Where were you on the final play?

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was one of those moments as a fan that you will tell where you were and how you reacted forever. I had left my living room and turned the game on and decided to lay in bed and watch. Was just completely frustrated. When he chunked it I raised to the foot of the bed and when Richard caught it, I fell to the floor yelling. I had to actually rewind it to witness the celebration.

So, where were you during the 2015 Miracle in Motown?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sitting on my couch, dogs at my feet. i had stopped cursing at the TV a while ago. Wife and son were sleeping and I was just texting my cousin how they play like ****, then pick it up and make it interesting, but can never finish after they gave up that 3rd down at the end. Then they did and I just sat there stunned.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My basement. I'm pretty sure I woke up my entire neighborhood.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I have not missed or turned off a Packer's game in 3 years. Since the games have been so stressful lately, I decided to make some fun out of it. Take a shot of beer anytime the packers score a TD, create a turn over or sack/TFL. Needless to say I was stone sober come the second half. I had to be up at 4:30am for work and live on the East Coast, so I was pushing it staying up until 12:30am to finish out the game. At halftime, I almost called it quits.
Even though we won, the Packer's still played like garbage, and I hate seeing so much potential be wasted like that. Long story short, I decided to duke it out. What a game. After we scored our first TD, I looked at my boyfriend and I said, "I would rather we get our *** kicked, then lose another close game. This team will give me an ulcer, I can't handle it." He responded by saying "Sweet heart, you guys have a long way to go to come back, I would not worry." Next thing I know Rodgers is running into the endzone and we have a ball game. When we burnt the final time out before the two minute warning I thought it was over. Why I put it past our defense to make a stop, when they had been nothing short of perfect since the first quarter, and good chunk of the season (given the personel). We make the stop, I am sick to my stomach. We can't march 80 yards with 23 seconds on the clock and no time-outs, can we? I am standing on my couch. The dreaded laterals are being thrown, Rodgers goes down, so does my head. We got LUCKY with that call. I was replaying the replacement refs game all over again in my head, sick in preperation for another packers failed mary. Rodgers gets out of the pocket, launches, and who is there to catch the ball but the only offensive player that showed up to play football on a Thursday night. I jump into my boyfriends arms screaming, then cry shortly after. This is what this team does to me. This is I why I love them. I live for it. Its the only thing in my life that can continuously let me down, then give me such a high when they suprise you after you have given up. This was followed by chugging 3 beers and a brutal morning of work. GO PACK GO!

Last edited:

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no tv in my apartment so i was streaming on my desktop
was standing next to my bed with a football in my hand :D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Sitting on the reclining end of my couch with a red wine in hand...quietly, because the wife and daughter were in bed due to early wake ups the next morning for work and school. Got some crazy texts on my cell from my boys though.

Reaction score
I was at my brothers house. We had company in the other room so us guys were in his bedroom and the girls were watching a movie. Our friend Benny (Texans fan) was so encouraging throughout the game saying "there's a lot of football left" and "they'll come back". He was 100% right.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Screaming at the top of my lungs, "OMG, that was a ballistic missile-- he threw that ball for 75 yards!!!!" Woke up my wife and the dog with all my screaming. I did not spill my beer, though. Too experienced for that to happen.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I was in living room with my tablet watching it while in the chat box. When that Happened I woke up the dead with my yelling and I started laughing like mad.

As finally a Hail Mary actually went in favor of this team.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
*received a text from my Bear fan friend (don't ask) reading "Ha Ha Packers choked again....see you in 2016"*......this text came in during the "Stanford Band play". I think he had it typed up and ready to send at the earliest possible moment. Anyway, after witnessing The Hail Rodgers, I politely texted him back "Having issues with texting tonight, all I got from you was "The Bears Still Suck".....haven't heard from him since.

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Standing in front of 55" of high def hearbreak, waiting for the ball to hit the turf.

I was a broken man. Walking in circles...swearing to myself in a Tourettes driven frenzy...my son abandoned me after the Lions 4th down conversion.

When Rodgers caught it and the refs arms went up in the air, I heaved a sigh of relief. Said "That's nice" and went to bed. ;) Yep, that's how I remember it.

IcedT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was in a reclined position when R.Rodgers passed the ball backwards to A.Rodgers and the face mask penalty flag was thrown. Hmmmm. 15 yards closer. I sat up. Three man rush - Aaron breaks to the right, runs forward, then does a quick hop and launches. I still sat on the edge of my seat and then, R.Rodgers jumped, no one was around him, he caught it. I jumped up hollering like a damn fool. My son, next to me, jumped and screamed "No Way". Our two dogs, already in bed, came out to see what all the ruckus was. IT WAS AWESOME. #gopackgo

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Behind Ford Field with a pitch fork and a few of the wives and children of some of the players and coaches of the Lions.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
I was sitting in my living room with my wife and friend. This was the first game me and my buddy have ever watched together because we are new friends. He is a packer fan as well.
When the refs threw the flag and said they had one more play my hope was still lost. I thought to myself there is no way they are gonna score. I wasn't trying to get to emotionally invested seeing that my heart has been broken lately.
When I saw Rodgers break the pocket and chunk the ball I sat on the edge of the couch hoping it didn't land in Adams hands hahaha.
When I saw Rodgers grab it we jumped up screaming at the top of our lungs. We all did a group hug and jumped up and down lol
I broke the group hug and laid on my floor and started doing snow angels. I didn't know what to do with myself. I had the same smile when we won the super bowl. But I didn't cry like I did when we won the super bowl haha

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was in bed about to shut the tv, off but suddenly i started getting text messages from haters seconds before the Facemask play, telling me the season is over. Anyway as I am checking the messages I hear on tv a flag is thrown and the Packers will get one more play. Then the miracle occured, and all the haters that sent me a premature text message found themselves with their foot in their mouth.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
My wife's Bears fan uncle did that too. :) Of course, the entire week had been one nasty comment after another from him anyway (you know the unimaginative schtick from Bears fans... FudgePackers, Pukers... etc etc... et al).

D

Dan115

I was watching from my room here in Thailand. the Packers game came on at 8 : 30 am here. I jumped for joy and was screaming on the td.the game finished just before high noon I called two Thai women who thought I was in pain because I was crying.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You know. I used to get all worked up and shout at the TV and such. But then I realized over time that these guys we are watching are a bunch of millionaire "entertainers" (as the League Lawyers call them) who don't know that I exist and don't care as long as I buy merchandise that pays their checks. I quit identifying with them so much and started looking at it kind of like the WWE. :roflmao:

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was on one part of our sectional drinking a Miller Lite and finishing my yellow Oreo/snickers ice cream during the lateral with my pregnant wife on the other end of the sectional( I had told her I wanted our soon to be born son to stay up with daddy and watch the game) I set my bowl of ice cream to the side for the last play and with air kicks and air punches relished in the win

ThePremiereNetwork

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*received a text from my Bear fan friend (don't ask) reading "Ha Ha Packers choked again....see you in 2016"*......this text came in during the "Stanford Band play". I think he had it typed up and ready to send at the earliest possible moment. Anyway, after witnessing The Hail Rodgers, I politely texted him back "Having issues with texting tonight, all I got from you was "The Bears Still Suck".....haven't heard from him since.
Thats funny.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was actually at a local bar, which by that time had almost entirely cleared out. I had a sinking feeling when Rodgers fell to the ground on that final play, realizing that we had just been SWEPT by the Lions. Of course, having watched the miserable performance we put forth, it was no less than I expected, so I resigned to just start talking to my friend. Next thing I know, I look up and they are running another play. Next thing I know, Rodgers was open in the front of the end zone to make the leaping grab. Next thing I know, I was jumping around the bar screaming something along the lines of "Holy $hit" and "WTF". I think I even hugged some random guy with a Packers hat. Then I had to explain to my friend (who knows little to nothing about football) that this just DOESN'T happen. It's just so improbable, so unreal, that I was going completely nuts, jumping around like a fool. I can only compare it to last year's super bowl when (I really wanted the Pats) Butler intercepted Wilson at the goal line. Just when the result seemed so certain, everything changed.

D

Dan115

You know. I used to get all worked up and shout at the TV and such. But then I realized over time that these guys we are watching are a bunch of millionaire "entertainers" (as the League Lawyers call them) who don't know that I exist and don't care as long as I buy merchandise that pays their checks. I quit identifying with them so much and started looking at it kind of like the WWE. :roflmao:

Members online

Latest posts