Why was Favre in so long?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah we won, but we have to be objective, and I personally am wondering WHY....was Favre in so long?

I dont have a problem with it if there was a good reason for it, and I am sure McCarthy will be asked that very very soon.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
He was asked during the after game conf.

He said the unit needed to build on chemistry.

Those weren't his exact words. But that's what I got from what he said.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They also let the first string Defense in on the 1st series of the 3rd quarter it is because i thought he said he wanted the players to go in at half and get used to coming out and playing 3rd quarter or something like that. No one got hurt thank god. Nick Collins was in the 3rd Quater with like 2:00 min left that was way way to long, they said we didnt have enough players back there without Underwood and Manuel thats why. If that was the cause we should sign some help

Tylaa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tro does ur Husband know your on the internet again? Anyways it was great to see him in there. I dont really care if the 3 or 4th string qb's dont get in the game.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tylaa said:
Anyways it was great to see him in there. I dont really care if the 3 or 4th string qb's dont get in the game.

I was a bit worried because I didnt want to see any starters get hurt then it would look bad because they were in to long

Tylaa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
Tylaa said:
Anyways it was great to see him in there. I dont really care if the 3 or 4th string qb's dont get in the game.

I was a bit worried because I didnt want to see any starters get hurt then it would look bad because they were in to long

Yeah but to me I like rogers and if Favre got an injury it wouldnt be a big dissapointment to me as it would for like a different team that had a really good qb and crappy subs. Maby im wrong, maby if he gets injured he could have an outstanding season but so could rogers.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tylaa said:
Tro does ur Husband know your on the internet again? Anyways it was great to see him in there. I dont really care if the 3 or 4th string qb's dont get in the game.

im not the one who said that offensive line to you! That was Zero2Cool!

I am a complete gentleman! ya dumb broad!

lol, jk

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, i see it as a damned if you do, damned if you don't thing. If he pulls him quick, the team won't have the timing down for week one against da Bears. Lots of newbies out there. Yes, he could get hurt, which would be hoorible.
If he stays healthy, i'll say it was good he kept him in! :wink:

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay played most of their starters into the third quarter whereas Atlanta pulled theirs in the 1st. Bottom line, McCarthy was going to win this game at any cost and I can't say as I blame him. Losing their first home game of the season would have been a pretty serious blow to the morale of the team and fans.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Atlanta's 2nd and 3rd string D got a ton more pressure on Favre in the 3rd quarter than the 1st string did.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Yeah we won, but we have to be objective, and I personally am wondering WHY....was Favre in so long?

I dont have a problem with it if there was a good reason for it, and I am sure McCarthy will be asked that very very soon.

Maybe he was in so long because he was so good. :D

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Tylaa said:

That's funny!

Tro, does ur hubby know?

I bet you're wishing you didn't ask Tylaa that question in chat. lol

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
That wasnt........ WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Im being framed!

Okay I'll take the fall with ya. Geesh.

I PM'd trom to ask Tylaa the question and told him I would have someone hack his box...ers if he didn't comply.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the 3rd or 4th page of This Article

Fascinating to watch the Indy-Seattle game on Sunday night from just above ground level in the corner of the end zone on the NBC set. I told Peyton Manning afterward how much trust he must have with his receivers. In the first quarter I was right behind him, directly in his line of sight as he looked down the left sideline for a crossing Reggie Wayne. He never actually saw Wayne make his cut but had to throw the ball to a point, hoping he'd be there. And he was, for a first down. "You know what that is?'' Manning told me. "That's hundreds of throws in April and May. That's me knowing exactly where Reggie's going to be and then him being there.''

Not really news to anyone of course -- but does reinforce a lot of the issues from last season as the Packers dug deep into the WR depth chart.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackinSteel said:
From the 3rd or 4th page of This Article

Fascinating to watch the Indy-Seattle game on Sunday night from just above ground level in the corner of the end zone on the NBC set. I told Peyton Manning afterward how much trust he must have with his receivers. In the first quarter I was right behind him, directly in his line of sight as he looked down the left sideline for a crossing Reggie Wayne. He never actually saw Wayne make his cut but had to throw the ball to a point, hoping he'd be there. And he was, for a first down. "You know what that is?'' Manning told me. "That's hundreds of throws in April and May. That's me knowing exactly where Reggie's going to be and then him being there.''

Not really news to anyone of course -- but does reinforce a lot of the issues from last season as the Packers dug deep into the WR depth chart

Beautiful post. Just beautiful! This is a perfect example of what it takes to succeed as a QB in the NFL.

Some people don't understand that because they never played the game, but i'm talking to you, all of you Favre critics out there!

And believe me, it is news to some people here because they just don't seem to get it! Maybe they should read and re-read this post before they open their mouths and say something about Favre making "bad decisions" or having a "gun slingers mentality".

Football is a team sport after all, and it just goes to show you that Favre hasn't lost it, or that it's not that he isn't that same Favre that he was 10 years ago--and all of that clap trap.

So we can just consider the matter closed now, can't we, everyone?

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks TomI

mean, I can toss most any ball to a stationary target. But my son says he's gonna go to the end of the yard and cut right towards the tree danged if I've got any kind of timing to come even close. You gotta know when to throw it and then manage to actually throw it accurately.

Case closed in my book!!

Members online

Latest posts