Will the Packers win in Seattle? You bet they will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
4th Qtr comebacks ....???.....that guy is confused. If he is that great he should not have to "come back" in the 4th. The game should be put on cruise control and be running the ball and eating clock if he is that good, right? 4th Qtr comebacks is a poor attempt and a grasping for straws measure on his part. These clowns need to stay off our site. I highly doubt anyone from here is trolling the seaCawks site. Just proves what type of fans they have out there.....goes hand in hand with the type of players they have as well.

I tried to warn everyone about there fans. Like I shared awhile back I have been to almost every NFL city and I could start an entire forum discussion who are the worse. Guess who they are and it has nothing to do with all the noise they make?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing last night. The last thing I would want to spend my time doing is going to a Seahawk fans site and start a comparison argument about Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady and blah blah blah. Let alone going to there site at all just to hear a "Seahawk love fest".

I don't really give a crap about Andrew Luck vs Russell Wilson. These cats need to go to a Colts site or something.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I responded to a post. Do I now have to ask permission concerning how and what I comment on?

Never-mind. This is nothing more than a disingenuous "Homer" board with comments representing fantasy. Have fun losing this Thursday. Russell Wilson, thanks you for continuing to doubt him.

Look. Every board is gonna be a little biased to there team. Calling this board a homer board and fantasy does upset me a little as I can tell you personally that when I start drinking to much Kool-Aid and getting a little to over-optimistic about certain things people here have called me out on it here.

This whole thing got started because somebody said "most would take Andrew Luck over Russell Wilson" and I agreed and in your mind it gave you the green light to start this whole argument.

I don't think anyone cares here as much as you do about the comparison. In reality it is probably to early in both there careers to get a fair comparison for both players. I have never heard anyone here ever say Russell Wilson isn't a good QB. I just don't put him on the same pedestal you and your fans do. It appears to me your just here to throw darts until someone reacts so you can blow the whole thing up out of proportion.

Tokadub

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all using fourth quarter comebacks is a terrible way to measure a QB's success (every statistic that has John Skelton on a level with Rodgers is).

In those 10 games the Seahawks defense allowed an average of 16 points, keeping them in the game as the offense wasn't able to put up any points during the first three quarters.

In addirmtion you forgot to mention that Wilson throws more interceptions in the fourth quarter when the game is within a score than during any other period during the game, posting only a 81.8 passer rating in that situation.

The reason why Wilson has more interceptions in the 4th quarter is simple, he is forced to throw Hail Mary's or his team will lose. Isn't that where you ideally want your QB to throw interceptions if you are being realistic to the situation? QB's should obviously throw at least slightly more interceptions when they are running out of time in the 4th quarter right? They have no choice but to force the throw to try to pull their team out of a situation where they have little to no chance to win statistically.

Throwing more interceptions in the 4th quarter is not a flaw in Russell Wilson's game, like I've posted before Wilson has an incredible Touchdown/Interception Ratio behind only Aaron Rodgers. So it's kind of a weak area to try to criticize him in my opinion.

Wilson threw 11 Touchdowns and 1 Interception (Hail Mary with 2 seconds remaining) in the 6 game examples I posted. I'd be surprised if there are very many QB's who don't throw more interceptions in the 4th quarter but you can list them if you know. According to this article 4th quarter interceptions are more prevalent than any other quarters:

http://www.footballperspective.com/analyzing-interceptions-2000-to-2012/

"We can also break interceptions down by quarter. Here’s how to read the next table: Teams have thrown 32.8% of all interceptions in the 4th quarter despite “only” 27.6% of all passes coming in that quarter. That’s because passers have a 3.6% interception rate in the fourth quarter."

5 out of Wilson's 19 Interceptions in his 2 year career have come in situations where he was forced throw because his team was in EXTREMELY BAD SITUATIONS. I am posting all 5 scenarios at the end of this post...

But from all measures of a QB's success Russell Wilson has been the best Quarterback in NFL history in his first 2 seasons.

Wilson has the most wins. He's the only QB to put up over 100 Passer Ratings in his first two seasons.

Wilson also tied Peyton Manning for the 2nd most Touchdowns thrown in NFL history in their first 2 seasons (52), but he did it with only 19 interceptions compared to Manning's 43. The only QB with more Touchdowns in his first 2 seasons is Dan Marino (68). Marino threw 48 Touchdowns in his 2nd season with a 108.9 Passer Rating, which appears to be the best season of his hall of fame career.

It just seems like some people will never give Wilson any credit no matter how good he's been...

I have Aaron Rodgers ranked as my #1 QB but he didn't even start playing as a starter until his 4th season! In Aaron's first 2 seasons as a starter he had 58 Touchdowns and 20 Interceptions (2.9 TD/INT rate), which is pretty similar to Wilson's 52 Touchdowns and 19 Interceptions (2.73 TD/INT rate). However, Rodgers failed to have a 100+ Passer Rating in both of those seasons but still posted a very good 93.8 in 2008.

Including the playoffs as a starter Rodgers went 6-10 his first season and 11-6 his second a total of 17 wins, and no playoff wins.

Including the playoffs Wilson went 12-6 his first season and 16-3 his second a total of 28 wins, and 4 playoff wins.

And I'm not using 4th quarter comebacks to prove a QB's success. I'm simply trying to respond to the post saying Wilson relies on the Run Game and the Defense, that narrative is too common among the NFL media guys and it's simply false. In other words many media guys seem to be under the impression that Wilson is kinda carried by his team, that's he's like a slightly better version of Trent Dilfer or something crazy like that...

4th quarter comebacks are a good way to show that Wilson is capable of putting the team on his back for the win. In 5 out of the 6 game winning drive examples I posted from Wilson's Rookie Season Marshawn Lynch only had a significant role in one of them. Wilson carried the team in 5 out of 6 of those drives not Marshawn Lynch, so you can't really say he's only good because of the run game.

Wilson is an incredible QB with or without the Run Game and Defense, and with or without arguably the worst pass blocking in the league. He has proven it numerous times in specific games and also with his overall stats for his career.

Finally... here's 5 of the interceptions Wilson has thrown in the 4th quarter. In all cases Wilson was in a very bad situation where the Seahawks were very unlikely to win. I'd rather have an interception when the QB has no choice but to hurl the ball than a QB like Andrew Luck who throws tons of interceptions needlessly.

2012:

Week 4 VS Rams
Seahawks behind 13-19 Wilson throws interception with 1:08 remaining and 35 yards to go and no time outs.

Playoffs Week 2 VS Falcons
Seahawks behind 28-30 Wilson throws interception with 2 seconds remaining and 48 yards to go.

2013:

Week 5 VS Colts
Seahawks behind 28-34 Wilson throws interception on 4th and 15 with 1:31 remaining.

Week 14 VS 49ers
Seahawks behind 17-19 Wilson throws interception with 21 seconds remaining and 84 yards to go.

Week 16 VS Cardinals
Seahawks behind 17-10 Wilson throws interception with 2:06 remaining and 74 yards to go. This interception was actually bogus because the ball hit the ground first but the refs couldn’t tell and they said that it bounced off of Baldwin’s forearm not the ground. By the laws of physics Doug Baldwins arms would have to be made of rubber or cement for the ball to bounce like that without hitting the ground…

So there's 5 of Wilson's 20 career Interceptions (including playoffs), all of which you can't really fault Wilson because he was put in a nearly impossible situation and was FORCED TO THROW NO MATTER WHAT. That means Wilson has only 15 other interceptions in his entire career from a total of 37 games... I'm sorry but I just don't see your criticism of Wilson's 4th quarter interceptions being a legitimate flaw to his game.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
In all cases Wilson was in a very bad situation where the Seahawks were very unlikely to win.

2012:

Week 4 VS Rams
Seahawks behind 13-19 Wilson throws interception with 1:08 remaining and 35 yards to go and no time outs.

Not trying to be an a@@- but you stated RW was put in bad spots..

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201209300ram.htm Vs rams

I dont think you should use the Ram game as an example..

2nd and 5 on rams 35 yard line--1:08 left

I dont feel the Ram game was a bad spot at all...A very good chance to win..

However, he tossed 2 ints before that last one....So wouldnt he be a big blame to why "it was very unlikely to win?"

Again just pointing out that you shouldnt use the Ram game as not very likely to win

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
All bow down to wilson: 3300 yards passing and 26 td's ..... oh wow how I am amazed...... amazed at hardly 200 yards per game and less that 1 td per game average....... lol. Yet a defense had nothing to do with it.....

Sounds to me like wilson and his best butt pal collin kraper**** are the ones with similar stat lines....lol...well exept wilson does toss more td's.

Hell, on pure stat lines in a short sample of time, gimmie Nick Foles..... he owned in stats.

And yet, the man who threw for 5,500 yards and 55 TD lost to him in the Super Bowl.

Football is more about the team than the QB .

D

Deleted member 6794

The reason why Wilson has more interceptions in the 4th quarter is simple, he is forced to throw Hail Mary's or his team will lose. Isn't that where you ideally want your QB to throw interceptions if you are being realistic to the situation? QB's should obviously throw at least slightly more interceptions when they are running out of time in the 4th quarter right? They have no choice but to force the throw to try to pull their team out of a situation where they have little to no chance to win statistically.

Throwing more interceptions in the 4th quarter is not a flaw in Russell Wilson's game, like I've posted before Wilson has an incredible Touchdown/Interception Ratio behind only Aaron Rodgers. So it's kind of a weak area to try to criticize him in my opinion.

Wilson threw 11 Touchdowns and 1 Interception (Hail Mary with 2 seconds remaining) in the 6 game examples I posted. I'd be surprised if there are very many QB's who don't throw more interceptions in the 4th quarter but you can list them if you know. According to this article 4th quarter interceptions are more prevalent than any other quarters:

"We can also break interceptions down by quarter. Here’s how to read the next table: Teams have thrown 32.8% of all interceptions in the 4th quarter despite “only” 27.6% of all passes coming in that quarter. That’s because passers have a 3.6% interception rate in the fourth quarter."

5 out of Wilson's 19 Interceptions in his 2 year career have come in situations where he was forced throw because his team was in EXTREMELY BAD SITUATIONS. I am posting all 5 scenarios at the end of this post...

But from all measures of a QB's success Russell Wilson has been the best Quarterback in NFL history in his first 2 seasons.

Wilson has the most wins. He's the only QB to put up over 100 Passer Ratings in his first two seasons.

Wilson also tied Peyton Manning for the 2nd most Touchdowns thrown in NFL history in their first 2 seasons (52), but he did it with only 19 interceptions compared to Manning's 43. The only QB with more Touchdowns in his first 2 seasons is Dan Marino (68). Marino threw 48 Touchdowns in his 2nd season with a 108.9 Passer Rating, which appears to be the best season of his hall of fame career.

It just seems like some people will never give Wilson any credit no matter how good he's been...

I have Aaron Rodgers ranked as my #1 QB but he didn't even start playing as a starter until his 4th season! In Aaron's first 2 seasons as a starter he had 58 Touchdowns and 20 Interceptions (2.9 TD/INT rate), which is pretty similar to Wilson's 52 Touchdowns and 19 Interceptions (2.73 TD/INT rate). However, Rodgers failed to have a 100+ Passer Rating in both of those seasons but still posted a very good 93.8 in 2008.

Including the playoffs as a starter Rodgers went 6-10 his first season and 11-6 his second a total of 17 wins, and no playoff wins.

Including the playoffs Wilson went 12-6 his first season and 16-3 his second a total of 28 wins, and 4 playoff wins.

And I'm not using 4th quarter comebacks to prove a QB's success. I'm simply trying to respond to the post saying Wilson relies on the Run Game and the Defense, that narrative is too common among the NFL media guys and it's simply false. In other words many media guys seem to be under the impression that Wilson is kinda carried by his team, that's he's like a slightly better version of Trent Dilfer or something crazy like that...

4th quarter comebacks are a good way to show that Wilson is capable of putting the team on his back for the win. In 5 out of the 6 game winning drive examples I posted from Wilson's Rookie Season Marshawn Lynch only had a significant role in one of them. Wilson carried the team in 5 out of 6 of those drives not Marshawn Lynch, so you can't really say he's only good because of the run game.

Wilson is an incredible QB with or without the Run Game and Defense, and with or without arguably the worst pass blocking in the league. He has proven it numerous times in specific games and also with his overall stats for his career.

Finally... here's 5 of the interceptions Wilson has thrown in the 4th quarter. In all cases Wilson was in a very bad situation where the Seahawks were very unlikely to win. I'd rather have an interception when the QB has no choice but to hurl the ball than a QB like Andrew Luck who throws tons of interceptions needlessly.

2012:

Week 4 VS Rams

Seahawks behind 28-30 Wilson throws interception with 2 seconds remaining and 48 yards to go.

2013:

Week 5 VS Colts
Seahawks behind 28-34 Wilson throws interception on 4th and 15 with 1:31 remaining.

Week 14 VS 49ers
Seahawks behind 17-19 Wilson throws interception with 21 seconds remaining and 84 yards to go.

Week 16 VS Cardinals
Seahawks behind 17-10 Wilson throws interception with 2:06 remaining and 74 yards to go. This interception was actually bogus because the ball hit the ground first but the refs couldn’t tell and they said that it bounced off of Baldwin’s forearm not the ground. By the laws of physics Doug Baldwins arms would have to be made of rubber or cement for the ball to bounce like that without hitting the ground…

So there's 5 of Wilson's 20 career Interceptions (including playoffs), all of which you can't really fault Wilson because he was put in a nearly impossible situation and was FORCED TO THROW NO MATTER WHAT. That means Wilson has only 15 other interceptions in his entire career from a total of 37 games... I'm sorry but I just don't see your criticism of Wilson's 4th quarter interceptions being a legitimate flaw to his game.

You can come up with whatever bogus statistics you want but it's a fact that no one taking an objective look at the big picture would consider Wilson an elite QB or would deny the defense and run game have had a major impact on the Seahawks success over the last two seasons.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You can come up with whatever bogus statistics you want but it's a fact that no one taking an objective look at the big picture would consider Wilson an elite QB or would deny the defense and run game have had a major impact on the Seahawks success over the last two seasons.

So What's your score prediction tonight Captain?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
And yet, the man who threw for 5,500 yards and 55 TD lost to him in the Super Bowl.

Football is more about the team than the QB .

I would expect you to say that...... the queens have no Qb worthy of putting up any significant stats. The best you had in recent history was our garbage. lol.... other than that you guys are on a QB loser bus.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chart didn't load properly. Parry's crew called 22 defensive holding and 4 illegal contact in 2014 for an average of 1.73/game. In this preseason they called 12 def. holding and 8 illegal contact for an average of 5/game. They led the league last year in such calls, and appear to be on a mission to do the same this year.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I would expect you to say that...... the queens have no Qb worthy of putting up any significant stats. The best you had in recent history was our garbage. lol.... other than that you guys are on a QB loser bus.
Yup, yet in 2012 they went on to a 10-6 record. And last year they went 5-10-1 with 4 losses given up by the defense in the last minute and a 5th game given up with 3:30 left in the game. Imagine if the defense had held in those 5 games? The Vikings would have won the division with "no QB worthy of putting up significant stats". Now just imagine what will happen when their QB can put up the stats. Many think he is on the team.

Tokadub

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok time to put my "money" or my reputation as a new analyst here on the line. I predict Seahawks win 37-16, the margin would be smaller if it wasn't in Seattle.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score

2012:

Week 4 VS Rams

2013:

Week 5 VS Colts

Week 14 VS 49ers

Week 16 VS Cardinals

WOW!! you must type really fast.

EliminatorDave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol. So how did Lynch look tonight? Fat, disgruntled? The inferior Hawks receivers seemed to do OK right? Did the real refs have an impact? Well, they did miss several holding calls on the Pack O line, Rodgers should have been sacked a couple more times..but they didnt impact the outcome right?

Just responding to some of the ignorant comments by fans in this thread. Word of advise, if your going to claim the Hawks D backs grab and hold and that's why they are the best in the NFL, inform yourself of the rules. Remember, according to some of the posters on this thread and many more like it across the NFL, the Hawks are only good because they "grab and hold on every play". Lol, guess it took a couple of years for the media and ignorant fanbases to pick up on that claim. It started back in 2011. Did you see that tonight other than a Hawks linebacker getting beat badly and making a desperation tackle before the ball got there? Before spouting BS lame stream media and or worse, uniformed whiner opinions watch and see for yourself.

Back to the Tate TD a couple of years ago. Yea he shoved off and the play shouldn't have counted. As far as catch versus interception, it was a catch and TD.

Round 2 for 2014 will be in the playoffs, if the Pack makes it.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Lol. So how did Lynch look tonight? Fat, disgruntled? The inferior Hawks receivers seemed to do OK right? Did the real refs have an impact? Well, they did miss several holding calls on the Pack O line, Rodgers should have been sacked a couple more times..but they didnt impact the outcome right?

Just responding to some of the ignorant comments by fans in this thread. Word of advise, if your going to claim the Hawks D backs grab and hold and that's why they are the best in the NFL, inform yourself of the rules. Remember, according to some of the posters on this thread and many more like it across the NFL, the Hawks are only good because they "grab and hold on every play". Lol, guess it took a couple of years for the media and ignorant fanbases to pick up on that claim. It started back in 2011. Did you see that tonight other than a Hawks linebacker getting beat badly and making a desperation tackle before the ball got there? Before spouting BS lame stream media and or worse, uniformed whiner opinions watch and see for yourself.

Back to the Tate TD a couple of years ago. Yea he shoved off and the play shouldn't have counted. As far as catch versus interception, it was a catch and TD.

So, ever hear of sportsmanship. You beat us bad. See you in January.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why do Hawks fans insist on acting like ****** bags online? :confused:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Yup, yet in 2012 they went on to a 10-6 record. And last year they went 5-10-1 with 4 losses given up by the defense in the last minute and a 5th game given up with 3:30 left in the game. Imagine if the defense had held in those 5 games? The Vikings would have won the division with "no QB worthy of putting up significant stats". Now just imagine what will happen when their QB can put up the stats. Many think he is on the team.

"If" ........ if your aunt had balls she would be your uncle. It didn't turn out that way, writen in stone for history......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts