Worthy is killing me.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a rookie that hasn't even seen the regular season yet. How is he a bust? It takes some time to get used to new assignments and positions. Think of Raji's first season and ask yourself if we should have labeled him a bust then. The guy everyone is wanting some DE to become (namely, Cullen Jenkins) wasn't the "best inside rusher in the nfl" until he was a few seasons in.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we wait a few regular season games before judging Worthy? He needs time to learn the position and gain experience. The defense will improve asthe year progresses.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a rookie that hasn't even seen the regular season yet. How is he a bust? It takes some time to get used to new assignments and positions. Think of Raji's first season and ask yourself if we should have labeled him a bust then. The guy everyone is wanting some DE to become (namely, Cullen Jenkins) wasn't the "best inside rusher in the nfl" until he was a few seasons in.
Jenkins was cut by the Packers twice.

Cheesehead625: Explain how he looks terrible. I don't see anything special - yet, but I haven't seen anything I would describe as 'terrible'. Also, how is he the one player that we need to not bust? I think there is far more pressure on Perry than Worthy. And we have more talent backing up DE than OLB at this point.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too early. Our right tackle was terrible his first year and he turned it around.

Some players have a big learning curve when they get to this level. Alot of guys, for the first time in their life, can't just dominate based on their size and natural ability. It's like they get punched in the mouth. The great ones get up and put in work and get better. Others just curl up in a fetal position and give up.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. Guy isn't an instant HOF'er his rookie season. We should just cut him now.

Reaction score
He's a rookie that hasn't even seen the regular season yet. How is he a bust? It takes some time to get used to new assignments and positions.
Are you kidding! He should be the best of his position by now!! Especially as a 2nd rounder! Wow. I can't believe we drafted him!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Didn't we say the same thing about Rodgers years ago? Give time and chances. OR Jarret Bush, the most hated Packer is one of the best ST players in the league and he keeps going and giving it his all, even after making boneheaded mistakes.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
All this after just 4 preseason games where they likely didn't have him show much if any of his potential, all this for a rookie who has yet to learn much of anything.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Way too early to make a call on any of our draft picks. But I will say one thing on behalf of the OP to try and stifle the hate this thread has generated. Worthy up until now has looked a little lost out there. The explosive first step we have heard about hasn't been on display YET. Wait until he lines up with raji matthews and perry teams will be sooo worried about the other guys we could possibly see him get a chance to exploit some favorable situations this season. The book is totatlly not written yet on worthy and hope to see him improve greatly this year and the next few.

L

Lunchboxer

Way too soon to judge a player only on a few pre season games in his rookie year.

Gotta give him a season to fully judge.

Dont expect instant HOF performance from a guy straight out of collage.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Way too soon to judge a player only on a few pre season games in his rookie year.

Gotta give him a season to fully judge.

Dont expect instant HOF performance from a guy straight out of collage.

Give him a couple seasons even. Lots of players don't develop til later. Driver is a good example

OP
OP
ThePerfectBeard

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins was cut by the Packers twice.

Cheesehead625: Explain how he looks terrible. I don't see anything special - yet, but I haven't seen anything I would describe as 'terrible'. Also, how is he the one player that we need to not bust? I think there is far more pressure on Perry than Worthy. And we have more talent backing up DE than OLB at this point.

Sorry guys haven't checked in for a bit. I guess I worded that wrong... It's not that he's guaranteed to bust, he's just really worrying me. I know it's pretty soon to judge rookies, but I've been watching him get pushed off the ball consistently without double teams. That to me is scary. The reason being, he doesn't necessarily have to get in the back field, but at least stay in the middle of a play when you're not being double teamed. Everyone thinks an outside linebacker is what we need, but in truth it's a DE. We need a strong push from our front 3 and it seems like we are still struggling with this. That's why he cannot bust.

Sorry guys, not trying to be negative. Just a little concerned about him.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry guys haven't checked in for a bit. I guess I worded that wrong... It's not that he's guaranteed to bust, he's just really worrying me. I know it's pretty soon to judge rookies, but I've been watching him get pushed off the ball consistently without double teams. That to me is scary. The reason being, he doesn't necessarily have to get in the back field, but at least stay in the middle of a play when you're not being double teamed. Everyone thinks an outside linebacker is what we need, but in truth it's a DE. We need a strong push from our front 3 and it seems like we are still struggling with this. That's why he cannot bust.

Sorry guys, not trying to be negative. Just a little concerned about him.
You shouldn't be counting on a rookie. A DL takes time to become a factor, at least for most DL. I have more hopes for Wilson than for Worthy and I think CJ has been looking pretty good. If Worthy can sit most plays and come in for just a few plays per game, he has a chance of making a few plays for us. I think if we throw him to the wolves full time, he will struggle.

Think about these fine DL we have had recently. Kampmann, Jenkins, Pickett, and Gilbert Brown. They all were marginal players their first few years. Brown and jenkins were cut. Pickett was a first rounder who didn't see the field much his first 2 years and was called a bust by Rams fans.

OP
OP
ThePerfectBeard

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You shouldn't be counting on a rookie. A DL takes time to become a factor, at least for most DL. I have more hopes for Wilson than for Worthy and I think CJ has been looking pretty good. If Worthy can sit most plays and come in for just a few plays per game, he has a chance of making a few plays for us. I think if we throw him to the wolves full time, he will struggle.

Think about these fine DL we have had recently. Kampmann, Jenkins, Pickett, and Gilbert Brown. They all were marginal players their first few years. Brown and jenkins were cut. Pickett was a first rounder who didn't see the field much his first 2 years and was called a bust by Rams fans.
Ya this is very true Amish... I guess we'll just have to wait.

_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sad we still don't trust the people who raised this great team. You really need to learn to trust the great people how raised this super bowl caliber team.. GO PACK GO, remember, yes a 15-1 season sucks but we did worse and won that superbowl! GET AMPED!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Way too early to make a call on any of our draft picks. But I will say one thing on behalf of the OP to try and stifle the hate this thread has generated. Worthy up until now has looked a little lost out there. The explosive first step we have heard about hasn't been on display YET. Wait until he lines up with raji matthews and perry teams will be sooo worried about the other guys we could possibly see him get a chance to exploit some favorable situations this season. The book is totatlly not written yet on worthy and hope to see him improve greatly this year and the next few.

I wouldn't call it "Hate." More like snark, and it's well deserved in cases like these. Labeling a rookie second round draft pick a bust before he's even played a full season is just stupid. Don't want snarky replies? Don't make stupid threads or posts. Simple.

Members online

Latest posts