Worst display of the hurry up offense iv'e ever seen

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles down by 10 points - in the Super Bowl - less than 3 minutes left -and they were huddling up - walking to the line of scrimmage . When they finally scored there was less than 2 minutes left - if they had run the hurry up offense the right way (like Favre does ) there would've been more than 2 minutes left and the Eagles down by 3 points could've kicked off deep - with 2 timeouts left and the 2 minute warning . Then after NE punted they would've had the ball in decent field position ( say 35 yard line ) instead of their own 4 yard line ( i still don't know why they didn"t fair catch the punt at the 15 instead of letting it roll down to the 4 ??) . And on 1st down from the 4 - Mcnabb under pressure in the endzone threw a 2 yard completion - with no timeouts left and the clock running - instead of throwing it away . Mcnabb had a decent game 350 + yards passing - but INT's and poor clock management at the end cost them the championship . :doh:

GO PACK :hammer:

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What was going on with that team? Losing player to Cramps in the Super Bowl come on keep hydrated and then no motivation at the end of the game. It was really weird to see them all walking around. I think NE was lined up to play before they were even near the line.

Later
Leopardmech

dan7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ohiopacker said:
The Eagles down by 10 points - in the Super Bowl - less than 3 minutes left -and they were huddling up - walking to the line of scrimmage . When they finally scored there was less than 2 minutes left - if they had run the hurry up offense the right way (like Favre does ) there would've been more than 2 minutes left and the Eagles down by 3 points could've kicked off deep - with 2 timeouts left and the 2 minute warning . Then after NE punted they would've had the ball in decent field position ( say 35 yard line ) instead of their own 4 yard line ( i still don't know why they didn"t fair catch the punt at the 15 instead of letting it roll down to the 4 ??) . And on 1st down from the 4 - Mcnabb under pressure in the endzone threw a 2 yard completion - with no timeouts left and the clock running - instead of throwing it away . Mcnabb had a decent game 350 + yards passing - but INT's and poor clock management at the end cost them the championship . :doh:

GO PACK :hammer:

Agreed.....I was amazed at how poorly the Eagles managed the clock at the end of the game!

Members online

Latest posts