Why not 10 wins

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I'm sorry for actually reading what you say, my bad I guess. When I read the following

"Yes, if our current talent had an "equal amount of experience", which they do not, they would be superior to the team two years ago"

It seems pretty Black and White to me.

I'm going to jump in and say, it's impossible too answer. You can't judge the players now they would be 11-5 and a SB team but you can't judge them and say with experience they're flat out stink. It's one of those "What if" questions.

Like "What if" Sterling Sharpe got hurt. Maybe GB wins 2 or 3 Super Bowls. I know some people who think that.

In reality, Sharpe did get hurt and these guys do have talent but they're mostly rookies and 2nd year players.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
TomAllen said:
Yet they're not as bad as some people are making them!

They're definately no where near as good either. Favre's best days are behind him and it's a shame Henderson's are probably as well because he got screwed every year in the Pro Bowl voting by that running back Mike Alstott.

You're wrong Porky. Favre hasn't lost much off of his game. Maybe some footspeed, but that's it. And you shall see when he shatters every one of Marino's records this year!

Go Pack Go!

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
People, we need to improve the communication skills here!! LOL

Or else tell Pyle and Depack that Sherman was the greatest thing since the invention of Viagara. And from Depack's dispostition today, I'm thinking he ran out last night.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
porky88 said:
TomAllen said:
Yet they're not as bad as some people are making them!

They're definately no where near as good either. Favre's best days are behind him and it's a shame Henderson's are probably as well because he got screwed every year in the Pro Bowl voting by that running back Mike Alstott.

You're wrong Porky. Favre hasn't lost much off of his game. Maybe some footspeed, but that's it. And you shall see when he shatters every one of Marino's records this year!

Go Pack Go!

Your one of these people Mike and Mike in the morning was talking about. One of those people who overreact if someone says anything other than "Brett Favre is the Greatest"

Is Favre a good QB? Yes. Was he a good QB? No he was an MVP type of QB. He's no longer going too win any MVP's and he's no longer going to throw for close too 40 TD's in a season. He can still throw is 60 yards. I've said that many times but he doesn't have the decison making he used to have. Every great QB to ever play the game has gone through the same thing. Forgive me for thinking Brett Favre is a human being.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre's most critical skills..his arm and his pocket awareness/avoidance skills...are still intact. May have lost a little, make that alot, if he had to run a 40, but he still has the goods. I look forward to him proving his many critics in the national media (yes, specifically you Dr. Z..hope the malpractice insurance is up-to-date) horribly wrong.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Every year but one, porky. Big Will retires with a much deserved Pro-Bowl to his name!!

Yes, Big Willie was great. A professional in every sense. Should have made several Pro-Bowls.

Porky, I knew thats what they were getting at with experience. My point is whats the sinceof having all this so-called TALENT if we neglect the O-Line,Kicking Game,Etc. This is TT's biggest fault. I agree that we have more talent and depth at SOME positions but on others it's lacking. You canwin with mediocre recievers, you can win with a mediocre QB aka Trent Dilfer, but winning without an O-Line is near impossible.

Then I hear that MS neglected parts of this team, which he did. He didn't focus on the Defense but he tried. Johnson, Reynolds, etc, just didn't pan out. This is where we get the "MS Sucks" at. The strange part is that when it turns to TT's neglect of the O-line and offense in general we are not supposed to criticize him. He is doing the same thing MS did. He is trying to address the Offense but is failing, just like MS did with the Defense. So if MS sucks as a GM, then so does TT. You can't have it both ways.

The difference is that even with the neglect we had a 10-6 team under MS. Noone hear will predict a 10-6 under TT. No excuse period for the shambles he has this O-line in. Brett should have retired and guys like Woodson should have never been brought in because if you are not going to address the O-line NONE of this matters.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
pyledriver80 said:
I'm sorry for actually reading what you say, my bad I guess. When I read the following

"Yes, if our current talent had an "equal amount of experience", which they do not, they would be superior to the team two years ago"

It seems pretty Black and White to me.

I'm going to jump in and say, it's impossible too answer. You can't judge the players now they would be 11-5 and a SB team but you can't judge them and say with experience they're flat out stink. It's one of those "What if" questions.

Like "What if" Sterling Sharpe got hurt. Maybe GB wins 2 or 3 Super Bowls. I know some people who think that.

In reality, Sharpe did get hurt and these guys do have talent but they're mostly rookies and 2nd year players.

Agree completely Porky. It is a "what if" but that's my point. Take out the What Ifs, could be's, might be's,etc and you are left with accepting this team for what it is, not very darn good.

Every Pro-TT stance is based on "what ifs" not "what is"

As far as the Favre this year as compared to 2 years ago, there is really little difference in Brett himself. The difference is in the time and protection that Brett has due to the circumstances of the O-line. Give Brett time and protection and I bet he puts up near identical numbers.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
digsthepack said:
Every year but one, porky. Big Will retires with a much deserved Pro-Bowl to his name!!

Yes, Big Willie was great. A professional in every sense. Should have made several Pro-Bowls.

Porky, I knew thats what they were getting at with experience. My point is whats the sinceof having all this so-called TALENT if we neglect the O-Line,Kicking Game,Etc. This is TT's biggest fault. I agree that we have more talent and depth at SOME positions but on others it's lacking. You canwin with mediocre recievers, you can win with a mediocre QB aka Trent Dilfer, but winning without an O-Line is near impossible.

Then I hear that MS neglected parts of this team, which he did. He didn't focus on the Defense but he tried. Johnson, Reynolds, etc, just didn't pan out. This is where we get the "MS Sucks" at. The strange part is that when it turns to TT's neglect of the O-line and offense in general we are not supposed to criticize him. He is doing the same thing MS did. He is trying to address the Offense but is failing, just like MS did with the Defense. So if MS sucks as a GM, then so does TT. You can't have it both ways.

The difference is that even with the neglect we had a 10-6 team under MS. Noone hear will predict a 10-6 under TT. No excuse period for the shambles he has this O-line in. Brett should have retired and guys like Woodson should have never been brought in because if you are not going to address the O-line NONE of this matters.

there ya go pyle... a reasonable post, i think we are all getting somewhere.

i even agree with some of that. my only thing is im not sure TT hasnt handled the offensive line. can i at least get until week 4 preseason to decide??

WestPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given the inexperience on the offensive line, potentially starting a rookie wide reciever along with the unknowns on defense, I'd say we are lucky to go 8-8.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WestPack said:
Given the inexperience on the offensive line, potentially starting a rookie wide reciever along with the unknowns on defense, I'd say we are lucky to go 8-8.

FINALLY!!!! an answer!! woohoo, westpack!!! i could not possibly agree with you more. :D

stats shmats - they don't mean squat from one year to the next!! each team is different, each player is different, each coach, etc...

8 freakin pages now...wow depack...you're my hero!!! :wink:

Latest posts