WHAT THE....

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So lemme see if I understood correctly.

Aaron Rodgers has claimed it's not his job to get Jordan Love ready.

Aaron Rodgers has claimed it's the new receivers' job to get on the same page as him.

Yet Aaron Rodgers texts with, offers help to and gives advice to, and mentors players on OTHER teams?

I need the Rodger's lovers to explain how this helps THE PACKERS!

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The loss of Turner and Patrick now looming large. Need a right tackle badly - Bulaga? Im ready for an oline shake up. May want to think about 2 TE sets in tight. Could they lure Edelman out of retirement? Rodgers while not the most loveable expects better and its hard to argue. Team is snake bit right now but hopefully they can catch fire by week 9

D

Deleted member 6794

Aaron Rodgers has claimed it's the new receivers' job to get on the same page as him.

Yet Aaron Rodgers texts with, offers help to and gives advice to, and mentors players on OTHER teams?

WTF are you talking about???

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The normal human desire to not be besties with the guy who the team brought in to literally replace you? Look, I don't necessarily believe that Rodgers is running around treating Love like crap but I'm also pretty sure I don't want Rodgers talking to Love period because lord only knows what kinda crazy stuff he's going to teach him.

OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The normal human desire to not be besties with the guy who the team brought in to literally replace you? Look, I don't necessarily believe that Rodgers is running around treating Love like crap but I'm also pretty sure I don't want Rodgers talking to Love period because lord only knows what kinda crazy stuff he's going to teach him.
How does Aaron's actions in THIS situation help THE PACKERS? That's all I know his apologists to explain to me. Whether that's you Sunshinepacker or not, that's what I need, the apologists to explain this.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How does Aaron's actions in THIS situation help THE PACKERS? That's all I know his apologists to explain to me. Whether that's you Sunshinepacker or not, that's what I need, the apologists to explain this.

Why is it Rodger's job to develop the guy drafted to replace him? I mean, Rodgers has watched the front office actively make his job harder over the past 3 seasons by adding players on defense and basically ignoring the offense until this season but not only do fans want Rodgers to overcome inept drafts of offensive players but ALSO coach the guy who will replace him! I would be ecstatic if Rodgers decided to also be an assistant QB coach but I'm certainly not going to insist it's a requirement of his job.

Only fans believe an employee is super excited to bring along their eventual replacement.

QB - "Wait, this is the guy that's going to cost me millions when he's good enough to start and you want me to speed that along and cost myself lots of money?"
Fans - "Do it for the love of the team!"
QB - "You know I grew up in California right? Why do you assume I would gladly trade millions so this team can be better when my playing career is over?"
Fans - "Cause I love the team and therefore employees of the team must ALSO be fans!"

OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is it Rodger's job to develop the guy drafted to replace him? I mean, Rodgers has watched the front office actively make his job harder over the past 3 seasons by adding players on defense and basically ignoring the offense until this season but not only do fans want Rodgers to overcome inept drafts of offensive players but ALSO coach the guy who will replace him! I would be ecstatic if Rodgers decided to also be an assistant QB coach but I'm certainly not going to insist it's a requirement of his job.

Only fans believe an employee is super excited to bring along their eventual replacement.

QB - "Wait, this is the guy that's going to cost me millions when he's good enough to start and you want me to speed that along and cost myself lots of money?"
Fans - "Do it for the love of the team!"
QB - "You know I grew up in California right? Why do you assume I would gladly trade millions so this team can be better when my playing career is over?"
Fans - "Cause I love the team and therefore employees of the team must ALSO be fans!"
So it's all about Rodgers yet again and nobody else. Got it. I asked for an explanation and got one

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So it's all about Rodgers yet again and nobody else. Got it. I asked for an explanation and got one

Yes, if you believe that players should also be coaches for the guy who take their jobs. I personally think that's kind of a silly standard to hold people to. Just curious, what do you think the QB coach's job should be?

OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, if you believe that players should also be coaches for the guy who take their jobs. I personally think that's kind of a silly standard to hold people to. Just curious, what do you think the QB coach's job should be?
I get that...but why help the competition. In any other field that's reason for termination.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get that...but why help the competition. In any other field that's reason for termination.

No, he's not helping Jordan Love. How does not helping a player who is not on the field helping the competition? It's not like pretty much any other position on a football team, only ONE QB plays, so Rodgers not helping Love has no impact on the field while Rodgers is here.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has made his own job harder by demanding to be paid a quarter of the entire salary cap.

How dare he! He should be willing to be paid the minimum salary...said the owner of the team and the GM. Only in sports do fans demand players be willing to accept below market deals (plus, I've seen the players Gute drafts on offense, I doubt the cap savings would have helped the offense very much).

OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How dare he! He should be willing to be paid the minimum salary...said the owner of the team and the GM. Only in sports do fans demand players be willing to accept below market deals (plus, I've seen the players Gute drafts on offense, I doubt the cap savings would have helped the offense very much).
The way he plays in California, Florida and now abroad he should consider himself lucky to be employed.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No vets are clamoring to come play with Rogers - nuff said. Players know. Davante knew.

D

Deleted member 6794

You did watch the game, right? They were talking all about Rodgers very much mentoring Zach Wilson.

Honestly I can't stand Burkhardt and Olsen, therefore I don't listen to them closely. In addition I'm quite sure there's no truth to Rodgers actually coaching Wilson by any means. They might have talked to each other during the offseason but it's ridiculous to suggest Rodgers has helped opponents to win because of it.

Do you honestly believe any other player on the roster is coaching the backups??? It's the coaches job to develop players and not the starters' one.

No, he's not helping Jordan Love. How does not helping a player who is not on the field helping the competition?

There are some fans who truly believe that Rodgers supposedly mentoring Wilson helped the Jets defeat the Packers.

Rodgers has made his own job harder by demanding to be paid a quarter of the entire salary cap.

Rodgers' cap hit is accounting for 13.6% of this year's cap.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care one bit if he isn't mentoring, doing film study discussions with Jordan...sending texts at night with thoughts and hugs...

What I do care is all this passive aggressive crap he does with his receivers or other teammates. What is HE doing now as the freaking leader of this team to get this machine moving better? Is there late night sessions with receivers? Bonus film sessions together, after practice is "over" reps...what steps actually are being done?

Maybe there are some and all kept internal.....but that isn't the vibe I get at all.

Reaction score
To settle an argument, doesn't "Poor Play on Game Day" show up some were in practice????
I dunno does stage fright show up for actors during rehearsal?
It just seems that if some on the team being interviewed are saying about getting the correct players and to execute some plays, all this would show up in practice before the season begins.

Remember Rodgers committed in preseason how his young receivers are dropping passes.

I hope they figure this out real fast.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, I would prefer Rodgers to stay calm like Brady does once things aren't going his way :D

LOL I know you're just being funny but I've also never understood or personally have been okay with justifying "one thing" because another version "is worse". Both can be true at once.

D

Deleted member 6794

LOL I know you're just being funny but I've also never understood or personally have been okay with justifying "one thing" because another version "is worse". Both can be true at once.

I was being funny but just to make it clear I don't have any issue with the way Rodgers is treating teammates though.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't care one bit if he isn't mentoring, doing film study discussions with Jordan...sending texts at night with thoughts and hugs...

What I do care is all this passive aggressive crap he does with his receivers or other teammates. What is HE doing now as the freaking leader of this team to get this machine moving better? Is there late night sessions with receivers? Bonus film sessions together, after practice is "over" reps...what steps actually are being done?

Maybe there are some and all kept internal.....but that isn't the vibe I get at all.
We are fans. Anything we know, the opponents know as well. All things happening internally need to be kept internal. Always.

Latest posts