improved his stats each year, having his best season as a senior.

7th round (253rd overall): WR/QB/S Michael Robinson, Penn State University.

Michael Robinson made a name for himself this season as he led Penn State to a share of the Big Ten title. Due to his possible lack of a true pro position, it is likely that Robinson will fall into the 7th round. However, his strong arm, 4.55 40 time, and experience as a WR make him a solid gamble. Robinson could be a legitimate backup QB, backup safety, or 3-4 wide reciever. Even though he'll probably never be an NFL starter, it's a good value to get a possible addition to depth at 3 positions.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't like back to back LB's. We have Manning and Popinga. Both Green Bay thinks highly of and both we look to emerge. WE've signed Taylor to be the SLB.

I think we'll go LB in either round 1 or 2. Perhaps Hawk in round 1. If not maybe Thomas Howard or Jackson in round 2.

Members online

Latest posts