Wow.....Colts are not kidding around-youth indeed

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Word is Freeney is on the trade block.

And tonight this.

@
mchappell51: Source says Colts have terminated contracts of Brackett, Clark, Addai, Bullitt. "It's a whole new team,'' source said.

Oh and Painter is gone.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
You know all those guys cut have had A LOT of injury issues too so keeping just Mathis (who is always healthy) does not shock me. Brackett lost his job last year to Pat Angerer too. Clark lost it to Tamme almost. Addai is a rough one though.....and an excellent blocker.

The Colts have cap room now but next year will have MAJOR cap room. Next offseason the Colts can really play with FA.

Bob Kravitz
@
bkravitz

Bullitt and Brackett were injury issues, Clark isn't worth the cap hit, Addai had nothing left in the tank...and Painter is Painter.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Curtis is going home to play Painter on his house. He won't be painting it blue and white after they cut him lol

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Colts fans flipping tonight over todays cuts. But, these are guys not very healthy lately. Addai is the one I will miss the most. He has shoulder issues off and on but is a good blocker. Clark was one of my faves but the last few years have been a mess for him. Bullitt is an overrated as hell safety. The replacement for Bob Sanders always sucked. He misses so many freaking tackles. Brackett lost his job to Angerer.

I am almost suprised they signed Mathis to a long term deal. But, he is healthy and still young enough. Bethea is in the same boat. Mathis and Bethea have been rocks here.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Curtis is going home to play Painter on his house. He won't be painting it blue and white after they cut him lol

At the very least Painter deserves a press conference.

Hey Bogart, what do you think about Denver doing what they can to get Peyton? I hear Elway is pulling out all the stops tonight. I don't want to know what they are even talking about to be honest.

Dude, Peyton. Denver is overrated......and the Tebow crazies will be after you.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
At the very least Painter deserves a press conference.

Hey Bogart, what do you think about Denver doing what they can to get Peyton? I hear Elway is pulling out all the stops tonight. I don't want to know what they are even talking about to be honest.

Dude, Peyton. Denver is overrated......and the Tebow crazies will be after you.

It's actually funny.

All their fans are devoted to Tebow, but it proves Elway sees past him and probably has been banging his head against the wall yelling "Why did that ******* I fired, have to draft him!?".

Still hate Denver, but Peyton going there is actually smart.

Tebow is a product of that defense that totally improved half way through the season. But if they had a good quarterback to throw the ball, they'd really be winning games.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
What they do with Tebow would be the question. I don't think Peyton wanted to be with Luck from what I heard at times. Like you have one or two years then Luck takes over.

Now he wants to help groom Tebow and also have Tebow mania?

My guess is they will have to trade Tebow IMO. Jaguars?!

Ewww.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
My friend is predicting that if they pick up Manning, they will get rid of Tebow, and then he goes to the Jaguars rofllmfao

That's exactly where Timmy boy belongs anyway, since the Jags can't sell out, they can fill a stadium with his delusional fans that argue how much better he will be than Elway in a few years rofl

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Then if this happens I am a big irked at Peyton for SENDING TEBOW TO OUR DIVISION.:(

This might be Peyton's revenge.

Thanks Manning. Now the Colts might have to deal with Tebow mania twice a year.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
See from what Dungy said......he feels Peyton needs a "comfort factor" in a new team. Denver has cap space right? They may be able to bring in Peyton and a few old faces like Wayne. Maybe Clark now that he is gone. Addai is they want a backup RB. Saturday if they need someone on the o line to miss blocks.

I am not sure how much money Miami and Arizona can actually spend but I don't think they have as much as Denver.

Now Peyton be careful. It gets cold in Denver. You are an indoor QB with an achy back/neck.

I also don't see how Peyton would be "comfortable" with his backup being Tebow.....no way in hell.

I firmly believe this is Elway's best shot to dump Timmy. Get Peyton and the fans have to understand because it's PEYTON.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Word is Freeney is on the trade block.

And tonight this.

@
mchappell51: Source says Colts have terminated contracts of Brackett, Clark, Addai, Bullitt. "It's a whole new team,'' source said.

Oh and Painter is gone.
Painters GONE! NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Ok maybe thats a bit too much. Ok Ok it's WAY too much. Earlier I said Colts go 6-10. I'd like to ammend that please. The Colts new record for 2012 season is 4-12.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Painters GONE! NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Ok maybe thats a bit too much. Ok Ok it's WAY too much. Earlier I said Colts go 6-10. I'd like to ammend that please. The Colts new record for 2012 season is 4-12.

The beauty for next years Colts is that expectations will be at a new all time low. The ceiling I hear for predictions is 6 to 7 wins but the lowest is 2. I think many feel if we won 2 with the first place schedule with half the team on IR and with Painter/Caldwell we might squeeze out a few with Luck/Pagano.

And for me it does not bother me one bit. I am enjoying the low expectations for a change. There will be some pressure on Luck, but then again until I know what the team around him may look like at the end of preseason it is near impossible for me to predict what this team will look like with so many new players and a completely new staff and gm. The only real veterans on D from the Dungy days are Mathis and Bethea. A few newbs like Angerer already earned the starting jobs due to guys like Brackett aging and getting hurt. Melvin Bullitt sucked. Clark was always hurt. Addai is hurt off and on a lot. This team became SO BRITTLE.

A few FAs might be brought in.....

It's going to be interesting to see what they come up with. Any wins or signs of good things will be appreciated.

This is from a die hard though who sticks with the team no matter what. Some "Colts fans" on the forums are Peyton fans. Some are waiting for his new team since I think they are going to follow him there. Some have said they will do so even though all these AFC teams have been a rival of the Colts at one time. My second team is the Packers and always has been, this won't change. I don't care for any of the teams Peyton has rumored interest in and all. I wish him good luck in health but won't be rooting for his team to win it all.

The expectations for Peyton's new team though will be sky high. It will be SB or bust. The fanbases of the teams Peyton is looking at seem to expect the world too based on many posts.

Overall nobody is expecting much in Indy right now.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The beauty for next years Colts is that expectations will be at a new all time low. The ceiling I hear for predictions is 6 to 7 wins but the lowest is 2. I think many feel if we won 2 with the first place schedule with half the team on IR and with Painter/Caldwell we might squeeze out a few with Luck/Pagano.

And for me it does not bother me one bit. I am enjoying the low expectations for a change. There will be some pressure on Luck, but then again until I know what the team around him may look like at the end of preseason it is near impossible for me to predict what this team will look like with so many new players and a completely new staff and gm. The only real veterans on D from the Dungy days are Mathis and Bethea. A few newbs like Angerer already earned the starting jobs due to guys like Brackett aging and getting hurt. Melvin Bullitt sucked. Clark was always hurt. Addai is hurt off and on a lot. This team became SO BRITTLE.

A few FAs might be brought in.....

It's going to be interesting to see what they come up with. Any wins or signs of good things will be appreciated.

This is from a die hard though who sticks with the team no matter what. Some "Colts fans" on the forums are Peyton fans. Some are waiting for his new team since I think they are going to follow him there. Some have said they will do so even though all these AFC teams have been a rival of the Colts at one time. My second team is the Packers and always has been, this won't change. I don't care for any of the teams Peyton has rumored interest in and all. I wish him good luck in health but won't be rooting for his team to win it all.

The expectations for Peyton's new team though will be sky high. It will be SB or bust. The fanbases of the teams Peyton is looking at seem to expect the world too based on many posts.

Overall nobody is expecting much in Indy right now.
I'm the opposite on the teams. Even though I'm from IN. I'm a die hard Packers fan then a Colts fan

Members online

Latest posts