1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Who needs a solid TC to keep a roster spot?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by all about da packers, Apr 18, 2007.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Who do you think needs to really show up and show something during Training Camp to keep a spot on the roster?

- KGB
    - Manuel
    - Ferggie
    - Montgomery
    - Jason Hunter

2. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

KGB won't get cut IMO.
    TT won't give up on Manual
    Fergie - Agreed
    Montgomery - Likely Gone

Donald Lee - I like him, hope he makes it
    Dendy
    Taylor
    Barry

Hunter - Likely Gone

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Dendy isn't going anywhere except straight to the top!

4. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd have to think Jarret Bush will need to really show something to stay.

We heard all this talk about his potential, how he had the tools to be a great CB. Unfortunately, it looks as if he made very little progress as the season went on.

As for Ferggie, Manuel, and KGB I don't see them getting cut even if they have a horrible camp. Manuel is the starter as of now, and the most experienced safety on our roster. Ferggie, I think, offers too much value in other departments besides Offense to be cut, and I just don't think we cut KGB given that we have no adequate replacement.

5. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would think that Bubba will be watched closely. It seems that now, after last year's performance, if his last talent(blocking) starts slipping, he SHOULD be a goner. But since TT didn't sign any of the FA TEs and there's not a really good TE in the draft, Bubba may keep his job by forfeit, and I HATE that. I assume that Fergy will be given another free pass, if history repeats. I just hope he can stay out of the tub until Robinson gets back.

6. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't care if Manuel has pictures of McCarthy sleeping with Sherman. Manuel needs to be replaced.

7. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    damn straight!
    i would say bodiford, brewster, holliday, ferguson, peprah, bush and culver will all have to battle to keep their spots.

8. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    When you get shut out at home three times and are 8-8 having beaten one team with a winning record, EVERY job(except QB and a couple others) is up for grabs.

One writer pointed out the Packers are the worst of the mediocre teams in terms of talent. They will improve, but on a team battling for survival in a division with one playoff team, positions on this team is far from a "lock".

9. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652