Whats your best memory as a Packer fan?

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first time I went to Lambeau was in the 90's against the Rams. my wife and I on a whim loaded the car with no tickets and headed north for 6 hours. i've always got into every game I wanted so I wasn't scared of getting sht out. We got there in the middle of the night Sat. And I stood at the the "machine shed" Lambeau and cried. We stayed at the Days Inn down town and got into the mch larger main lot at 9. It was amazing. Pictures with St. Vince and the ultimate and just sucking it in. It was late December and when I walked through the tunnel to the stadium I burst into tears. It was like a highschool football field. We partied our *** off with people from everywhere and went back to our truck only to have 6 guys sitting in our chairs drinking our beer. I said WTF and they went to the station across the opposite side of the stadium to buy more. We stayed until the cops ra us out and went downtown to Legends for supper. I never saw them again at the 12 other games I've been to.

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Everyone has a great story about their first trip to Lambeau. Fantastic stuff. My first trip was when I was four, in 1988. Don't know who the game was against and to be honest I really don't remember all that much. The only thing I remember was never wanting to go back because it was too cold. Haha, how stupid I was when I was four. I'm glad I decided to give Lambeau another try.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Everyone has a great story about their first trip to Lambeau. Fantastic stuff. My first trip was when I was four, in 1988. Don't know who the game was against and to be honest I really don't remember all that much. The only thing I remember was never wanting to go back because it was too cold. Haha, how stupid I was when I was four. I'm glad I decided to give Lambeau another try.

Worst experience I had as a kid (not sure what year, but had to be mid '70s) was at a game with my dad versus the BOBs. Packers lead 17-0 going into the 4th Q and lost 31-17. :shock: Man, that sucked.

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Worst experience I had as a kid (not sure what year, but had to be mid '70s) was at a game with my dad versus the BOBs. Packers lead 17-0 going into the 4th Q and lost 31-17. :shock: Man, that sucked.

Yeah, there were a lot of bad games at Lambeau in the 70's and 80's. Early 90's for that matter as well. I remember being at the first game where Favre came in for Majkowski against the Bengals. He completed his first pass to himself.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Yeah, there were a lot of bad games at Lambeau in the 70's and 80's. Early 90's for that matter as well. I remember being at the first game where Favre came in for Majkowski against the Bengals. He completed his first pass to himself.

I remember in '89 we played the Saints at home in the second game of the year. On the radio they said that if you had a ticket stub and if the Packers won (which they rarely did prior to that year) you could go to Taco Johns after the game and get a free taco for every TD the Packers scored (while supplies lasted). Well, GB won the game on a last second play 35-34. My buddy and I, both about 21 at the time and BIG, growing boys, dashed out as quick as we could... People were just estatic after the game... I remember a guy on a motorcycle probably doing 100 mph heading north up Oneida street (north of the stadium) wearing no helmet screaming **** like "WHOOOOOOOHOOOOO!!! GOOOOOO PACK!!!" Freakin' crazy!!!

Anyway, we drove as quickly as we could to Taco John's on the east side expecting it to be full - and they owed us each 5 free tacos!!! We got there and the place was empty and the guy at the counter had no idea what we were even talking about. He asked the manager and he didn't know either!!! Well, we argued a bit and they gave us our freebies!! But, my guess is that prior to that year, winning was so sparse in GB that they did **** like that never expecting to have to give away anything, let alone 5 free tacos per ticket!!! HA HA HA

I wonder from time to time what became of that goofball on the motorcycle. Seemed like a sure candidate for the Darwin Awards...

Members online

Latest posts