Why Not Go The Seattle Approach To...

JWalkRulz84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This years offseason? I thought they had a very successful offseason last year. They just played very poorly. If you think about it, we need the same things...Another vet at corner, some youth at safety, a nice vet in the middle and a young guy on the D-Line.

Moves to make

-Sign DE Bryce Fisher
-Sign CB Aaron Beasley
-Sign MLB Ronald McKinnon
-Sign QB Mike McMahon

-Do NOT Franchise Bubba
-Let Mike Wahle Walk
-End the Craig Nall experience
-Re-Sign Marco Rivera

DRAFT
ROUND 1 - Travis Johnson DT
ROUND 2 - Ernest Shazor SS
ROUND 2 - Alex Smith TE
ROUND 3 - Barrett Ruud MLB
ROUND 4 - Wes Sims OG
ROUND 5 - Junior Rosegreen FS
ROUND 5 - Roscoe Parrish WR/PR/KR
ROUND 7 - Adrian McPherson QB

DEPTH CHARTS
QB - Brett Favre, Mike McMahon, O'Sullivan/McPherson
RB - Ahman Green, Najeh Davenport, Tony Fisher
FB - William Henderson, Nick Luchey
WR - Javon Walker, Robert Ferguson, Roscoe Parrish
WR - Donald Driver, Robert Ferguson, Antonio Chatman
TE - Alex Smith, Ben Steele
LT - Chad Clifton, Brad Bedell
LG - Scott Wells, Steve Morley
C - Mike Flanagan, Grey Ruegamer
RG - Marco Rivera, Wes Sims
RT - Mark Tauscher, Kevin Barry

DE - Kabeer Gbaja Biamilla, Aaron Kampman
DE - Bryce Fisher, R-Kal Truluck, Corey Williams
NT - Grady Jackson, Donnell Washington, Jame Lee
DT - Travis Johnson/Cledtius Hunt, Cullen Jenkins
WLB - Nick Barnett, Paris Lenon
MLB - Ronal McKinnon, Barrett Ruud
SLB - Na'il Diggs, Torrance Marshall
CB - Al Harris, Joey Thomas
CB - Aaron Beasley, Ahmad Carroll
FS - Darren Sharper, Junior Rosegreen
SS - Ernest Shazor, Mark Roman

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
j-walk, why are we sour on craig nall? im far from sold on him, but he hasn't really had much of an opportunity and when he did, i thought he played well enough to garner a new contract.

GBPaQ

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trade a pick for samari roll, pickup sammy knight, trade a pick for a DE to be on the other side of KGB, and trade a linemen for a LB,

D is set,
O is set

Superbowl

OP
OP
J

JWalkRulz84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its not that Im sour on Craig Nall, its that after Favre, I would like to see a very athletic guy back ther. Someone with the prototype of a Mike McMahon, Adrian Mcpherson or JT O'Sullivan. Those guys can make plays with their feet and their arms. I think this is the type of player we need.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JWalkRulz84 said:
Its not that Im sour on Craig Nall, its that after Favre, I would like to see a very athletic guy back ther. Someone with the prototype of a Mike McMahon, Adrian Mcpherson or JT O'Sullivan. Those guys can make plays with their feet and their arms. I think this is the type of player we need.

gotcha.

the way i see it, we have one of the best lines in the biz. second maybe to indy. we also have a spectacular ground game, complemented by capable recievers...basically i think we could plug in any talented qb and they should succeed, even if they aren't the most mobile guy in that position.

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Sharper, Roman, and Hunt are all gone, so I wouldn't be surprised if they draft a DT high, but they have a flurry of young DT's already.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mike mcmahon sucks and is not worthy of leading the pack. nall is much better.

trade a pick for samari rolle? do you mean trade up for antrell rolle?

i do think parrish would be a nice pick. he's tiny but the guy can return like crazy.

OP
OP
J

JWalkRulz84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I'm really high on Mike McMahon. He has shown some flashes of brilliance and has the potential to be very good. He is a lot like Jeff Garcia, only younger. He has a bit of a stronger arm and with weapons like Ahman Green, Javon Walker, Bubba Franks, Donald Driver, and Robert Ferguson around him, he could be a star.

I do not think Roman, Hunt, and Sharper will all be released. Hunt is defnitely staying because it doesnt even do much for us to get rid of him. Plus, I really believe Bates is going to help Hunt return to All-Pro form. Hunt is 310 pounds, Grady is 340 pounds, that gives us major force in the middle. I just hope we can get a nice speed rusher, someone like Justin Tuck for the other end. I'm really counting on Hunt making a come back this year. And then with a nice rotation of having Kampman, Washington, and Jenkins is nice as well.

I truley believe Sharper will re-structure. He loves Green Bay and he will be improved from last season. Plus, I think it would be too difficult for us to go out and find 2 quality starters at the safety position. Roman on the other hand, we can do what we want with him. It doesnt hurt us to release him or retain him as a back up.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
ROUND 2 - Ernest Shazor SS

Forget it guys... he'll be gone waaay before it's Green Bay's turn!

I'm gonna have to make it a hard effort to watch College Ball more often so I know wtflip you guys are talking about.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
I'm gonna have to make it a hard effort to watch College Ball more often so I know wtflip you guys are talking about.

ditto.

im really uneducated when it comes to college ball. aside from CAL games, i catch 3-5 games per season. on the other hand, it's all conjecture anyways...the "experts" are always blowin it.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arrow's right - What I'm going by --- is the angle everyone is saying these guys should all be picked at... and Jaws, on ESPN, usually comes the closest for me! If I remember rightly, Jaws said Hockey was over... and just about everyone else said "NO, they'll get the season started, after the upcoming announcement" which was a couple of days ago... WRONG! Everyone in Hockey is now buying plane tickets for Europe, ina big hurry, too!

Shazor is slated to go "early"... early guys... in the 1st round.... Remember - We pick LATE in the 1st round... I simply do not see the Packers doing anything with our current crop (unless it's Wahle) to get a fourth pick and have it be real early in the first round... I just don't see it.

Now - if it happens, well.... hell's bells - that's GREAT! Otherwise..NO!
I really hope they find a way to keep Mike Wahle, too! But Mike's got dollar signs in his eyes and intends on cashing in.. THAT's what will have him gone, more than anything else. If it was me, I'd let Rivera go.. and do what is necessary to keep Wahle.. remember Flanagan is back this year.. You guys forget about that?

Members online

Latest posts