Who remembers Atari Bigby??

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever happened to this guy haha? He wasn't Ed Reed or anything but one thing i can say about him is he at least liked to hit. He was average at best in coverage but i'll never forget some of the hits he had against Seattle the yr Fart threw that terrible int in OT to send the Giants to the SB. I just remember him being hurt and missing some time which is nothing new around here, and then not being bought back. If we can't have a complete safety then we need one who's a ballhawk..and then one who will lay out anything in his area. Kinda like in 2008 when we had him and Collins...ahhh the days where safety play was solid.

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved the guy for that reason. In hockey most teams have their goon, the guy that doesn't necessarily skate the best nor score the most goals, but the guy that looks for every opportunity to put someone on their back and make them remember who is on the ice. In football not everyone has this guy, but we certainly had it in Atari. We don't have any punishers on the field right now, and we're not nearly as aggressive as we used to be when playing man coverage. I wish we'd get more physical. I'd take the penalties at this point.

Hell look at the Seahawks, they are one of the most penalized teams and they've got a dominant ball-hawking defense.

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember my Atari.
Crummy graphics compared to what they have now.
But those were the times and I had fun with what it was.

greenNyellow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember him in that playoff game against Seattle in the playoffs. Guy was flying around and hitting hard. I thought we had something with him.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He played and started in SD last year up until he got hurt again. That was his problem. He played very similar to Bob Sanders, the Colts old All-World safety. Don't get all worked up, I'm not saying he was as good as Bob, but the similarities were definitely apparent, including the annual injuries. That's the problem with guys like them, they play too hard for their own good and their bodies just can't hold up for 16 games. It's a rare man that can hit like those guys and enjoy a long, healthy career.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Both Atari Bigby and Bob Sanders were failed reclamation projects for the Chargers.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
I loved Atari Bigby so much I registered and ran www.AtariBigby.com for a few years.

Never heard from him, can you believe that?
Watch out. You may hear from him, trolling for money for domain sitting. That would have been cool though. I do the same thing for a rock musician from central Wisconsin. He does know that I do it and doesn't like it.

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to excitedly watch our defense on the edge of my seat because of players like Atari; now I dread every time they take the field and start throwing up prayers for just a simple three and out. Boy was he a ball magnet. 86 tackles, 5 INTs and 3 forced fumbles in a single season. He was one of those players that you knew was gonna come up with something exciting every game, be it a big hit or a turnover.

We buried the exciting secondary a good bit ago. Woodson, Harris, McKenzie, Bigby, Collins, those fun times.

Members online

Latest posts