What Would You Prefer When Your Team Loses?

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Losing the SB as win or lose its the last game of the NFL season and the off season will seem much shorter.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point of view has always been that I enjoy watching the Packers win. The more wins the better. I don't get all worked up about losing in the playoffs as 20 teams fail to make the post-season, and 30 out of 32 lose before reaching the SB. I enjoy the journey so as much as winning the big games. I generally detest the circus that has become the SB so normally I would rather the Packers not be in it so I don't have to care about it for two weeks.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point of view has always been that I enjoy watching the Packers win. The more wins the better. I don't get all worked up about losing in the playoffs as 20 teams fail to make the post-season, and 30 out of 32 lose before reaching the SB. I enjoy the journey so as much as winning the big games. I generally detest the circus that has become the SB so normally I would rather the Packers not be in it so I don't have to care about it for two weeks.
I was with you til that last sentence. I then... had to read the last sentence several times to try and find the spot where you indicated that you had to be joking....????

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing a Super Bowl is really painful, but getting to a Super Bowl is an accomplishment. I'm proud that the '97 Packers got to Super Bowl XXXII, but since they lost I don't like to think about it. Still, I'd prefer they get that far instead of losing in the playoffs.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

As swhitset says you don't like the SB circus so you hope the Packers aren't in it? I am going to assume that you mean if the only choices are losing in the playoffs or losing in the SB you see it as losing your last game either way so you would rather not be put through the whole 2 week media circus.

For me its Super Bowl and its not even close.

I'd rather be a Bills fan with 4 consecutive SB losses than a team who lost 4 consecutive playoff games. I'd rather be a vikings fans with 4 SB losses than a ... Um ... well, I'd rather be a Bills fan anyway.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As swhitset says you don't like the SB circus so you hope the Packers aren't in it?
Back in the gory years I would have liked to have seen the Packers get to the Super Bowl, just so that they would be on the national stage and get talked about in the media like the other successful teams of the era, the Cowboys, the Raiders, the 49ers... The Packers biggest media moment I remember in those days was a skit on Saturday night live about how kickers didn't want to play in Green Bay because it was too cold.

Now days you have all the sports channels, the NFL Network and all, so all the teams get talked about. That wasn't the case back then.
And recall I live in Indiana, not Wisconsin, so I didn't hear much Packer talk. Maybe it's why I like to listen to the sports shows that everybody seems to hate around here.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
For those of you who say. "lose in the Super Bowl", no, I would rather lose in the playoffs. Losing in the Super Bowl is only acceptable if you team has won a few of them.

After all, the team that has lost the most Super Bowls, not the Vikings, not the Bills. But the Patriots. (5)

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing a Super Bowl is really painful, but getting to a Super Bowl is an accomplishment. I'm proud that the '97 Packers got to Super Bowl XXXII, but since they lost I don't like to think about it. Still, I'd prefer they get that far instead of losing in the playoffs.
You mean the Super Bowl the Broncos cheated the salary cap so Elway could get one? No, I'm not bitter.....

Reaction score
I will only say that initially I want to make the big game.

But I understand what I perceive to be the fall from false expectations. The 2011 season was a more difficult finish of a season for me than any I’ve experienced.
It was because of the ultimate letdown of the Giants anhialating us at Lambeau that I personally began tempering my excitement since. So I get what you’re laying down.
The only team that beat us was the Bills and that was only because Mcarthy decided to try to form a running game (unsuccessfully) before the playoffs and would not relent until well into the second half. We underestimated the Bills D and they stifled our change of pace away from running the ball the second half.. too little too late.
That game was the first time I saw the stubbornness of Mcarthy.
It was actually because of our 15-1 season that I was tempered in 2014. I wonder if Patriots fans felt that way for a time after the 2007 season

Last edited:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
As a fan who has watched his team lose 4 Super Bowls, I can tell you, I have never had a fan from another team say. "Well at least your team made to 4 Super Bowls". Not once, in 52 years.

Reaction score
As a fan who has watched his team lose 4 Super Bowls, I can tell you, I have never had a fan from another team say. "Well at least your team made to 4 Super Bowls". Not once, in 52 years.
Maybe when you hit 5? lol. J/k
My poor sister n brother n law n family from St Cloud and now Delano!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
For those of you who say. "lose in the Super Bowl", no, I would rather lose in the playoffs. Losing in the Super Bowl is only acceptable if you team has won a few of them.

After all, the team that has lost the most Super Bowls, not the Vikings, not the Bills. But the Patriots. (5)

Well yes, you are a Viking fan. It would be embarrassing to dust off that Super Bowl Trophy case right before the game and then once again not have anything to put in it. ;)

Dude Be Happy! At least your team has made it to 4 Super Bowls!!! All those Super Bowl trophies are kind of a pain to keep dusted and shiny!

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
remember when everyone wished we had a GM more like Elway? How's that been working out?

Latest posts