1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Worthy is killing me.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Cheesehead625, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Cheesehead625

Cheesehead625 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +149
    The one player we needed not to bust and is looking terrible.

2. Einstein McFly

Einstein McFly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +235
    He's a rookie that hasn't even seen the regular season yet. How is he a bust? It takes some time to get used to new assignments and positions. Think of Raji's first season and ask yourself if we should have labeled him a bust then. The guy everyone is wanting some DE to become (namely, Cullen Jenkins) wasn't the "best inside rusher in the nfl" until he was a few seasons in.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +626
    Can we wait a few regular season games before judging Worthy? He needs time to learn the position and gain experience. The defense will improve asthe year progresses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,834
    Jenkins was cut by the Packers twice.

Cheesehead625: Explain how he looks terrible. I don't see anything special - yet, but I haven't seen anything I would describe as 'terrible'. Also, how is he the one player that we need to not bust? I think there is far more pressure on Perry than Worthy. And we have more talent backing up DE than OLB at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,074
    Too early. Our right tackle was terrible his first year and he turned it around.

Some players have a big learning curve when they get to this level. Alot of guys, for the first time in their life, can't just dominate based on their size and natural ability. It's like they get punched in the mouth. The great ones get up and put in work and get better. Others just curl up in a fetal position and give up.

6. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Yup. Guy isn't an instant HOF'er his rookie season. We should just cut him now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    Are you kidding! He should be the best of his position by now!! Especially as a 2nd rounder! Wow. I can't believe we drafted him!

8. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +416
    Didn't we say the same thing about Rodgers years ago? Give time and chances. OR Jarret Bush, the most hated Packer is one of the best ST players in the league and he keeps going and giving it his all, even after making boneheaded mistakes.

9. wxman2003

wxman2003 Guest

Ratings:
    +10
    Worthy is a bust. Mark my word.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,074
    This is insanely soon to be saying something like that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    All this after just 4 preseason games where they likely didn't have him show much if any of his potential, all this for a rookie who has yet to learn much of anything.

12. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    Way too early to make a call on any of our draft picks. But I will say one thing on behalf of the OP to try and stifle the hate this thread has generated. Worthy up until now has looked a little lost out there. The explosive first step we have heard about hasn't been on display YET. Wait until he lines up with raji matthews and perry teams will be sooo worried about the other guys we could possibly see him get a chance to exploit some favorable situations this season. The book is totatlly not written yet on worthy and hope to see him improve greatly this year and the next few.

13. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,834
    But he made such a compelling argument.

14. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    Way too soon to judge a player only on a few pre season games in his rookie year.

Gotta give him a season to fully judge.

Dont expect instant HOF performance from a guy straight out of collage.

15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,074
    Give him a couple seasons even. Lots of players don't develop til later. Driver is a good example

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,975
    Wonder if you said same thing about Rodgers?

17. lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    I do have to admit I have been wondering where that guy is that destroyed UWs line the last few years.

18. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
  19. Cheesehead625

Cheesehead625 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +149
    Sorry guys haven't checked in for a bit. I guess I worded that wrong... It's not that he's guaranteed to bust, he's just really worrying me. I know it's pretty soon to judge rookies, but I've been watching him get pushed off the ball consistently without double teams. That to me is scary. The reason being, he doesn't necessarily have to get in the back field, but at least stay in the middle of a play when you're not being double teamed. Everyone thinks an outside linebacker is what we need, but in truth it's a DE. We need a strong push from our front 3 and it seems like we are still struggling with this. That's why he cannot bust.

Sorry guys, not trying to be negative. Just a little concerned about him.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,834
    You shouldn't be counting on a rookie. A DL takes time to become a factor, at least for most DL. I have more hopes for Wilson than for Worthy and I think CJ has been looking pretty good. If Worthy can sit most plays and come in for just a few plays per game, he has a chance of making a few plays for us. I think if we throw him to the wolves full time, he will struggle.

Think about these fine DL we have had recently. Kampmann, Jenkins, Pickett, and Gilbert Brown. They all were marginal players their first few years. Brown and jenkins were cut. Pickett was a first rounder who didn't see the field much his first 2 years and was called a bust by Rams fans.

21. Cheesehead625

Cheesehead625 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +149
    Ya this is very true Amish... I guess we'll just have to wait.

22. _Xyn

_Xyn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Sad we still don't trust the people who raised this great team. You really need to learn to trust the great people how raised this super bowl caliber team.. GO PACK GO, remember, yes a 15-1 season sucks but we did worse and won that superbowl! GET AMPED!

23. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Don't worry, he's known to be a gameday warrior. Overall, I'm predicting 4 sacks next week... for the team, of course. And SF has a solid OL.

• Like Like x 2
  24. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    Takes 3 years for a draft class to be judged properly...I give them all at lest 2 to tell which direction they are going

25. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    I wouldn't call it "Hate." More like snark, and it's well deserved in cases like these. Labeling a rookie second round draft pick a bust before he's even played a full season is just stupid. Don't want snarky replies? Don't make stupid threads or posts. Simple.

• Agree Agree x 1