1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

With people coming in friday...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tromadz, Mar 15, 2006.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    There are a couple of people visiting this weekend..some visits we know about (adam,pickett,rumored to be ty law,etc).

there might be some we DONT know about...

I have a feeling Ted is gonna be on some crazy **** this weekend, and by Monday our heads will be spinning.

I mean...the visits\interview are giving me a itchy feeling..

Lets hope, right? that 'tightwad' ted makes a move?

go pack!

2. Popcynical

Popcynical Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, let's hope Teddy boy can grab us some of those gus. God knows they would be very helpful. Hopefully him being a tightwad will pay off in the future.

3. tabojc03

tabojc03 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I heard Pickett was making his decision, didn't hear he was visiting again....Ty Law seems to be a fake by a Lions fan...granted AV is suppose to be here, but unless we offer $3million/year I suspect NE will match, since they freed up money releasing McGinest...

4. dannychau22

dannychau22 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    TT probably didnt offer enough to pickett.
    adams is too old

5. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    he's 34...kickers can kick well into their 70's. :wink:

6. dannychau22

dannychau22 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    For some reason i thought he meant sam adams

7. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Agreed and this guy makes Longwell look like a college boy....

Notes: Kicker Vinatieri includes Green Bay in travel plans
    I haven't seen him choke in clutch situations, either, like a couple others we all know....

8. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No slam against Vinatieri (I really like him), but I think it is worthy of noting that Longwell's career average is 81.6% kicking in worse conditions (GB Vs NE) and that is factoring in last year's problems with holding (despite my not liking Ryan's public whining no one can dispute it was a problem) (aside from problems while injured in 2001) was far below Longwell's normal outstanding standards.

Both are great clutch kickers and have won many games for their teams.

9. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Longwell has lost his clutch, while Vinatieri still can do it! Let's hope the Vikings paid 10 millions for a poor kicker :p

10. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patrio ... eid=130589

Vinatieri puts foot in the door with Packers
    By John Tomase/ Patriots Notebook
    Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - Updated: 06:44 AM EST

Kicker Adam Vinatieri will make his first official visit of free agency Friday when he travels to Green Bay to meet the Packers.

Green Bay recently lost kicker Ryan Longwell to the Minnesota Vikings and began free agency with more than $30 million in salary cap space. Vinatieri’s standing as the best bad-weather kicker in history makes him an obvious target for the Pack, although a source close to Vinatieri said he’d prefer a warmer climate if he decides to leave New England.

Townsend in town?
    A source in Pittsburgh said free agent cornerback Deshea Townsend will visit Foxboro this week, but agent Peter Shaffer denied it.
    “He’s not coming to Boston,â€

11. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    There is no reason we should lose out on Pickett. Pickett is a tackling machine(lead all defensive linemen in tackles). Kampman is a tackling machine(I believe he was in the top 5 of all defensive linemen in tackle). Barnett is a tackling machine(ledd all NFC players in tackles). Hell if we get Pickett nobody else will have to make a tckle all year.

I don't want to spend 15 million on a kicker. Save it for a football player.

Is it true that TT and other personnel have been unavailable this week to free agents? or is this just some rumor started by the anti-TT faction?

12. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hopefully this is the weekend TT strikes.

13. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5