Who are we kidding?

favrefourevre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's been a lot of talk going around on this board that if the Packers start strong, the Minnesota crowd will turn on their team early. Are you guys serious? This is a 1-4 team's Superbowl. Beat your most hated rival on your field. The crowd is gonna be pumped and ready to lay some noise on the Packers. What else do they have to look forward to? Everyone thought the Vikes would be down and out last January. They were expected to rollover against Green Bay. That didn't exactly happen. Packer fans and Vikings fans may not agree on many things, but we both love our teams, and I can pretty much guarantee the dome crowd will be in it for all 4 quarters, even if their team is not.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't think it's just the minnesota crowd favre...crowds in general get quiet when road teams start strong early, in effect taking the 12th man out of the game. if it's a dogfight the entire game(or relatively close), theres no doubt the crowd noise will be a factor for 4 quarters.

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being 1-4 in this division is not like being 1-4 in any other. If a team was 1-4 in the NFC South division or 1-4 in the AFC West division, sure, I'd start to panic. This year is far from over and there is only 1 game seperating all teams in the NFC North. I don't think any team, even the Vikings count themselves as out yet.

OP
OP
favrefourevre

favrefourevre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're not talking about going quiet though, but turning on the Vikings and I don't think that'll happen.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
favrefourevre said:
They're not talking about going quiet though, but turning on the Vikings and I don't think that'll happen.

If the Packers go up by 10 or more, I believe the Vikings fans will turn on their team and you will hear a ton of boos.

There have been times in the past when I have heard fans cheer loudly because a player on their own team that they disliked got injured and had to be taken out of the game. I've also heard fans turn against their team when they performed poorly. Fans can turn quickly on a player or on a team, and I believe they'll turn on the Vikings if the Packers can get up by 2 scores or more.

I just hope the Packers can get the early lead so I can see it happen.

Members online

Latest posts