Who's there at 13-18??

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What OLBer is there that can get 10 sacks?

What RT or RG?

What safeties are there?

Randall is quietely having a strong season at safety btw

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's time for the Packers to get aggressive and trade up to get that elite pass rusher. Nick Bosa would look great in a Packers uniform. Standing still and/or trading down has obviously not worked. This organization has got to drop the low risk/low reward philosophy.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dont think we have enough draft capitol to reach Bosa. Maybe best edge at 15, and best OL at 32 , second round best safety or offense playmaker.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dont think we have enough draft capitol to reach Bosa. Maybe best edge at 15, and best OL at 32 , second round best safety or offense playmaker.
We have plenty draft capital. We got 10 draft picks next year and they can always throw in a 2020 draft pick as well. Not bad just to move up roughly 12 picks.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have plenty draft capital. We got 10 draft picks next year and they can always throw in a 2020 draft pick as well. Not bad just to move up roughly 12 picks.
Ok..give me an idea what you would give up for Bosa...keep in mind he is a top 3 pick. Remember we have an easy 5 good holes to fill.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The kind of draft capital we'd have to give up to move into the top 2 or 3 picks for Bosa is something you should only trade if you're moving up for a QB imo. Tbh, we have a lot of holes to fill. I have zero interest in packaging both our 1's + more for a pass rusher. There are some other good edge prospects this year we wouldn't have to sell the farm for. But yeah... let's see some combine numbers and a full season of tape.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moving up is going to be tough. We are currently sitting at 14 but with all the mock drafts I've done since the majors have updated their big boards Bosa and Oliver are gone by 7th. I don't advise it.

Sitting at 14th, some would consider it a reach but I'm going Deionte Thompson. We need a Free Safety and he's the best and only pure Free Safety in this class. We miss him and we're looking at best at Chauncey Gardner-Johnson from Florida who may go somewhere in between the 3rd and 5th Round.

With the eventual 32nd Pick, I've seen Josh Allen, Montez Sweat, Devin White, Raekwon Davis, Jeffrey Tillery, and Anfernee Jennings, depending on who's board I'm using still available.

Last edited:

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see our free agency possibilities before my suggestions in the draft. We truly need to draft on the offensive side this year and make the same type of impact that we have with the RB's (two years ago) and the WR's (last draft). We definitely need some help on the "D" side, but would actually love to see a few defensive pickups or holds in free agency. Keep Wilkerson, sign a Clowney/Fowler/Dee Ford type DE/OLB, sign a Earl Thomas type safety to help with the continued education of our young defensive backfield. While drafting another defensive first rounder is necessary, we really need to improve our offense as well. It has been an after thought these past few years and is starting to show. Offensive Line help is a necessity (maybe Cole Madison will come back next year and help as well), a TE would help... and I'm even on the boat that says even though MVS, ESB, and maybe J'Mon in the future could become a good #2, 3, and 4... I think going out and getting a N'Keal Harry or A.J. Brown that drops to us would also be a good choice to help ARod. Getting a real #2 to help out Adams would be beneficial and would allow Allison, MVS, ESB be #3, 4, 5 instead of being required to be an impact player to take the pressure off of Adams.

We all know that their are some FA choices on our side that we need to make... We have to bring back some veterans to help out our youth. We can't just get rid of all of our expiring contracts and hope to replace them with rookies, UDFA, and free agency. What do you do with all of these expiring contracts? Who do you keep?

CM3, Cobb, Wilkerson, Lewis, Kendricks, Bell, House, Breeland, Toomer, Campbell, Ryan, Allison, Patrick, McCray, Brice, Tonyan, Kumerow and a few others??? and what to do with say Bulaga, Graham, Williams?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the best draft ever for DL. We need DL. 2 or 3 of our first picks will likely be defensive from 7, representing both BPA and need.

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Check back after the Senior Bowl and Combine. ;)

Yeah I understand where you’re coming from but personally I do not think it’s too early to start thinking about the draft and free agency. The team is mediocre this year and the pack has two first rounders, so my attention to the team wanders a bit and I start thinking like the draftnik I am. The scouts pretty much have all the tape they need on these players and the packers board is already on its third or fourth iteration. Yeah the senior bowl and combine will adjust some things, but it’s never too early

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense has played well enough to win almost every game. Its the offense that has been a pile of crap this year. Its time to rebuilt the O line and get rid of this garbage zone blocking scheme. Ever wonder why 12 NEVER does a qb sneak or when they run it up the gut on 2nd, 3rd or 4th and inches they get stuffed? Its the good ol zone blocking scheme. I want 2 O lineman by the end of the 4th round.

TE also needs to be addressed. I'm tired of seeing the Rudolphs, Ertzs, Olsons and now that guy in San fran dominate the league. Look at the Iowa and ND roster and see who is entering the draft at TE and take them.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense has played well enough to win almost every game. Its the offense that has been a pile of crap this year. Its time to rebuilt the O line and get rid of this garbage zone blocking scheme. Ever wonder why 12 NEVER does a qb sneak or when they run it up the gut on 2nd, 3rd or 4th and inches they get stuffed? Its the good ol zone blocking scheme. I want 2 O lineman by the end of the 4th round.

TE also needs to be addressed. I'm tired of seeing the Rudolphs, Ertzs, Olsons and now that guy in San fran dominate the league. Look at the Iowa and ND roster and see who is entering the draft at TE and take them.
Very true on need. But I am not sure OL will represent value. Little may be value at our pick, but then again look at last draft and i thought all the OTs were taken too soon. I would expect to take 2 OL by the 4th round. BTW, we still have that OG we picked last year. I believe he now has to go through the draft again and then becomes a FA. Wonder what happened to him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very true on need. But I am not sure OL will represent value. Little may be value at our pick, but then again look at last draft and i thought all the OTs were taken too soon. I would expect to take 2 OL by the 4th round. BTW, we still have that OG we picked last year. I believe he now has to go through the draft again and then becomes a FA. Wonder what happened to him.
Does he go back into the draft? I thought he "signed" his contract, but then never reported. I'm fairly confident we have his rights regardless, but I'm not sure he'll be back in football. I would not be surprised to see 2 OL's taken in the first 4 rounds either, though FA might affect that.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does he go back into the draft? I thought he "signed" his contract, but then never reported. I'm fairly confident we have his rights regardless, but I'm not sure he'll be back in football. I would not be surprised to see 2 OL's taken in the first 4 rounds either, though FA might affect that.
If he signed his contract, then you are right. I now remember that we signed all our picks.

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he signed his contract, then you are right. I now remember that we signed all our picks.
Yup. You guys are talking about Cole Madison (no relation to Billy Madison) 5th round pick out if Washington St.

He did sign a rookie contract so he doesn’t go back into the draft. And I would love to know what the heck happened to him. It did not seem like a physical health thing. Perhaps some emotional issues? Family trouble? It’s just weird. We will probably never know.

I wouldn’t really be inclined to count on him for any contributions in 2019 or beyond though.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
. And I would love to know what the heck happened to him. It did not seem like a physical health thing. Perhaps some emotional issues? Family trouble? It’s just weird. We will probably never know.
Didn't one of his college teammates suicide just after or around the draft or opening of camp?

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
should we change Who there at 13- 18. To Who there at 7-10? Side note im in love with Derwin James.................crap.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, we shouldn't be picking any higher than 13th. I expect us to beat the Jets, so we'll need some help from some other bottom dwellers to win as well.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The right side of the O line has to be addressed as well as depth. Some combo of FA/draft should address that. And we need a veteran FS and solid OLBs or DE who can address that need. All seems doable.

And is it time to replace Crosby? Given the other needs, probably not this year.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Bosa THAT good? I mean a 2nd round pick. It would cost a lot to get there. Given other needs, is it worth it to go after Bosa? Thanks all.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Bosa THAT good? I mean a 2nd round pick. It would cost a lot to get there. Given other needs, is it worth it to go after Bosa? Thanks all.

Look at what it cost the Saints to move to our pick. It would take a lot more than a 2nd to move to #1 to get Bosa.

I wouldn't do it.

D

Deleted member 6794

And is it time to replace Crosby? Given the other needs, probably not this year.

The Packers should move on from Crosby this offseason. It's possible to find a decent kicker in undrafted free agency as well.

Bosa will most likely be selected first overall, therefore the Packers two first rounders in the draft won't be enough to move up to grab him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts