1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

When In Wisconsin...

Discussion in 'The Green Bay Life' started by Unomee, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,429
    Frank Lloyd Wright is my all time favorite architect. I love the philosophy behind his design. The only FLW building (I hate calling them buildings, to me, they are works of art), is the Guggenheim in NYC.

2. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,429
  3. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +856
    Who in the hell would steal his headstone? Talk about sick people.

4. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +856
    OK, it sounds strange but if you ever get the chance the Kohler plant I think still gives tours. Went there when I was in Junior High school I believe. At least to me it was very interesting to see how they made stuff we take for granted. Also over by the shore they have a Submarine to tour. If your into transportation of, Green Bay has a railroad museum and down on Oshkosh, EAA, they have one of the best aircraft collections in the world.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +105
    ??? Itd make a neat attraction I suppose...

6. sped2010

sped2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    I definitely have a biased opinion, but honestly? I think Green Bay is really, really boring. There's bowling, and bike trails (my favorite), and lots of parks, and everything Packer-related... but it gets old fast. I think I need to see it from a different perspective to gain a bigger appreciation for it.

The Dells is fun. I love Door County. I spend almost my whole summer there. Beautiful, picturesque communities.

7. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Did anyone suggest cow tipping or ice fishing or camping along the Lac De Flambeau water flowage without electricity or camp sites? How about milking a cow or picking strawberries. Ahhh...now that's Wisconsin. Did I mention drinking beer?

8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994

cow tipping nah

Ice fishing lot of times growing up

Milking cow, not old fashioned way but new way with machines..Helped on a farm that I deer hunted at

9. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    You are a Wisconsinite indeed. :yes:

10. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,049

Milked a cow twice a day by hand when in high school. Raised our own berries and had a 1 acre garden. Deer hunted in our back yard. Raised ducks and geese along with the chickens for food and eggs. Never got into camping without electricity. Sporadic lengthy power outages in rural Wis during January make you appreciate the power company. Lived in Wis over 45+ years and don't know anyone that would admit to ever going cow tipping. Do recall as a youngster getting my city cousins to pee on the electric fence though. Beer parties behind abandoned barns, in cemeteries, or on overgrown logging roads, no need to have any ones parents be gone. Sometimes they were even home to keep the lid on things. That's the Wisconsin I remember as a child.:Dancing: