With people coming in friday...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are a couple of people visiting this weekend..some visits we know about (adam,pickett,rumored to be ty law,etc).

there might be some we DONT know about...

I have a feeling Ted is gonna be on some crazy **** this weekend, and by Monday our heads will be spinning.

I mean...the visits\interview are giving me a itchy feeling..

Lets hope, right? that 'tightwad' ted makes a move?

go pack!

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, let's hope Teddy boy can grab us some of those gus. God knows they would be very helpful. Hopefully him being a tightwad will pay off in the future.

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard Pickett was making his decision, didn't hear he was visiting again....Ty Law seems to be a fake by a Lions fan...granted AV is suppose to be here, but unless we offer $3million/year I suspect NE will match, since they freed up money releasing McGinest...

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
dannychau22 said:
adams is too old

he's 34...kickers can kick well into their 70's. :wink:

Agreed and this guy makes Longwell look like a college boy....

Notes: Kicker Vinatieri includes Green Bay in travel plans
In 10 seasons, Vinatieri has kicked 19 winning field goals with less than a minute left (including playoffs), missing just one. His career 81.9% field goal accuracy ranks fifth in NFL history.
I haven't seen him choke in clutch situations, either, like a couple others we all know....

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
arrowgargantuan said:
dannychau22 said:
adams is too old

he's 34...kickers can kick well into their 70's. :wink:

Agreed and this guy makes Longwell look like a college boy....

Notes: Kicker Vinatieri includes Green Bay in travel plans
In 10 seasons, Vinatieri has kicked 19 winning field goals with less than a minute left (including playoffs), missing just one. His career 81.9% field goal accuracy ranks fifth in NFL history.
I haven't seen him choke in clutch situations, either, like a couple others we all know....

No slam against Vinatieri (I really like him), but I think it is worthy of noting that Longwell's career average is 81.6% kicking in worse conditions (GB Vs NE) and that is factoring in last year's problems with holding (despite my not liking Ryan's public whining no one can dispute it was a problem) (aside from problems while injured in 2001) was far below Longwell's normal outstanding standards.

Both are great clutch kickers and have won many games for their teams.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patrio ... eid=130589

Vinatieri puts foot in the door with Packers
By John Tomase/ Patriots Notebook
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - Updated: 06:44 AM EST

Kicker Adam Vinatieri will make his first official visit of free agency Friday when he travels to Green Bay to meet the Packers.

Green Bay recently lost kicker Ryan Longwell to the Minnesota Vikings and began free agency with more than $30 million in salary cap space. Vinatieri’s standing as the best bad-weather kicker in history makes him an obvious target for the Pack, although a source close to Vinatieri said he’d prefer a warmer climate if he decides to leave New England.

Townsend in town?
A source in Pittsburgh said free agent cornerback Deshea Townsend will visit Foxboro this week, but agent Peter Shaffer denied it.
“He’s not coming to Boston,â€

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no reason we should lose out on Pickett. Pickett is a tackling machine(lead all defensive linemen in tackles). Kampman is a tackling machine(I believe he was in the top 5 of all defensive linemen in tackle). Barnett is a tackling machine(ledd all NFC players in tackles). Hell if we get Pickett nobody else will have to make a tckle all year.

I don't want to spend 15 million on a kicker. Save it for a football player.

Is it true that TT and other personnel have been unavailable this week to free agents? or is this just some rumor started by the anti-TT faction?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
There are a couple of people visiting this weekend..some visits we know about (adam,pickett,rumored to be ty law,etc).

there might be some we DONT know about...

I have a feeling Ted is gonna be on some crazy **** this weekend, and by Monday our heads will be spinning.

I mean...the visits\interview are giving me a itchy feeling..

Lets hope, right? that 'tightwad' ted makes a move?

go pack!

Hopefully this is the weekend TT strikes.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=130589

Vinatieri puts foot in the door with Packers
By John Tomase/ Patriots Notebook
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - Updated: 06:44 AM EST

Kicker Adam Vinatieri will make his first official visit of free agency Friday when he travels to Green Bay to meet the Packers.

Green Bay recently lost kicker Ryan Longwell to the Minnesota Vikings and began free agency with more than $30 million in salary cap space. Vinatieri’s standing as the best bad-weather kicker in history makes him an obvious target for the Pack,

although a source close to Vinatieri said he’d prefer a warmer climate if he decides to leave New England.

IPBprez: this always gets me when they print this quote - he'll sign with GB if TT's putting big cards on the table.

Townsend in town?
A source in Pittsburgh said free agent cornerback Deshea Townsend will visit Foxboro this week, but agent Peter Shaffer denied it.
“He’s not coming to Boston,â€

Members online

Latest posts