Would Aaron Rodgers be a better choice in 2006 ANYWAY?

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can ask Zero to tell his pizza delivery friend to relay the message to Brett~!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Did you know that Ahman was playing the last few games of last year (2004) injured and it continued to bother him through the next (2005) season until it finally gave out? That would probably explain why he was slower, or atleast appeared slower.

I didn't know that but he did seem slower at times, thanks Z2C !!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Zero2Cool said:
Did you know that Ahman was playing the last few games of last year (2004) injured and it continued to bother him through the next (2005) season until it finally gave out? That would probably explain why he was slower, or atleast appeared slower.

I didn't know that but he did seem slower at times, thanks Z2C !!!

Np. I hope he comes back 100% this year and kicks some booty though. If not then he should probably be swapped to third down back in favor of Gado starting.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing I want to see Rodgers doing next year is holding a clipboard. Man......somebody is losing whatever credibility he had left.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
The only thing I want to see Rodgers doing next year is holding a clipboard. Man......somebody is losing whatever credibility he had left.

same here,Depack, you obviously didnt comprehend what I was saying.

Im saying Brett with a bad oline and injured WRs= bad things

So lets get him a better o-line with healthy WRs!

ps- nice cheapshot attempt, swing and a miss

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:

I have creditablity? Rock on! :p

I would say I'd rather see Rodgers holding a clipboard next year, however that is a vague statement which I'm sure alludes to the notion Brett's return. BUT if Brett retires and you get what you want, who would that QB be? Andre Ware? See the door you left open!!! lol

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2-14? you mean brett would only get 1 or 2 more wins than brett did in 2005?

you better not let P@ck66 see that. lol.

Lets just fix the line(draft\june) and get a WR or 2 (lucas!) and get brett back!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Lets just fix the line(draft\june) and get a WR or 2 (lucas!) and get brett back!

What?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
tromadz said:

What?

He means to say 2 - 14 is absurd with our schedule. Barring another castostrophic injury plagued season we will win atleast 6 games. Remember the weight room is going to be much better this year because no more fairy weights, we got free weights.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is a better QB than Rodgers, period. Rodgers is going to make lots of mistakes if he starts this year, even IF he has a better supporting cast than Favre did last year. But in the long run it would be better for Rodgers to start this year so he can either gain valuable experience or prove himself to be a bust so the Packers can find another QB.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Favre is a better QB than Rodgers, period. Rodgers is going to make lots of mistakes if he starts this year, even IF he has a better supporting cast than Favre did last year. But in the long run it would be better for Rodgers to start this year so he can either gain valuable experience or prove himself to be a bust so the Packers can find another QB.

Does Favre being a better QB mean more wins then Rodgers would get?

I forgot my theory here, nevermind. I seen Pepper Dennis bend over and completely lost train of thought.

ILOVETHEPACK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
No if you saw Rodgers play in 2005 during Training Camp and preseason you'll know this guy is a BUST waiting to happen. I think he may be worse than Harrington. I have no confidence in Rodgers. I didn't think we should of drafted him last year. I liked Campbell and I really liked Charlie Fyre better last year.

Amen brother Amen- :agree: I think that the Packers got caught up in the hype over Rodgers. You can see when a QB plays that they either have the magic or they are a bust. I have watched film on Rodgers from college and he was a "ok college QB" but remember how different the NFL is. I hope that I am wrong, and this is just my opinion. I alos have no confidence in A-ROD.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but, God, it KILLS me that we wasted our #1 pick on him! (and i'm willing to bet that's what is going on with so many others, too) but PLEASE don't draft Vince Young. he is one busted knee or twisted ankle away from being a distant NFL memory

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DePack said:
tromadz said:

What?

He means..He thinks that having Brett Favre over Aaron Rodgers only gives The Packers 1-2 more wins per year...

RIGHT!

A f***in' rookie is almost as good as your HOF QB who is poised to smash all of Marino's passing records in the NFL...

Now I tell you..does that make ANY kind of sense...?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:

I have creditablity? Rock on! :p

I would say I'd rather see Rodgers holding a clipboard next year, however that is a vague statement which I'm sure alludes to the notion Brett's return. BUT if Brett retires and you get what you want, who would that QB be? Andre Ware? See the door you left open!!! lol

Andre Ware! Theres a name from the past! (I used to call him LONG Andre Ware) How about Todd Marinovich??? :lol:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ILOVETHEPACK said:
porky88 said:
No if you saw Rodgers play in 2005 during Training Camp and preseason you'll know this guy is a BUST waiting to happen. I think he may be worse than Harrington. I have no confidence in Rodgers. I didn't think we should of drafted him last year. I liked Campbell and I really liked Charlie Fyre better last year.

Amen brother Amen- :agree: I think that the Packers got caught up in the hype over Rodgers. You can see when a QB plays that they either have the magic or they are a bust. I have watched film on Rodgers from college and he was a "ok college QB" but remember how different the NFL is. I hope that I am wrong, and this is just my opinion. I alos have no confidence in A-ROD.

I'm not the loner on this after all.. :p

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe this is one of TT's biggest problems and why he is also reluctant to sign big time players to multi-year contracts. He doesn't know if this kid can play or not. Nobody does and nobody will until he gets his chance. If, in fact, he doesn't work out, TT will need to have some cash available to pick up somebody else.
It was bad enough last year when we got in a box money wise and couldn't make many moves when we lost our guards. If we do that again and end up needing a QB we're really up a creek.

Members online

Latest posts